MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

4 hours ago, SgtKilr said:

The gunship "rumour" comes from MandR Productions and he was very clear in the video that he had no evidence to back it up and it was just a theory he has based on the tatooine battlepack and sandcrawler.

Yeah, he clearly said it was a theory, there seems to be a general negative opinion of him it seems... Shame

Are those updated FO stormtroopers really from the FO speeder BP? Because this could be easily done with brasso aplicated on FO Executioner helmet. It would be nice to see some recent unboxing video as a proof.

41 minutes ago, Mr. Cube said:

Are those updated FO stormtroopers really from the FO speeder BP? Because this could be easily done with brasso aplicated on FO Executioner helmet. It would be nice to see some recent unboxing video as a proof.

One of the more recent video reviews of that set has the new troopers. It was a little kid who reviewed it and I don't remember which video it was.

I was also looking at a couple of recent reviews for the TIE Silencer, the AT-M6 and the FO Star Destroyer to see if the post-Christmas production run of those has the new helmets, as that would actually be appropriate seeing as those are TLJ sets and the FO BP is not. Obviously not all recent reviews contain the newest batch of sets, that's why it is still uncommon to find news about the new helmets. I have an unopened FO Star Destroyer that's most likely going to contain the old helmets, but when the new helmets make it to the TLJ sets, I'll hold off on buying the Silencer and AT-M6 and plan to buy them at a later date, so I'll receive the new helmets.

Edited by JekPorkchops

2 hours ago, Mr. Cube said:

For what my voice is worth, I bought a recent copy of the speeder BP and it contained the TLJ stormtroopers. No video as proof tho. :blush:

3 minutes ago, Spongebob456 said:

Did anyone here purchase the new Cantina? Is it worth getting?

I have, and even though I have the old one, I'd say it's still worth it!

5 hours ago, starwars4ever said:

I have, and even though I have the old one, I'd say it's still worth it!

Awesome thanks! Thinking of waiting for it to go on sale first - £44 for 350 odd pieces is a bit steep.

7 hours ago, Spongebob456 said:

Awesome thanks! Thinking of waiting for it to go on sale first - £44 for 350 odd pieces is a bit steep.

Honestly, the old one kinda ruined this one for me. This set would have been great as an add-on to the old, but it doesn't quite fit. The build is just a little different. I ended up modifying it enough to add it to my old one but feel I could have gone without the new set all together. If you don't have the old one, get this, if you do, I'd at least waif for it to go on sale. 

5 hours ago, axiom said:

Honestly, the old one kinda ruined this one for me. This set would have been great as an add-on to the old, but it doesn't quite fit. The build is just a little different. I ended up modifying it enough to add it to my old one but feel I could have gone without the new set all together. If you don't have the old one, get this, if you do, I'd at least waif for it to go on sale. 

Ok thanks. I don't have the old one. I'm still toying with the idea of spending the £90 for the old one. You get 200 odd more pieces and loads of desirable figures and a Dewback. Having said that, £90 for 600 odd pieces is a bit steep too. 

Edited by Spongebob456

Hi - yeah I just ordered the old one in the end for £70 brand new which isn't actually too far off what it was at retail brand new. For the extra £25 I get over double the figures, nearly double the parts, a Dewback, and a more expansive build. The newer one just looks ugly to me and is way overpriced. 

4 hours ago, Spongebob456 said:

Hi - yeah I just ordered the old one in the end for £70 brand new which isn't actually too far off what it was at retail brand new. For the extra £25 I get over double the figures, nearly double the parts, a Dewback, and a more expansive build. The newer one just looks ugly to me and is way overpriced. 

good solution

Edited by DEAD1974

1 hour ago, GryffindorResistance said:

The second pilot in the x wing is Biggs Darklighter. The silver astromech onthe box art is R2F2, confirming this.

Are there any clearer pictures floating around?

Rebelscum.com dropped a couple of interesting rumors concerning 75215 - 75216 and 75217; all summer wave sets, and the number listing is accurate.

None of it is 100% confirmed but it's sounds interesting.

V-wing star fighter; Rex, Cody, Plo Koon, a pilot and a droideka.

TLJ Throne Room fighting scene: Snoke, Rey, Kylo and 2 different praetorian guards.

Resistance transport: Leia, Kaydel Ko Konnix ( Carrie Fisher's daughter I think?), Nien Numb, C3-PO and a resistance soldier. 

7 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

Rebelscum.com dropped a couple of interesting rumors concerning 75215 - 75216 and 75217; all summer wave sets, and the number listing is accurate.

None of it is 100% confirmed but it's sounds interesting.

V-wing star fighter; Rex, Cody, Plo Koon, a pilot and a droideka.

TLJ Throne Room fighting scene: Snoke, Rey, Kylo and 2 different praetorian guards.

Resistance transport: Leia, Kaydel Ko Konnix ( Carrie Fisher's daughter I think?), Nien Numb, C3-PO and a resistance soldier. 

Sounds too good and unrealistic prices, even for estimates = grain of salt

Clear pictures of Han Solo and Beckett have shown up from the TIE fighter. Beckett has 3 red and 1 blue placards for his rank. Not that Lego is notorious for accuracy but that appears it would make him a senior lieutenant in the Imperial Army. 

Edited by Legliss
Additional information

On 1/13/2018 at 3:40 AM, SgtKilr said:

The gunship "rumour" comes from MandR Productions and he was very clear in the video that he had no evidence to back it up and it was just a theory he has based on the tatooine battlepack and sandcrawler.

That's not a rumour anymore; it's pure speculation. Sigh. What has the fanbase come to...

5 minutes ago, ChiefPie said:

$80 for a v-wing if it’s true.. doesn’t sound right for what’s included.

Their description of the set makes it clear that it's actually a V-19 Torrent, and not a V-wing despite the fact that they keep calling it a "V-wing Torrent"

If the V-19 Torrent, Snoke's Throne Room and Rebel Transport rumours are true then those sets are must buys for me, but I won't get my hopes up until I see proof that they're real. 

Whoa! This info is a surprise (but a welcome one). If this is true, then I'm very excited! All of these sound like great sets with great figures, so I'm crossing my fingers that these are real. And honestly, I think it is real. Rebelscum is a reliable source and the descriptions match up with the shapes of the gray boxes from the most recent catalog leak (the one with the sandcrawler and x-wing). I'm cautiously optimistic!

why would a set from not TLJ and Solo need to be using an placeholder/confidential box in the leaked catalog for an upcoming wave? that's just one reason i call these new set rumours fake. it all sounds way too force ghost solo-y ...

The Brick Show is reporting the same rumors from an anonymous source...same one, possibly? They indeed sound way too good to be true, but I want to believe.  If they are this might turn out to be one of the best years for Star Wars sets in recent memory.