MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

75200 Ahch-To Island Training set - Had high hopes for this one and honestly a little disappointed, quite underwhelming.

Re the Luke minifig something doesn’t seem right with him, hopefully he will feature in another set and be done better.

75202 Defense of Crait - Was just hoping for the ski speeder by itself, this will be a wait until heavily discounted set for me.

The set we haven’t see yet has Phasma, but disappointed that none of the TLJ sets so far have Leia or the Praetorian Guards.

On to more positive stuff I am rarely interested in Buildable Figures, I just have the Darth Vader one. But these two look very impressive especially the improved Vader.

Love those new sets! 

Ach-to training is basically different version of Yoda's hut and it looks like a must buy!

Kylo/ A-wing micro fighter is cheap way to get new Kylo plus builds look great too!

Ski-speeder microfighter looks nice as well.

Defense of Crait is awesome looking set! I understand why some people think tower is just there to rise the sets price, but I like the way it looks! Great set, although I will have to wait for discount to buy it.

FO battlepack looks ok, Executioner Stormtroopers make it great! Although why FO ground crew minifigure is there instead of say regular Stormtroopers?

Grievous Speeder isn't that great of a build, but Mace Windu alone is worth getting this set for as he's the most accurate version of a character Lego ever made!

Overall this looks like a great wave of sets! Finally!

I love the Ahch-to set, geting a porg is a realt Nicke bonus (however dont understundom the avoidence of TLG  to do molded crestures in SW when they do it in all Otter themes)

I will Aldo get the jawa battlepack, the rest is meh to me...

10 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Love those new sets! 

Ach-to training is basically different version of Yoda's hut and it looks like a must buy!

Kylo/ A-wing micro fighter is cheap way to get new Kylo plus builds look great too!

Ski-speeder microfighter looks nice as well.

Defense of Crait is awesome looking set! I understand why some people think tower is just there to rise the sets price, but I like the way it looks! Great set, although I will have to wait for discount to buy it.

FO battlepack looks ok, Executioner Stormtroopers make it great! Although why FO ground crew minifigure is there instead of say regular Stormtroopers?

Grievous Speeder isn't that great of a build, but Mace Windu alone is worth getting this set for as he's the most accurate version of a character Lego ever made!

Overall this looks like a great wave of sets! Finally!

It is not the same Kylo Ren, the MF uses the old torso printing it seems

11 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

I love the Ahch-to set, geting a porg is a realt Nicke bonus (however dont understundom the avoidence of TLG  to do molded crestures in SW when they do it in all Otter themes)

I will Aldo get the jawa battlepack, the rest is meh to me...

It is not the same Kylo Ren, the MF uses the old torso printing it seems

Nope just checked again , his torso print is the same as in TIE Silencer from September wave. Pretty much the same minifigure just without cape.

World of Games just pulled its pages down. So much for legit.

update: exoforce.ru has taken their pages down now too.

Edited by LEGOscum

I actually like the looks of the Crait Speeder more then I thought I would, so I might end up getting it... Then modding it.

I'm thinking the cockpit would look good in the center, with the wings extending from there.

2 hours ago, LEGOscum said:

World of Games just pulled its pages down. So much for legit.

update: exoforce.ru has taken their pages down now too.

wog still works ... at least for me, and it wasn't a cached site, fresh machine ...

That printed Speed Champions canopy on the Ski Speeder  in 75202 looks kind of cool, but I do hope it is indeed printed. While they usually are in Speed Champions sets, the canopy does have a flat enough surface that Lego could just sticker it instead of print on it. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. 

5 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Nope just checked again , his torso print is the same as in TIE Silencer from September wave. Pretty much the same minifigure just without cape.

Well maybe the picture you have seen is more clear than mine then. Cox the one I have seen really forsens look that way. 

Anyways, happy to be wrong in this case

I suggest keeping an eye on you-know-which-site since they've just added 20+ more sets (mainly Creator, Ninjago and Nexo Knights), no additional SW sets though :wink: If we're lucky, we might get to see the remainder this week :thumbup:

Brickset has the pictures too, since a couple hours ago :thumbup:

Loving that Achc-To set. Will definitely be getting this one.
The others are great too!

Regards,
Mitch 

Most of the sets will be a pass for me, but they seem decent objectively. Nothing impressive, but solid. I definitely will get a couple of executioner battle packs, but it bothers me that yet again they put two crew guys in the pack.

I'm really impressed by 75200 Ahch-To Island Training, and I'll be definitely picking one up at some point.  It's good that TLG are including two main characters in a relatively inexpensive set and it includes a decent selection of LBG & DBG elements, so it should make a decent parts-pack.  I'm still not 100% sold on the Porgs though, I get the feeling they could be destined to become the Ewoks of Episode VIII.....

17 minutes ago, Lobot said:

I'm really impressed by 75200  I'm still not 100% sold on the Porgs though, I get the feeling they could be destined to become the Ewoks of Episode VIII.....

As long as they don’t become the Gungans I’m ok with it! :)

I agree about the Ahch-To set though. I’m not buying anything from the sequels but that’s such a nice little build with two good figures then I can’t pass it up.

those sets  will be released when? will there be any more or this is the final count for the first wave?

Yeah, final pics of the Yoda set also haven't been released yet, that one might turn out to be interesting as well (especially since that particular version of Luke interestingly hasn't been leaked yet). However, the set I'm now actually most curious about is the Clone Battlepack since we have no idea how many of the minifigs were placeholders in the prelim pic :wink: Coleman Trebor's inclusion for instance doesn't make a lick of sense, so we might be in for a surprise (at least that's what I hope). I'm still excited for the Supremacy/AT-ST set, but my expectations in terms of minifigs have been adjusted by a certain description. I highly doubt there's space for more than four minifigs in a SW set of that size...

35 minutes ago, Commodore Thrawn said:

I just realized - The Ahch-To set doesn't include a hood for Luke :cry_sad:

What other sets have a dark tan hood in them?

Yodas Hut and Clone Battlepack come out in April along with the Solo sets. Well prob see their final versions at the NY Toy Fair in February

I think the Defense on Crait set looks amazing. The January sets are usually much better than the force Friday ones because I feel that those ones seem to keep a lot of the movie on the down low and just give the basic figures