MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

I've not looked too closely at the set descriptions but large amount of figures in sets set alarm bells going off anyway. When they start to include figures everyone wants that's another thing that doesn't feel right, even if people want it to be correct.

From all of them the only figure I'd want is Nien Nunb... and that's as long as he's wearing a red flight suit with waistcoat/flak jacket.

25 minutes ago, Robianco said:

I've not looked too closely at the set descriptions but large amount of figures in sets set alarm bells going off anyway. When they start to include figures everyone wants that's another thing that doesn't feel right, even if people want it to be correct.

From all of them the only figure I'd want is Nien Nunb... and that's as long as he's wearing a red flight suit with waistcoat/flak jacket.

I do agree with what your saying ... BUT people were saying the same things a few days ago about the 14 minifigures in the HP Great Hall set and yet that rumour now seems more solid. Could Lego now be using figures to justify higher prices for smaller builds? The piece count of these supposed sets is not included after all.

2 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

I do agree with what your saying ... BUT people were saying the same things a few days ago about the 14 minifigures in the HP Great Hall set and yet that rumour now seems more solid. Could Lego now be using figures to justify higher prices for smaller builds? The piece count of these supposed sets is not included after all.

The high amount of figures we'll get according to all the different leaks is certainly very interesting.

Also it looks like they're using appearances from both episode 2 and 3 and clone wars (2003) to represent the clone wars (2008) era.

8 hours ago, LEGOscum said:

I noticed that a day or two ago too, but (and I'm not an expert in Swedish) but I took utgar to mean "start on" - as in it is having a delayed release.

Also, none of the advent calendars get retired (they are still available now) and the box dimensions don't match the other two. But I get where you are coming from.

Actually its the opposite, Utgår means retires.

Just throwing this out there, but there has been a leaked image of angry Snoke on Instagram. It is very likely that the figure is a fake, since the account is not a leak account. However, recently it seems that the post has been removed. It’s not much, but if it is real, it could at least     prove the throne room set.

As someone who doesnt even really like Rebels all that much, am I the only one who finds it bizarre TLJ would produce Clone Wars era sets when Rebels isnt even off air yet?

2 minutes ago, Forresto said:

As someone who doesnt even really like Rebels all that much, am I the only one who finds it bizarre TLJ would produce Clone Wars era sets when Rebels isnt even off air yet?

Unfortunately, the Rebels sets haven't sold well enough, so I guess they decided it isn't worth it. Hence why we've only had one small Rebels set in the past year.

I think it's a combination of things...

1) The Clone Wars ran longer on regular TV, with longer seasons (5 full seasons plus a movie plus the Lost Missions, versus Rebels, with only 4 seasons, which were all shorter)

2) The Clone Wars was more widely-embraced by fans (versus Rebels, which a significant portion of fans dislike)

3) The Clone Wars was pretty much the only Star Wars entertainment at the time (versus Rebels, which has to compete with a new movie every year)

4) The Clone Wars is still available on Netflix, which is increasingly the preferred/only means of watching shows for younger generations (versus Rebels, which is only on Disney/DVD)

5) Set selection by LEGO was sometimes a bit questionable for Rebels, which probably contributed to poor sales more than any of the above.

Edited by jdubbs

47 minutes ago, Forresto said:

I actually like Rebels and do find it bizarre, especially considering I would have thought that Lego would have an obligation to produce sets to tie in with Disney's current works. It kind of devalues the show not to by implying that it is not worthy.

Of course, one of the grey sets could be a Rebels set that features spoilers from the end of Season 4 and is thus greyed out.

4 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Thanks for clearing that up :D It's odd that LEGO would develop any set and only give it a 4 month shelf life.

Solo body kit for the UCSFalcon? ;)

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

Of course, one of the grey sets could be a Rebels set that features spoilers from the end of Season 4 and is thus greyed out.

16 minutes ago, LEGOscum said:

It's odd that LEGO would develop any set and only give it a 4 month shelf life.

Perhaps 75217 is a Rebels spoiler set, which is why it is grayed out, and why it's only on the shelves for a limited time, given the show is ending... in which case it would clearly not be a V-whatever Torrent. It would be a fairly large set for Rebels, given there was only one small set for the show last year.

Another possibility is that 75217 is only early retirement in whatever region the leaked catalog shots were created for. Certain sets, such as the Rebels A-Wing/Vader TIE set, retired in Europe several months ahead of the US. (I assumed that was due to poor sales at the time, but perhaps it was by design?) And stock of Winter Village sets seems to run out in England right around Christmas, whereas in the US they're available more or less year-round.

Edited by jdubbs

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

I think it's a combination of things...

