MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

1 hour ago, allstyles said:

Would like to know this also...

According to hothbricks, from 1st january but without confirmed conditions as of yet

33 minutes ago, Jerry McGlade said:

UCS Cloud City set confirmed by Mandproductions on Youtube, possible new version of UCS Y-Wing.

Just watched the video and you can hardly call that "confirmed." He just says "cloud city is coming" and spends the next 5 minutes speculating about what it could be, no source or proof or anything. He's never leaked anything before and IIRC he actually spread those fake UCS Falcon pics earlier this year

Edit: to clarify my comment before someone takes it the wrong way, I believe he made videos about the fake pictures claiming they were real, not that he made the pictures.

Edited by Brikkyy13

okay, thanks for telling me. I thought that he was credible because of what he said about the UCS MF being a new set and all that, and because of I being uncertain is why I used him as my source instead of other shakier sources.

Reserve the right to be pessimistic on this one... if they redo to Y-wing ? surely there are other things they could make. 3 makeovers in 4 or 5 years would be too much... 

4 hours ago, Jerry McGlade said:

UCS Cloud City set confirmed by Mandproductions on Youtube, possible new version of UCS Y-Wing.

Click-bait. There’s a reason Gnajbricks parodies this and other similar channels. ‘Confirmed’ would imply it’s official. We would have heard it from other reliable sources (here and elsewhere) if that were the case. 

4 hours ago, Jerry McGlade said:

Cloud City is in the rumors and all but confirmed. It was even mentioned somewhere back in October. Where did you see something about a new Y-Wing? 

On another channel if I recall

anyhow the channel said that they were sure that it was going to be out. But as Markalus says its not official until Lego says it. That is all I know. 

3 hours ago, Darth Malgus said:

Reserve the right to be pessimistic on this one... if they redo to Y-wing ? surely there are other things they could make. 3 makeovers in 4 or 5 years would be too much... 

It's been 13 years since the release of the UCS though and it could be greatly improved imo. I'm surprised Lego designed it with proportions so out of whack.

Here's a quick and dirty comparison I made up between the Lego model and the Bandai model.

VXGa3P8.jpg

Edited by bataleon

Quite interesting, the cockpit to the right is bigger and more like a triangle for its whole entire length while the Lego version is smaller and only the front looks triangular. Of course its only a speculation...

1 hour ago, Markalus said:

Click-bait. There’s a reason Gnajbricks parodies this and other similar channels. ‘Confirmed’ would imply it’s official. We would have heard it from other reliable sources (here and elsewhere) if that were the case. 

It's not "Click-bait".... it's actually happening. "Click-bait" would be me putting a girls tits in the thumbnail. Of course I want people to "click" my videos, EVERYONE does and just because I spend time making them clickable doesn't make them clickbait. I made you an example. 

download (90)4.jpg

Just now, The Missing Number said:

The only question I have from MandR’s video is where he got the price tag of $500 (Unless that price is common knowledge and I’m just out of the loop)

The price is what the rumored price is. Could easily be different. No way to 100% know it until LEGO announces what they'll charge for it.

2 hours ago, Jerry McGlade said:

Quite interesting, the cockpit to the right is bigger and more like a triangle for its whole entire length while the Lego version is smaller and only the front looks triangular. Of course its only a speculation...

Yeah, the engine nacelles are wayyy off too.

1 hour ago, MandRproductions said:

"Click-bait" would be me putting a girls tits in the thumbnail.

Which you did, LOLOLOL!  But let's be careful with the wording...I don't want to upset any of the ladies on our page.  Might be a better word we can use for the forum?

@MandRproductions, care to comment as to who passed along the CC info to you?

Hmmm...500€ are rumored...I think we´ll get something like the 10188/75159 Deathstar Playset with Cloud City Rooms and maybe with a different shape of the whole model.

8 hours ago, bataleon said:

It's been 13 years since the release of the UCS though and it could be greatly improved imo. I'm surprised Lego designed it with proportions so out of whack.

Here's a quick and dirty comparison I made up between the Lego model and the Bandai model.

*Snip*

I agree its out of whack. I would just prefer something new at the moment... the same applies to the system line: sandspeeder, mos eisley cantina, upcoming x-wing, sandcrawler, Anakin's JSF... TLG is just lacking originality right now and the UCS line is no different.

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images, thanks :-)

Sorry if I'm wrong but this Cloud City thing is just speculation no? Isn't it more reliable to assume a new ISD/SSD based on the 75192 box as the 75159 death star box where the MF is "clearly" visible?

8 minutes ago, G59 said:

Sorry if I'm wrong but this Cloud City thing is just speculation no? Isn't it more reliable to assume a new ISD/SSD based on the 75192 box as the 75159 death star box where the MF is "clearly" visible?

The guy who had posted the Cloud City information seems for me to be a reliable source. And (I don´t know if I´m just speculating too much) but I´ve recognized that the MF on the Death Star Box is the shape of the MF, but the Stardestroyers on the MF Box are pictures of the Set 75055.

2 hours ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

The guy who had posted the Cloud City information seems for me to be a reliable source. And (I don´t know if I´m just speculating too much) but I´ve recognized that the MF on the Death Star Box is the shape of the MF, but the Stardestroyers on the MF Box are pictures of the Set 75055.

Ok.

2 hours ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

Hmmm...500€ are rumored...I think we´ll get something like the 10188/75159 Deathstar Playset with Cloud City Rooms and maybe with a different shape of the whole model.

If we're getting a CC, just hope the 500€/500$ is equivalent to the pieces number of the Death star (minifigures included)...

2 minutes ago, G59 said:

If we're getting a CC, just hope the 500€/500$ is equivalent to the pieces number of the Death star (minifigures included)...

I really think that we´re getting a Cloud City. Mariopower also posted a new list on Instagram in which he wrote 75222 Cloud City 500$.

Yes, it would be great to get a as much minifigs as we got in the Deathstar.

7 hours ago, MandRproductions said:

It's not "Click-bait".... it's actually happening. "Click-bait" would be me putting a girls tits in the thumbnail. Of course I want people to "click" my videos, EVERYONE does and just because I spend time making them clickable doesn't make them clickbait. I made you an example. 

download (90)4.jpg

Oh joy. Now you’ve created a profile just to comment here. Must have hit a nerve. Still not commenting on a source though I see?