Legoboy22

Attachments -- and how to delete them

Hi everyone,

How do you delete your attachments from the "my attachments" folder? It seems to not be possible. Also, I can not upload any pictures because it says i have used all my space. I cant delete them to make more. Lastly, how do people have so many good resolution photos with such a small photo size limit? I only have 3 pretty bad quality photos in my attachments folder. Thanks a lot in advance

-Legoboy22

We don't have the bandwidth to provide our members with significant upload space. You need to use a picture hosting site like Flickr.

1 minute ago, ritztoys said:

Are 'Bricksafe' pictures not allowed? I can't upload from there as I used to do before?

The image has to end in in a proper extension, such as .jpg - you can't paste a folder or bricksafe url and expect it to show as an image. I grabbed a random one from your folders and it seems to work just fine. Remember you are not uploading the image to EB, you are only pasting the path to the image into the post and it is loading it from that URL, never saving it our servers.

20140924_112003.jpg

On ‎27‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 4:39 AM, gotoAndLego said:

How do I delete my old attachments?

You need to delete them from the posts that they in.

Tip: A quick way to find where they are posted, is to go to your "My Attachments" and click the link to the topic they are in - it will take you to the correct post automatically.

how to I delete attachments? should I delete the whole post? it got maxed after one post and how do I fix it and how should I add images in the future? here is the attachment that I want to delete.

Don't use attachments, use a dedicated image upload site and then paste the links in your post.

Check the tutorials for more info

Yeah, definitely pays to read the tutorials/FAQs!  :wink:

The paperclip/upload option on Eurobricks that you're talking about is only for very small images to be used in your signature line here on the board.  You only get 100K total, so even 1 regular image probably pushed you to the limit of available space.  For sharing photos of MOCs, etc., you'll want to use a 3rd party service and I think most folks would recommend Flickr, if not using a Lego-focussed image hosting service.

Here's a tutorial on linking/embedding Flickr images in your posts: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/97921-flickr-tutorial/

To delete an attachment, click the drop-down menu from your username at the top right corner of the page and go to My Attachments.  You can remove it from there.

Edited by deraven

I deleted that attachment for you. But it is best to use another site for hosting like the others have mentioned. 

9 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

I deleted that attachment for you. But it is best to use another site for hosting like the others have mentioned. 

Thanks so much! I definitely learned from that mistake!

21 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

can you delete the attachment from this thread also? this was the original thread it was posted in and if you have to, delete the thread aswell: https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/133063-please-delete-attachment-thread/&tab=comments#comment-2566168

Edited by Enforcer Zer0

Hello, I can't delete an old attachement.

I went in "My Attachments" but there isn't the "Delete" button. I tried to delete it direclty from the post where I inserted it but nothing changes, could you help me please? Thank you :)

Hello! I think only staff can do that (something I figured out last time someone had this issue) can you link me the post you made with the attachment?

I made these 2 posts with the attachment, I deleted the photo from both them, but in the scetion "My Attcahment" it is still present

On 5/3/2019 at 6:25 PM, Peppermint_M said:

I think I have fixed it now. Those attachments should be gone.

I need help as well to delete my attachments:

The second one, I tired to delete it but its still inside on my attachments files.

I've tried deleting my two attachments by clicking on their post links, but here are the issues I have.

1. The photo doesn't appear in my actual post so I can't delete it.

2. The thread is closed so I can't edit my post to delete it.

I authorize any mod to delete all of the attachments in my account.

Edited by gotoAndLego

On 12/15/2019 at 11:10 AM, CSW652 said:

Couldn't there be an easier way to do this?

It does seem kind of ridiculous that you can't delete attachments from the attachments screen.

No, that leads to my attachments.

You have a thread or post where you first uploaded them and that will be the source I need to remove them from. As you said, one thread is locked, so you certainly know where you put some.