1) The Clone Wars ran longer on regular TV, with longer seasons (5 full seasons plus a movie plus the Lost Missions, versus Rebels, with only 4 seasons, which were all shorter)

2) The Clone Wars was more widely-embraced by fans (versus Rebels, which a significant portion of fans dislike)

3) The Clone Wars was pretty much the only Star Wars entertainment at the time (versus Rebels, which has to compete with a new movie every year)

4) The Clone Wars is still available on Netflix, which is increasingly the preferred/only means of watching shows for younger generations (versus Rebels, which is only on Disney/DVD)

5) Set selection by LEGO was sometimes a bit questionable for Rebels, which probably contributed to poor sales more than any of the above.

I think one of the issues with Rebels in the UK is that it’s such hard work to watch it! It’s on weeks after the US airing, really early on a Saturday morning and you have to have Disney XD to watch it. The mid-season breaks are not something we normally do in the UK either, so I think it suffers due to that. That said, Clone Wars is not available anywhere in the UK (not on Netflix here) and the brilliant final season has never even been released here on dvd - you need to buy it on import. 

I hope this rumors are true, and I think they are. Like why Lego wouldn't do a set based on tge most popular scene in The Last Jedi? Why wouldn't they release a set with Leia after two waves without her and other minifigures that are nor random Rebels. Well, not counting soldier. And finally, why Lego wouldn't do a Clone Wars like set with Obi-Wan to easily be a partner to Clone Wars Anakin set?

I don't see why Lego would release the rebel transport, it's a weaponless ship, which is something they tend to not release due to kids not wanting them. It would make more sense for them just to make the Raddus on a larger scale instead

25 minutes ago, Brickwraith said:

I don't see why Lego would release the rebel transport, it's a weaponless ship, which is something they tend to not release due to kids not wanting them.

The Resistance Transport Pod has been confirmed to be an unarmed ship, but Lego made it anyway and put a few spring loaded missiles and a stud shooter on it. That set seems to be selling fine to me. They'd probably just put a few stud shooters on the transport ship and call it a day.

Edited by Commodore Thrawn

'The new edition of the LEGO Star Wars magazine 02/2018 from the Blue Ocean publishing house will be available from 20 January 2018. As an extra, this time there will not be a small kit, but a LEGO Star Wars Imperial Shuttle pilot with a blaster.' ~ Promo Bricks

20 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

'The new edition of the LEGO Star Wars magazine 02/2018 from the Blue Ocean publishing house will be available from 20 January 2018. As an extra, this time there will not be a small kit, but a LEGO Star Wars Imperial Shuttle pilot with a blaster.' ~ Promo Bricks

How much do they usually cost? Because I really want to get a lot of the more officer-esque figures and the shuttle pilot is perfect

4 hours ago, jdubbs said:

On that point I think poor sales was also partially due to timing of the release of sets. The Ghost was in the first wave of sets, well before the story/characters were fleshed out and it became interesting to fans. The Ghost was on clearance in my part of the world for a while. It’s only now that fans appreciate it (& the minifigs) which is why it now sells for well above rrp. 

7 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Thanks for clarifying Sneakguest.

2 hours ago, Commodore Thrawn said:

The Resistance Transport Pod has been confirmed to be an unarmed ship, but Lego made it anyway and put a few spring loaded missiles and a stud shooter on it. That set seems to be selling fine to me. They'd probably just put a few stud shooters on the transport ship and call it a day.

Interesting, but I still don't think that that will be a set, they haven't released the rebel transport yet, I doubt they will make this

3 hours ago, LEGOscum said:

Thanks for clearing that up :D It's odd that LEGO would develop any set and only give it a 4 month shelf life.

Solo body kit for the UCSFalcon? ;)

it seems odd that Lego would have a set with such a short life span considering their goal in the past year or so has been to defeat resellers

1 hour ago, SgtKilr said:

How much do they usually cost? Because I really want to get a lot of the more officer-esque figures and the shuttle pilot is perfect

I can't speak for overseas but in the Kingdom its around £4.

Edited by Agent Kallus

I'm loving the sound of more Clone Wares sets. By far my favorite era of Star Wars and it makes me happy that the show is still getting some love. The V-19 and minifig lineup sounds too good to be true but a must-have if true! The TLJ throne room set was inevitable and sounds like it'll be great. The Resistance dropship also makes good sense to me even if it isn't an interesting vehicle. An easy pass with so many other great sets coming out this year.

Edited by ToaDraco

11 hours ago, Hygrotus said:

Will be very hard to have datails on summer sets this time I think

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-at-the-2018-london-toy-fair/

Looks like LEGO won't be on London toy fairs, also as is stated there, LEGO fan sites are also not welcome at the Nuremberg Toy Fair. 

Not details, because they will describe sets, but it will be hard to get pictures.