BOOTBLACK STREET is a 32x32 modular building.

In the building on the left there are: a stationery shop and a tailor's.

In the building on the right there are: a fortune-teller shop, a modern apartment and an old-fashioned apartment with a terrace.

You can easily remove the side walls to look inside of it.

The car you may see in the photos was built by my boyfriend lookl (just because I wanted to have an old car in front of my modular building).

Hope you'll like it :P.

ZhYceEo.jpg
maBPITW.jpg
u0tPPXY.jpg
SFNblwR.jpg
WtJfIPV.jpg

The photos of the interiors are on my flickr account: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138380948@N04/

Love it, Beyond the nice irregular shapes I like your tailor signage and flowerbeds.

Edited by gotoAndLego

superb ! Love the different features you have managed to squeeze into one piece but at the same time make it unique as different buildings. Some great design cue from the brick bank etc

love it !!

A lovely little street scene. The buildings look excellent. The facades are very well done, but my favourite is the glass roof with the framework. Could be just as well an official modular judging for its overall neatness and detailing! :classic:

Really liking this montage of buildings you have created together here Pakita. So much detail and colour. Firstly I like how the side walls can be removed for play-ability. The atrium type roof on the left building is a stand out. Fine detail like the scissors for the tailor and the sewing machine in the taylors shop are great. This 'set' would look great next to the latest 3 official modulars. Do you have any photo's of this next to any of these ie 10246, 10251 (laundromat side) & 10255?

There are a lot of great details in here, like the recessed red bricks on the front and the olive green 1x1 plates on the back. Especially in the tan tower, I like the roof with the lower dark tan center, but I think the four white round tiles look better than the half rounds on the second floor because they repeat the four round white plates. I also like what is going on below the first floor tan windows on the right. The support for the trans awning on the left is great.

I think this would fit well next to the Detective Office set, which I really liked, because they have a similar general structure.

Edited by gotoAndLego

This is superbly done! I love the asymmetry of the buildings and the distinctive decorative elements on each building, not to mention the interiors. This could pass as an official set! Would love to build one of my own! Great work!! 

Wow, this is absolutely superb!

The outside is really, really great, and the interiors are chock full of amazing details and also show some out-of-the-box thinking with great part usages (e.g. the whip on the rocking chair, or the car-doors as cloth).

Love it!

Nice! Could be an official set! You actually respected the new trend of more compact/more detailed modulars, while keeping the feeling of it being "grand".. Well done and thanks for inspiring!

PS: And I like the car as well

These colours go together very well and the facades and roof are beautiful. The ability to take the sides off for playability is genius.  I also really like your vintage car. Fabulous work!

This looks brilliant, it really does.
Great colours, lovely façade and I think that black glass roof is terrific.

Keep clicking those bricks together!

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. Massive kudos, @Pakita. This has the je ne sais quoi that all the modular building sets have, and is so hard to recreate. The color is amazing, the lines and blocking are amazing, and the character of the set all mesh to make something greater than the placement of its parts! Seriously, you should be incredibly proud of this, and I look forward to future builds from you for inspiration.

Brilliant. Only word there is.

So many little details. You created a great scene here. It should fit right in with other modulars, which is always one of my goals. Some modulars go overboard, but there is a nice mixture here. I've struggled with colors at times, but you seem to tie them in together pretty well here. The sand green stands out quite well with the medium nougat. I'm not sure on the dark red and tan tower together, but I like them individually.

The car is a nice addition. I am never sure how to build older style cars since the scale changes in official sets.

I really like this. Good varied mix of realistic colours and texture. I especially.like the use of the trans windshield piece for the roof and door canopy. Well done!

These are gorgeous!  Great colours and variations in the details across the buildings.  Love the window planter boxes.