MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

After a pretty decent summer, the choice of sets disappoint again. But I have realized that I usually prefer the summer wavse and the extra new movie waves than the winter waves.

Well, those lists are interesting. So is the fact that, apparently, they're confirmed.
If the clone trooper battle pack does indeed come with Cody and Rex (as stated on Instagram), I hope it'll be Phase II versions. It does seem as if the battle packs are becoming less army-building lately, with the inclusion of specific characters...
Regarding the AT-AP, not really interested in it, but, as someone said earlier, if it comes with Bly and a few other 324th(?) Star Corps troopers, it will definitely be an improvement. Otherwise, the current/previous rendition of the AT-AP is already very excellent, built-wise.

Regards,
Mitch

Edited by CF Mitch

Extremely happy if this list is true since i missed the last AT AP because of a dark age. Extremely sad on teh other hand that the battlepack include 2 named characters. I really want a battlepack with 4 regular phase 2 trooper or an updated 7655.

So let me get this straight, instead of being included with Cloud City, the rumored Slave 1 is going to be a much smaller set on its own, and its supposed to finally include a Zuckuss minifig?

And we're getting both Rex and Cody in one $15 battle pack? Plus 4 Praetorian guards in another with two having a new head mold?

And the AT-AP and Droid Gunship are to include Plo Koon, Ahsoka Tano, General Grievous, and a ton of droid/ clone variations?

Whats the bad part of this wave again?

Edited by Mountain Drew

Even if the original leak list is true.. I'm not convinced the detailed listings including figures is completely legit.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there no 'Santa' figure in the Advent Calender this year? Or isn't it on the box for some sort of spoiler reason? 

With the Harry Potter stuff looking to be fake I’m not 100% sure if the minifigure selection is real either for the list 

Edited by Falconfan1414

The more I look at that Calendar the more I think I’m just going to BL Merrick.

If these rumour lists turn out to be true I hope that escape set is the resistance pod from the last Jedi the one that was also rumoured for the summer.

1 hour ago, LegoLord54 said:

If these rumour lists turn out to be true I hope that escape set is the resistance pod from the last Jedi the one that was also rumoured for the summer.

Does anyone know the complete description for the leaked sets? The photos I see are cut off on both the top and bottom. 

On 8/16/2018 at 12:51 PM, Friscorays said:

Interesting approach: restart a discussion that you know has been discouaraged and then chastise people when they respond.

You misunderstand, my apologies. My intent was not at all to chastise, I only wanted to be clear that I didn’t want to pursue the topic further than my one prediction

4 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

So let me get this straight, instead of being included with Cloud City, the rumored Slave 1 is going to be a much smaller set on its own, and its supposed to finally include a Zuckuss minifig?

And we're getting both Rex and Cody in one $15 battle pack? Plus 4 Praetorian guards in another with two having a new head mold?

And the AT-AP and Droid Gunship are to include Plo Koon, Ahsoka Tano, General Grievous, and a ton of droid/ clone variations?

My thoughts exactly! The awesome updated minifigs will definitely be worth repeating vehicles we’ve already gotten. My only wish is that the Slave I was from Attack of the Clones as we’ve had Boba’s version so many times. But Zuckuss will make that set worth it as well

1 hour ago, getbusybrickin said:

Does anyone know the complete description for the leaked sets? The photos I see are cut off on both the top and bottom. 

Where can I find the photos of the leaked sets?

3 minutes ago, TroubledProductions said:

Where can I find the photos of the leaked sets?

There aren’t any. The photos are only of the descriptions

God I really hope this leak turns out to be true, the battle pack with Rex and Cody sounds fantastic. Not interested in a new AT-AP, but I may just buy it for Plo Koon and Ahsoka. 

I mean... what? This all still sounds too good to be true, but it's now coming from multiple sources.

Then again, TLG also gave us two Jedi in a battlepack, a Stormtrooper battlepack and a Bounty Hunter battlepack. These all must be selling incredibly well.

I'm also really glad the Star Wars team is not keeping Vader in the expensive sets anymore, a brickin microfighter?! Damn.

Now we just need half a dozen sets with Leia to make up for the past 20 years.

I for one, am looking really forward to this wave.

Edited by Alegrispa

Who’s included in the AT-AP set besides Plo Koon and Ashoka? 

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

There aren’t any. The photos are only of the descriptions

I’m aware. I’m curious if anyone knows what is said in the cut off areas. 

30 minutes ago, getbusybrickin said:

My bad. I misunderstood what you were asking

9 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

The fact that it’s an AT-AP and Droid Gunship. They’re not really that cool/interesting. That being said maybe they’re very well executed builds, and if not then later waves will have better vehicles.

10 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

The fact that it’s an AT-AP and Droid Gunship. They’re not really that cool/interesting. That being said maybe they’re very well executed builds, and if not then later waves will have better vehicles.

It does seem interesting in how lego is doing a remake of a set from only a few years ago

24 minutes ago, JarJarBonks said:

It does seem interesting in how lego is doing a remake of a set from only a few years ago

If the minifigure selection is accurate I'll probably get the sets, but I wish TLG would stop pumping out remakes of older sets every year. It wouldn't be so bad if there were original sets mixed in but it happens rarely. Excluding stuff from the new movies, the only original set from the latest wave was the Hoth Medical Chamber, but that barely counts because the same minifigures and set up was included in the Echo Base set from 2011. 

2 hours ago, getbusybrickin said:

Not too much is cut off. AT-AP got a clone and a battle droid cut off, second picture talks about Juniors, Microfighters will have another ISD along with Jek Porkins and a TIE interceptor. I’m not crazy about microfighters, but if true, a new Porkins may be hard to resist. Regardless of helmet mold.

Interesting selection of minifigures if true. Porkins is a welcome addition and it will be great to finally have Zuckuss. I'm keen to know which versions of the Clone Wars characters we'll be getting. I don't have much of a preference between Ahsoka's Season 1 and 3 costumes, but would like to see Cody in the Phase II armor this time. I would prefer a Phase I Clone Gunner though since they actually appeared in the show, unlike the Phase II version that came in the Republic Tank last year.

Its definitely a smart decision to also base the Juniors sets on the Resistance show. The cartoon is clearly targeted for a younger audience so it makes sense the sets would be too.

14 hours ago, Renegade Clone said:

I'm wondering if we won't see a General Leia minifig until the Episode IX sets hit !

I'll be disappointed if that's the case. Its bad enough with Padme being unrepresented in the prequel sets, especially during the release of the films. I'd hate to see General Leia get the same treatment. She's too important a character to leave out, the new skirt piece should make both her Crait and Raddus costumes easy to pull off and there's enough material for potential sets to include her in.

I'm still staying optimistic about the Resistance Shuttle though. Last I heard SVL claimed it and the V19 were still coming, we don't know what the "Great Vehicle" is based on and there's still two more set numbers unaccounted for.