Legoboy22

Attachments -- and how to delete them

It says they are in these two posts.

minismall.jpg

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/71397-moc-large-scale-morris-mini/&do=findComment&comment=1327300

modularBridgeWatchtower-lxf.zip

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/42611-post-ldd-contest-entries-here/&do=findComment&comment=775196

Just now, Peppermint_M said:

No, that leads to my attachments.

No... my attachments. :laugh:

Right, I removed those ones. Looks like it is some old stuff. Like we recommend, a host is better for a lot of things. Attachment space is for an avatar mainly.

Weirdly, there is no link on any profile for me to view member uploads, hence why the link you sent was the "my" link (So, I was taken to a page of contest banners and graphics :laugh:). 

Sorted the  issue now hopefully.

I'd like to post some pictures but my space is all used up (only 100kb), I was in the page of attachment but I was unable to figure out how

to delete one or all of the pictures.....by the way, would the admin rise my attachment space a little bit?? 100kb is too little

On 8/22/2018 at 8:08 AM, Peppermint_M said:

I deleted that attachment for you. But it is best to use another site for hosting like the others have mentioned. 

Hi Peppermint_M 

Is there a way you could delete my attachments too please, i was still working out how to upload photos to eurobricks from flickr. thank you 

Tom

14 hours ago, TheRiddlersMind said:

Hi Peppermint_M 

Is there a way you could delete my attachments too please, i was still working out how to upload photos to eurobricks from flickr. thank you 

Tom

Hi

What posts did you attach them to? I think I can only remove them from the original posts. I'll take a look at your activity history, but if you could link them here later in case I do miss any!

2 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Hi

What posts did you attach them to? I think I can only remove them from the original posts. I'll take a look at your activity history, but if you could link them here later in case I do miss any!

hi peppermint 

here is the link you requested 

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/attachments/

Edited by TheRiddlersMind

Oookay, it looks like there's a bug, attachments are currently not deletable! Admin are looking into this problem! 

On 10/27/2021 at 2:15 PM, Peppermint_M said:

Oookay, it looks like there's a bug, attachments are currently not deletable! Admin are looking into this problem! 

Thank you for the reply. :pir-thumb:

On 10/27/2021 at 4:15 PM, Peppermint_M said:

Oookay, it looks like there's a bug, attachments are currently not deletable! Admin are looking into this problem

Hi! Is it still down?
I also accidently added an attachment when was introducing myself here.
Then I wanted to update the post and delete the uploaded image and use a linked one, but deleting of the image didn't work.  
So basically every time when I update a post I see that the uploaded image is gone in editor. Then I end editing and the image is still there.

The issue still exists but I have a workaround for it for now. I've taken care of BrickAA's errant image.

6 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

The issue still exists but I have a workaround for it for now. I've taken care of BrickAA's errant image.

Thank you! Now the post looks correctly.
I'll be careful with attachments.

can some of the admins/moderators take a look at this? either remove the attachement option entirely or just add a disclaimer to it like "this isnt ment to store your moc pictures". every single new user stumbles across this so something needs to be done @Hinckley!

Edited by XG BC

It is in the site FAQ. While it has been a very long time since I joined, I am sure there were more places it was mentioned also.

3 hours ago, XG BC said:

every single new user stumbles across this

Also, one of the very clear lines in the New Member Section (from a 2014 thread, 5 years before your sign-up date) is "Eurobricks does not act as an image hosting site

The whole subforum disappears after you make 10 posts, but before that it sits right at the top of the forum index and asks you to "PLEASE READ".

I can also guarantee that even if it does have a warning on the uploader, people will still ignore it. As they ignore the many FAQs and help threads that already exist. 

yea true you have a point there! thanks for clarifying

8 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

It is in the site FAQ. While it has been a very long time since I joined, I am sure there were more places it was mentioned also.

Also, one of the very clear lines in the New Member Section (from a 2014 thread, 5 years before your sign-up date) is "Eurobricks does not act as an image hosting site

The whole subforum disappears after you make 10 posts, but before that it sits right at the top of the forum index and asks you to "PLEASE READ".

I can also guarantee that even if it does have a warning on the uploader, people will still ignore it. As they ignore the many FAQs and help threads that already exist. 

i still have one question: what is the attachement thing ment for if not for images? 

Just now, XG BC said:

i still have one question: what is the attachement thing ment for if not for images? 

Avatar images mostly. Or some LDD files when people used to share those and there wasn't a secure/reliable host for that sort of data. These days we can all go use Rebrickable or somewhere else, but back in the day there wasn't those options.

(I feel like a fossil..)

ahh ok thank you then. back then the restriction to only images wasnt there then i guess. this probably only came later with an update of the forums software right? just curious.

That is an admin question :laugh:. There have been many changes to the software but as a moderator, I'm not privy too them, not that I would understand most of it! The IT pros run that side of things. 

@Peppermint_M  As I may see, the problem with undeletable attachments is still here. I found this out when I accidentaly pasted picture from photoshop instead of it's URL into the post and it has been added into attachments. And now I can't get rid of them. And,as I am the clever one, I have experimented with other pictures, so now I have three stucked attachments in this post:

Edited by cyberdyne systems

On 1/11/2022 at 11:34 AM, cyberdyne systems said:

As I may see, the problem with undeletable attachments is still here. I found this out when I accidentaly pasted picture from photoshop instead of it's URL into the post and it has been added into attachments. And now I can't get rid of them. And,as I am the clever one, I have experimented with other pictures, so now I have three stucked attachments in this post:

It has not been fixed yet, that is correct.

Simply request the images to be deleted and an admin can do it, it takes some time.

NOTE TO ANYONE READING THIS TOPIC

1 - You should not be attaching images to your posts, EB is not an image hosting service.

2 - If you attach a file to your post you will not be able to remove it and if it needs removed an admin will need to do it manually, just ask for help here with a link to the post.

3 - Please don't attach files to your posts, just put images online and deeplink them (Flickr or whatever service you like to use) and if you have files you want to distribute that go with your post put them in Google Drive or something similar and paste the share link into your post.

Thank you.

Go to the  post with the attachement and click the trashcan icon on the picture at the bottom when editing, I just deleted a picture that was accidently an attachment that way.

Edited by TeriXeri

I click on the edit button and it brings up a window showing the attachments.  I click on the trash can icon on each picture and they disappear.  I click on the 'Edit Topic' button, the page refreshes and the attachments are still there.  So that doesn't work for me.