MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:12 PM, Mountain Drew said:

The only so called "leak" I've seen for 2019 was the list of the January wave of Star Wars sets, but there's been no real confirmation of any of these sets being released, although I think the Clone Wars ones seem more likely than any.

<snip>

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 2:25 AM, SCREDEYE said:

That list looks 100% wishlist material

That list happens to come from 4chan.org, as far as I could tell  - ignore it entirely. None of it is real, or based in part on any real unreleased kits.

I doubt that we'll see leaked descriptions regarding/run into prices on upcoming Star Wars kits for a while, as such information is typically well-guarded by retailers and their associates. In this case, the singular and particular source that yielded information on Overwatch and Ninjago kits has been exhausted, and no Star Wars info has materialized from any piece of it. It's within TLG's power to control the flow of leaked information for a few more months if they see fit, and I suspect that they will. We will be seeing at least twelve sets, based on what I've seen, but I wouldn't know if material for TLJ, Solo, Resistance, or TCW is scheduled; all that I've seen is set numbers, so the conent of said kits is still a mystery to me. Any clone-focused sets are not readily identifiable, and because I don't yet have prices either, I can't say much on that. Later tonight, I could look at the packaging sizes and see if I can sift through any sort of pattern.

No, we haven't seen Wizarding World/Harry Potter information yet, as we're still in August - I have no idea as to why anyone would think that we had. It's best to keep speculating and be as patient as our love for the theme allows; we'll make it through to September or October shortly. I'd be confident that we'll see something by then - for now, I don't see much use in sharing the set numbers that I have, as we can extrapolate those pretty easily. It's unfortunate that the SW is list is easily disproved upon further reflection, but I don't think that we had a concrete list last August - maybe info on one or two sets from SvL.

Edited by Azani

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

An ebay seller now has the Cloud City pilot up for sale so hopefully not too long before some more news.

It's been a month or so since the Cloud Car Pilot was listed, but hopefully some news comes soon, yeah. Was 75192 announced relatively early, or was the September 1st reveal fairly typical for mainline UCS sets that are expected to make a big splash?

3 minutes ago, Azani said:

It's been a month or so since the Cloud Car Pilot was listed, but hopefully some news comes soon, yeah. Was 75192 announced relatively early, or was the September 1st reveal fairly typical for mainline UCS sets that are expected to make a big splash?

If memory serves, Lego were teasing that for a few weeks prior were they not? Weight, size etc.

1 minute ago, BacktoBricks said:

If memory serves, Lego were teasing that for a few weeks prior were they not? Weight, size etc.

No, yeah, I definitely remember that they were running the teases on their respective social media platforms around the weight, size, and such - I'm just wondering if the reveal on Force Friday is typical, or if the Falcon was revealed earlier than usual due to it's expected (and actual) performance. It seems like September would be a fair time to unveil 75222, but we already know the box size and weight, so you'd hope that they'd jump straight to the full press release. :P

8 minutes ago, Azani said:

No, yeah, I definitely remember that they were running the teases on their respective social media platforms around the weight, size, and such - I'm just wondering if the reveal on Force Friday is typical, or if the Falcon was revealed earlier than usual due to it's expected (and actual) performance. It seems like September would be a fair time to unveil 75222, but we already know the box size and weight, so you'd hope that they'd jump straight to the full press release. :P

Ah I see. Well in 2016 the press release for 75159 Death Star was on 31st August, but not many of the UCS have been released late in the year to really see a pattern. The Ewok village was released mid-September but was actually revealed in June, so going by that we should have had a press release for CC by now so there isn't really rhyme or reason. Nevertheless, if CC is one of the mid-September VIP releases then it can only be a matter of a few weeks max. :)

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

Ah I see. Well in 2016 the press release for 75159 Death Star was on 31st August, but not many of the UCS have been released late in the year to really see a pattern. The Ewok village was released mid-September but was actually revealed in June, so going by that we should have had a press release for CC by now so there isn't really rhyme or reason. Nevertheless, if CC is one of the mid-September VIP releases then it can only be a matter of a few weeks max. :)

For the big D2C and UCS sets, the window between announcement and release has been trending shorter. So Ewok Village is probably not a good indicator... 

22 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

An ebay seller now has the Cloud City pilot up for sale so hopefully not too long before some more news.

Yes I've seen him as well. There are also a few sellers on Bricklink as well. I'm wondering how these sellers get the figures before the sets are released?

Apparently there is a new UCS Cloud City set coming up at some point in 2018. The set id is 75222. I've seen a few pictures of new designs for a cloud city driver and an Ugnaught (had to Google how to spell this). I'm not sure whether is it ok to share the images of those figures here. A new cloud city set is long overdue. Hopefully, it won't be to pricey :)

10 minutes ago, Brick2x4 said:

Yes I've seen him as well. There are also a few sellers on Bricklink as well. I'm wondering how these sellers get the figures before the sets are released?

Most likely people employed at the factories that produce the minifigures / pieces, who stole them from work and are now selling them.

2 minutes ago, Bantha Fodder said:

Most likely people employed at the factories that produce the minifigures / pieces, who stole them from work and are now selling them.

Lol! That's a pity for Lego although I can't deny that those leaks get me excited though... Hopefully the cloud city set will drop soon. 

