Well hello, today I have some what of a question/general discussion about an item

Please please don't merge this topic with anyone else or else I may not get an appropriate response

So I recently purchased 34 of the Episode 2 clones from the gunship 7163 and ATTE 4482 back from 2002/2003. 

Here is a picture:

post-160112-0-37650600-1462919811_thumb.jpg

I understand that sometime in May of 2002, Walmart held an event of which kids built as many of these in 1 minute as possible. They were under orders by lego to destroy all items after the event. Here is a look at that:wmlegoclones.jpg

As you can see this came with 150 clones. 

A few people managed to get away with these.

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find one of these? I would pay hundreds upon hundreds of dollars for something like this. I have seen them on eBay before, but they never had the box. What is someone's thought on this?

Again, plz plz plz don't merge this topic and let it stand on its own. I know there may be similar topics, but I hope to get an appropriate response. Thank you.

Edited by Jedi Master

Wow I didnt even know it existed! Although I dont know of any, you can follow search terms on ebay. I would also check the other auction sites, craiglist etc. I wish you the best of luck

2 hours ago, jamiejme said:

Wow I didnt even know it existed! Although I dont know of any, you can follow search terms on ebay. I would also check the other auction sites, craiglist etc. I wish you the best of luck

OK thank you! I know they are a little unknown, but they are super awesome. Imagine all those clones for an army.

Yup, I remember when this occurred.

Yes, LEGO tells the other stores to go and destroy all of the leftover promotional items along with any unused elements.  But, many of those people didn't do that.  These were all over the internet back in the day form people who worked in those stores and were selling all kinds of that stuff.

Years later, the LEGO Brand Retail stores did an event like this.  The clones all had Commander Cody Phase I helmets though, and all the rest of the clone was a normal clone trooper.  Just in case someone tried to smuggle the extras out the door.

6 hours ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Yup, I remember when this occurred.

Yes, LEGO tells the other stores to go and destroy all of the leftover promotional items along with any unused elements.  But, many of those people didn't do that.  These were all over the internet back in the day form people who worked in those stores and were selling all kinds of that stuff.

Years later, the LEGO Brand Retail stores did an event like this.  The clones all had Commander Cody Phase I helmets though, and all the rest of the clone was a normal clone trooper.  Just in case someone tried to smuggle the extras out the door.

Oh wow that's really interesting! I haven't seen any of the 2008 events for sale ever. I have seen the 2002 in the past on eBay and such.

1 hour ago, LegoMedGuy said:

You aren't the only one looking for these! I know of two people who have them and neither are willing to sell. 

Oh wow! I don't know anyone who owns one. The only reason I have seen them been sold is when people really need the money.

I have 4

one chewed by my passed dog, in 2007-8

I do remember the boxes

were quite common in early 2000' ON e-bay

10 hours ago, Mr Meleca said:

I have 4

one chewed by my passed dog, in 2007-8

I do remember the boxes

were quite common in early 2000' ON e-bay

Well if you ever decide to sell (especially chewed one) on eBay I'll be a potential taker.

reviving this thread; just purchased 45 clones that were part of one of these sets, brand new condition. Stiff limbs and all, as stated in the eBay ad!

On 2/6/2018 at 10:12 PM, keelan said:

reviving this thread; just purchased 45 clones that were part of one of these sets, brand new condition. Stiff limbs and all, as stated in the eBay ad!

Wow that’s awesome! 45 is a lot! Over about a year I’ve purchases 39 but not all in one big lot. Thanks for sharing!

I have one of these sets, the box looks practically brand new and it has all 150 figures but unfortunately I'm missing 48 of the mini figures helmets. Does anyone know where I could buy these in bulk? I only ever see them in increments of 2-3 at a time

i would like to complete this set to 100% before I decide to sell it

thanks in advance!

I recently obtained a set with the box. Has 30 complete figures. 34 figures without helmet. 4 figures missing heads, and 17 legs. 85 total pieces. I have no attachment to it so willing to sell if anyone is still interested

17 hours ago, Jrodlivewire06 said:

I recently obtained a set with the box. Has 30 complete figures. 34 figures without helmet. 4 figures missing heads, and 17 legs. 85 total pieces. I have no attachment to it so willing to sell if anyone is still interested

How much for it USD? Just saw one on ebay and regret not going for it. 

26 minutes ago, packa said:

How much for it USD? Just saw one on ebay and regret not going for it. 

The last full set I could find sold for $700 6 months ago. I was thinking $400 for this incomplete set

0C885315-8122-4C6D-A63F-07BEBE9CB019.jpeD227B119-405E-4E8B-9284-8CA9AD31129B.jpe83F440E7-9964-4C62-BB8C-8A9B54D003E1.jpe

On 1/27/2019 at 1:52 PM, Jrodlivewire06 said:

The last full set I could find sold for $700 6 months ago. I was thinking $400 for this incomplete set

0C885315-8122-4C6D-A63F-07BEBE9CB019.jpeD227B119-405E-4E8B-9284-8CA9AD31129B.jpe83F440E7-9964-4C62-BB8C-8A9B54D003E1.jpe

That seems pretty fair, Id be interested in buying. I have been looking for one of these forever. Want to talk over email or private about it? Send me a private message with your email.

Edited by Megafitz
Typo

On 1/27/2019 at 1:52 PM, Jrodlivewire06 said:

That seems pretty fair, Id be interested in buying. Want to talk over email or private about it?

i am really wanting to buy if anyone has this and would like to talk email me at tjfitz1608@yahoo.com 

31 minutes ago, Megafitz said:

That seems pretty fair, Id be interested in buying. Want to talk over email or private about it?

i am really wanting to buy if anyone has this and would like to talk email me at tjfitz1608@yahoo.com 

It sold. Sorry! Thanks for your interest!

So this week I went through a bedroom closet at home and forgot I had this. It’s in EXCELLENT condition and at first I didn’t want to sell it but I would consider offers. Feel free to message me. I joined a few Facebook groups and I think I might post it there and eBay to see how good an offer I get. I’m having trouble posting the pics but I can send them in email/Facebook message

On 8/21/2019 at 5:49 AM, Bdubbs311 said:

So this week I went through a bedroom closet at home and forgot I had this. It’s in EXCELLENT condition and at first I didn’t want to sell it but I would consider offers. Feel free to message me. I joined a few Facebook groups and I think I might post it there and eBay to see how good an offer I get. I’m having trouble posting the pics but I can send them in email/Facebook message

If you could somehow send me pictures I would appreciate it. I would definitely be interested. My email is jared.lavoie828@gmail.com