Sign in to follow this  
Brandon Stark

[OL - Mar FB5] Seminaire de Breshaun

32921825204_2e69a46d6b.jpgSeminaire de Breshaun by Brandon Stark, on Flickr

Before returning to Dragonstone, Brandon plans to visit a few more sites in Breshaun, which has seen significant growth since he last visited over a year ago. One of these sites is the Seminaire de Breshaun, located close to the Temple of Zeus. Funded by Brandon with support from the Order, the seminary is a testament to the Order's growing power in the colonies, allowing it to train new priests in the colonies for missions, rather than sending priests over from the mainland.

The Seminary's style to similar to those of Dragonstone, since Brandon was the one who funded its construction, but its materials are similar to that of most buildings in Breshaun. It is currently home to a small but growing number of priests in training, and because of the growing numbers, the Order is planning to buy a larger property nearby. The Seminary is also home to two priests of Zeus and Poseidon each, and also one priest of Hades, who educates the priests in training on the darker side of the Order.

So this build was supposed to be for Dragonstone, but Breshaun needed properties and so it got a seminary. The style of this one is actually based off of the Seminaire de Quebec in Vieux Quebec that I visited last year in Quebec City, Canada, though the Seminaire de Quebec is much bigger. 

Edited by Brandon Stark

Nice house.:thumbup: The tone and the style of the building suit well with the ecclesiastic theme.

13 hours ago, Bodi said:

Nice house.:thumbup: The tone and the style of the building suit well with the ecclesiastic theme.

Thanks!

Indeed it is a nice little house, registered as a residence or cultural property? (just out of interest) A seminary is a great idea for Oleon.

If you wanted to give the façade some more texture using the same bricks, you could try making it two studs wide and placing some masonry bricks so the curved one stud wide side faces out, similar to how I placed them in my hattery LDD build. Just a suggestion.

Also, after my first LDD build, KB recommended I use this add on to render with, it adds a bit more texture to the bricks, and I like the results better than the original bluerender, although it did take me some playing around with to get it to work at a higher resolution - but anyway it's a personal preference thing I think!

Anyway keep up the good work!

New batch of freshly trained priests in Breshaun?? Read the full story at the Eltina Courier! - Your only source of godly divination!

On 4/1/2017 at 4:34 PM, Ayrlego said:

Indeed it is a nice little house, registered as a residence or cultural property? (just out of interest) A seminary is a great idea for Oleon.

If you wanted to give the façade some more texture using the same bricks, you could try making it two studs wide and placing some masonry bricks so the curved one stud wide side faces out, similar to how I placed them in my hattery LDD build. Just a suggestion.

Also, after my first LDD build, KB recommended I use this add on to render with, it adds a bit more texture to the bricks, and I like the results better than the original bluerender, although it did take me some playing around with to get it to work at a higher resolution - but anyway it's a personal preference thing I think!

Anyway keep up the good work!

It's a educational property. Thanks for the compliments and advice. 

On 6/5/2017 at 4:11 PM, LegoEomer said:

Great building there!

Thank you!

7 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

New batch of freshly trained priests in Breshaun?? Read the full story at the Eltina Courier! - Your only source of godly divination!

:pir_laugh2: