Freezingvettes99

Just Another BNSF SD40-2 ... In 6 Wide!

After completing my BN SD40-2 and being extremely happy with how that turned out I decided to try the design in BNSF livery.  So here it is, I think it turned out pretty nice, there are a couple limitations on parts compared to the BN version but it worked out fine.  Feedback is always welcomed :wink:.

32728670793_49cbb66fc4_c.jpg20170319_175422 by freezingvettes99, on Flickr

33502262116_624ed22ff3_c.jpg20170319_175356 by freezingvettes99, on Flickr

33543382265_476f13f9dc_c.jpg20170319_175246 by freezingvettes99, on Flickr

32728673223_df0d8a27ba_c.jpg20170319_175231 by freezingvettes99, on Flickr

Nice BNSF! Your shaping is pretty much spot-on and it's just nice overall. The black and orange is always very eye catching.

By the way, if you're looking to finish the yellow striping around the ends of the loco Michael's has some pin striping sticker rolls that should work well for you, if you have a Michael's nearby. The yellow is actually almost a perfect match to LEGO's yellow and one of the yellow stripe stickers is actually almost exactly a plate thick, so it's perfect for finishing the yellow stripes around the ends. I used those on my 8-wide BNSF SD40-2 and really like the result. I don't remember the brand off the top of my head, but later tonight I will take a look and see what they are.

That's a sharp looking loco. Nice work. I'm more of an east coast rail guy but I do like the BNSF orange. I'm also a sucker for anything EMD. Again, nice work.

On 4/7/2017 at 0:30 AM, 22kane said:

That's a sharp looking loco. Nice work. I'm more of an east coast rail guy but I do like the BNSF orange. I'm also a sucker for anything EMD. Again, nice work.

22kane: I like engine locos on the bottom of your responses. How did you make that? Where could I make one?

Very nice! Is it motorized? And how did you design your three row wheelbases? Just curious. Thumbs up.

LMF

On 4/20/2017 at 7:50 PM, LegoMonorailFan said:

Very nice! Is it motorized? And how did you design your three row wheelbases? Just curious. Thumbs up.

LMF

It is not motorized, I use the Talltim 3 axle bogie.  I have modified the basic plan to fit my needs but this is basically how it works.

The Talltim Truck

Edited by Freezingvettes99

1 hour ago, Freezingvettes99 said:

It is not motorized, I use the Talltim 3 axle bogie.  I have modified the basic plan to fit my needs but this is basically how it works.

The Talltim Truck

Cool! As for motorizing, a train motor or two on a cargo car works fine I'm sure.

LMF