MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

5 hours ago, doclord said:

Same page with the leaks has a LEGO book that reveals drawn images of both Old Luke and a new Han Solo that looks younger. Maybe has a new hair piece?

Also just realized the "Carver" probably refers to the ski speeder because it "carves" the landscape. 

I don't want to actively come off as rude, and I hope that this doesn't, but I think that I explicitly said that yesterday. :)

2 hours ago, Artanis I said:

Surely there can't be a new cantina set already, I haven't had a new title since the rumours of the last one!

I would lean in the direction of agreeing with ya.

14 hours ago, Tidy said:

i'd LOVE a han solo battle pack that contains cantina patrons - i'd call it the alien scoundrel battle pack ... 

I really, really doubt that that's going to happen as the ratio of new molds to easy recognition of the characters isn't particularly high; that being hwta it is, however, I'd buy it.

11 hours ago, azog said:

Because we already got leaks on some of the wave two Last Jedi minifigures, when do you think we might see pictures of the sets? Based on last year?

You'll be pretty safe if you bet on higher-quality images in the next six weeks.

-Azani

The ''Cantina'' set seems legit; it all comes from a reliable source;

Wuher was missing from the last set, 2014 sandtroopers are unnafordable on the secondary market and the Han Solo hair piece is always welcomed. 

I just hope it can be somewhat mixed in with the previous version, it would be nice :)

Hmmm a new cantina. How big will it be? Small as the first one? Medium, like the second? With wuher in it, it shall have a bar and it shall have the table scene i guess. But how compatible will it be with the second one, to make a more complete cantina? And will the sandtroopers have a Dewback again? So much questions!

if Ponda and Evazan won’t show up in the cantina, they have to put them in a battle pack, because it is almost painful to see that we still don’t have them. 

55 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

Wuher was missing from the last set, 2014 sandtroopers are unnafordable on the secondary market and the Han Solo hair piece is always welcomed. 

I just hope it can be somewhat mixed in with the previous version, it would be nice :)

I got 7 of them for a little over €40, so not that unnafordable? :tongue:

1 hour ago, RetroInferno said:

Since when is xsilentcommando AKA Taylor Stevenson (who is notorious for fake info and because of that banned from EB) a reliable source?

Having a good look at the Greedo minifigure, it appears to be a new print. On the last Greedo, the outside edges of his vest pockets are not included in on the print. On this new version, the entire pocket is clearly printed. There’s also a new belt buckle printed on the torso which is printed onto the hip piece on the previous version. Sorry if someone has already pointed this out!

Edited by Richpepperell

49 minutes ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

Since when is xsilentcommando AKA Taylor Stevenson (who is notorious for fake info and because of that banned from EB) a reliable source?

I think @RetroInferno was referring to the flickr account that originally posted the image. 

2 hours ago, Borex said:

And will the sandtroopers have a Dewback again? So much questions!

I hope they do, for those who missed out on the last one. They have the mold so they should be using it at every opportunity! 

If this cantina set does turn out to be true, I'll probably pass since I have the last one, unless it's something absolutely fantastic. 

11 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

If this cantina set does turn out to be true, I'll probably pass since I have the last one, unless it's something absolutely fantastic. 

That goes for me too. Wuher will be bricklinkable, and Greedo isn’t so much better as the last one. Maybe if the build is really convincing or if there are other figs like ponda baba or dr evazan. 

I'd love a UCS Moss Eisley set rather than another Cantina...but it looks like just the Cantina is more likely based on the figures in the leak.

8 hours ago, Azani said:
23 hours ago, Tidy said:

i'd LOVE a han solo battle pack that contains cantina patrons - i'd call it the alien scoundrel battle pack ... 

I really, really doubt that that's going to happen as the ratio of new molds to easy recognition of the characters isn't particularly high; that being hwta it is, however, I'd buy it.

but it would be very cool!

however unlikely it is, it's still plausible ... 

i imagine that in the HS movie fans are going to get to see a lot of him hanging out in places like the chalmun's cantina and moz's castle ...

and my nickle says any cantina set will be part of the HS wave not a retail exclusive standalone summer ANH cantina ... 

Wow, haven't checked this boards in a few weeks now and come back to see talk and images of a possible new Cantina set... interesting. It could be from Solo, but I'd guess it's just a normal set from the Winter Wave. It would make sense though, we don't exactly know where the movie will finish up, we could have the movie finishing by Han and Chewie coming into the Cantina or something to tie up the movies, like Rogue One did to tie in with ANH. It's possible the set could be from Solo, but yeah, I think the more likely possibility here is of a regular Episode IV set. Seems strange they'd do another one though after only discontinuing the last one less than 2 years ago now.

Yes I was talking about the Flickr account, 

On another note there must be some kind of big set coming this winter, some people hinted at some kind of rebel base on reddit, there's just way too much new rebel pilots and personnel mini-figs coming. 

My bet is on Major Ematt being in the Crait set (75202). It seems like the resistance is going to leave D'Qar and move to Crait in the movie, so Ematt will probably be on Crait as well. His inclusion would be similar to General Rieekan's inclusion in 75014. In fact, I'd say the whole set (75202) will be similar to 75014, since it's supposed to have a Ski-Speeder and the trenches from Crait.

3 hours ago, Tariq j said:

Major Ematt's headpiece looks like it would be great for Jan Dodonna. 

My thoughts exactly!

1 hour ago, Commodore Thrawn said:

My bet is on Major Ematt being in the Crait set (75202). It seems like the resistance is going to leave D'Qar and move to Crait in the movie, so Ematt will probably be on Crait as well. His inclusion would be similar to General Rieekan's inclusion in 75014. In fact, I'd say the whole set (75202) will be similar to 75014, since it's supposed to have a Ski-Speeder and the trenches from Crait.

My thoughts exactly!

Looks like Ematt got a promotion as well. Check out the rank pattern. Looks to be General Ematt now.

I haven't kept up to date on his thread, but these are apparently the D2C set numbers for 2018. Apologies if already known.

75181 (May)

75222 (October)

4 hours ago, will said:

I haven't kept up to date on his thread, but these are apparently the D2C set numbers for 2018. Apologies if already known.

75181 (May)

75222 (October)

Besides the isd on the falcon box, what are the rumored ucs sets for 2018?

12 hours ago, Artanis I said:

Was Wuher in the Freemaker Adventures?

Now there's a thought. Han looks like he's the DS version and Greedo looks like he has slightly different printing.

If there is a Cantina set I hope it's something that can complement the last one.

13 hours ago, Artanis I said:

Was Wuher in the Freemaker Adventures?

i don't remember him by name in the show. and the recent season was set between ESB and RoTJ ... 

my daughter and i plan of rewatching it this weekend, i will pay closer attention to see if he is indeed on the wheel slinging drinks at the bar ...

1 hour ago, dljbae said:

Besides the isd on the falcon box, what are the rumored ucs sets for 2018?

There's nothing beyond speculation. I don't get why people have suddenly started thinking that they're teasing sets by hiding them on boxes. Everything fits in from a design and in universe perspective. To me it means nothing. 

Now, that TIE Advanced in the background of the MF design video, that screams out to me. I guess we'all just have to wait and see.

I really, really doubt someone would fake a new Greedo HIP print, but who knows.

The Crait set is clearly going to be very big, isn't it around $100?

1 hour ago, doclord said:

I really, really doubt someone would fake a new Greedo HIP print, but who knows.

The Crait set is clearly going to be very big, isn't it around $100?

Nope, 80$.