1 hour ago, Brick2x4 said:

Apparently there is a new UCS Cloud City set coming up at some point in 2018. The set id is 75222. I've seen a few pictures of new designs for a cloud city driver and an Ugnaught (had to Google how to spell this). I'm not sure whether is it ok to share the images of those figures here. A new cloud city set is long overdue. Hopefully, it won't be to pricey :)

I hate to break it to you but it’s suposed to be pretty pricey

2 hours ago, Brick2x4 said:

Welcome to Eurobricks! Most info on new sets will appear first on this forum. I hate to break it to you, but your info about CC and it’s leaked figs has been circulating in this thread for over a few months now. Besides that, it’s strictly forbidden to post images of leaked figs/sets on this forum. Keep that in mind :).

My fellow Aussie pals. Go to Big W and pick up the X-Wing. It’s $95AUD now and I don’t know how much longer that’ll last. Also the TIE Fighter is like $63.

57 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

My fellow Aussie pals. Go to Big W and pick up the X-Wing. It’s $95AUD now and I don’t know how much longer that’ll last. Also the TIE Fighter is like $63.

I saw that too and got the x wing and jedi starfighter

Just a question, but is the landingcraft and hoth medical chamber released in australia?

And I'm not sure if I should get the landingcraft because it feels like both a downgrade and an upgrade at the same time, and I want to save up for the CW wave

@JarJarBonks None of the websites have the Hoth med chamber or the Imperial landing craft. They’ll probably come out later.

Also, Clone Wars > OT. Save up for CW sets

Edited by Bartybum

The Hoth Medical Chamber is exclusive to Target in Australia. Its already out on shelves. Haven't spotted the Landing Craft anywhere yet.

You know I just rewatched The Last Jedi on Netflix, and I still think its a good movie. While watching I was thinking, maybe one of the January sets is the Canto Bight Speeder we saw in the Lego Last Jedi recap video. I mean, I don’t think Lego would design a whole new mold for those horse things (what do you call them?) if they aren’t going to put them in a set. Doesn’t it cost Lego a couple thousand dollars to design new creature molds? It would be such a waste of money to just put them in a little YouTube video. Plus, Lego is such a tease when it comes  to this stuff.

2 hours ago, wesker said:

The Hoth Medical Chamber is exclusive to Target in Australia. Its already out on shelves. Haven't spotted the Landing Craft anywhere yet.

I checked their website, it doesn't seem to there though. Maybe they hadn't have time to put it up yet?

10 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

You know I just rewatched The Last Jedi on Netflix, and I still think its a good movie. While watching I was thinking, maybe one of the January sets is the Canto Bight Speeder we saw in the Lego Last Jedi recap video. I mean, I don’t think Lego would design a whole new mold for those horse things (what do you call them?) if they aren’t going to put them in a set. Doesn’t it cost Lego a couple thousand dollars to design new creature molds? It would be such a waste of money to just put them in a little YouTube video. Plus, Lego is such a tease when it comes  to this stuff.

They've also made a Bantha-Mold for a video in 2015 and we didn't get it in a set.

Edited by Praetorian_Guard

4 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

Doesn’t it cost Lego a couple thousand dollars to design new creature molds? 

New molds are way more expensive than that. At a factory tour I think I heard 500 000 DKK for one of the more complex ones ($75 000). The prices varies based on complexity, size and to which spec it is built. Something that is considered a "one-off" mold (say for example a Chima helmet that they don't plan to use once the theme ends) is not made to last as long as the mold for a regular 2x4 brick.

They don't create molds for videos, probably just use 3D models.

11 hours ago, JarJarBonks said:

I saw that too and got the x wing and jedi starfighter

Just a question, but is the landingcraft and hoth medical chamber released in australia?

And I'm not sure if I should get the landingcraft because it feels like both a downgrade and an upgrade at the same time, and I want to save up for the CW wave

The landing craft was meant to be a TRU exclusive. But since as of like a week ago we no longer have those (apparently Lego somehow didn't see that coming!?), according to Bricking Around most of the would-be TRU-exclusives are currently being renegotiated (with the Hogwarts Express being the only one currently finalised, it'll be available everywhere), so I dont expect we'll see them on shelves for a few months. Assuming we get them at all, at this point I wouldn't put is past TLG to just not give them to us at all, they've done that for worse reasons...

Edited by Magmafrost

On 8/8/2018 at 11:23 PM, Alegrispa said:

We just got some leaks for Overwatch, Harry Potter and Ninjago. Look out the next couple of days...

Any Lego movie 2 ones?

2 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

The landing craft was meant to be a TRU exclusive. But since as of like a week ago we no longer have those (apparently Lego somehow didn't see that coming!?)...

Set selection, design, etc. begins 12-18 months before products reach store shelves, so this set was in development well before word began to circulate that LEGO was considering bankruptcy. From that point forward, even if LEGO had been prescient enough to foresee TRU's eventual demise, bankruptcy protection would have prevented LEGO from canceling contracts until TRU either successfully restructured or announced their liquidation.

36 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Set selection, design, etc. begins 12-18 months before products reach store shelves, so this set was in development well before word began to circulate that LEGO was considering bankruptcy. From that point forward, even if LEGO had been prescient enough to foresee TRU's eventual demise, bankruptcy protection would have prevented LEGO from canceling contracts until TRU either successfully restructured or announced their liquidation.

Of all the sets in this wave, this is the only set I could see being rushed into design and production.