MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

3 hours ago, Renegade Clone said:

Oh my god....

I just realized the Jawa Sandcrawler is £110 ?!??!

It has the second best price to part ratio of the entire wave, which really isn't saying much.  Aside from the cloud swooper bikes this whole wave is very over priced

1 hour ago, Jar Jar Bricks said:

That’s nothing on the Australian prices. On S@H Aus the sandcrawler is $199.99AUD. Talk about getting ripped off

They’re up already?? Sweet

1 hour ago, Jar Jar Bricks said:

That’s nothing on the Australian prices. On S@H Aus the sandcrawler is $199.99AUD. Talk about getting ripped off

That's the equivalent of £113 so not much of a difference there

Just checked Aus prices, and @Jar Jar Bricks the Jawa Sandcrawler is the second lowest priced set, at $0.16/p. The others are:

Imperial Hauler: $0.18/p

X-Wing: $0.19/p. 

Conveyex: $0.20/p

Throneroom: $0.20/p

Swoop Bikes: $0.13/p

Anakin’s Starfighter: $0.18/p

Some of these set prices genuinely make me go what the absolute shit Lego/Didney. Most of these sets would need to be at least a 25% discount before I’d even consider buying. There’s no way in hell I can fork out $140 for an X-Wing when I got a Y-Wing for $100 and a TIE Silencer for $110.

Perhaps plastic is getting more expensive or something.

The funny thing is I normally find them in story’s on the day of release for far less that what LEGO S@H have them listed for. 

Which to me is is just confusing as you would normally think that it would be cheap from the source. But yes I think I will be waiting to find some discounts before I go getting all of these

The new Sandcrawler is a pretty good set for $140. Im not saying that's inexpensive, just that I think if you're going to get any sets from this wave, it should be either that, the Cloud Swoop Bikes, or Anakins Starfighter. I guess if you really want these sets but don't have the money (like me and seemingly most people), you can wait till close to Christmas to buy them, cause thats when a bunch of stuff goes on sale on Amazon and Walmart.

5 hours ago, SgtKilr said:

That's the equivalent of £113 so not much of a difference there

If u wanna know expensive, it’s the Danish price, 143 pounds for the crawler

20 hours ago, Renegade Clone said:

Oh my god....

I just realized the Jawa Sandcrawler is £110 ?!??!

The Red 5 X Wing is £89.99 for 730 parts, and I'm sorry but much as I love my Lego sets on release - I'm waiting this out for better prices, I collect Star Wars, Creator Expert and Technic and the sets are becoming very expensive, so time to wait it out for better deals. Poes X wing was I think £69.99 on release. Might be wrong. 

The pricing discussion is always tempting, as it's our human nature to whinge about pricing, but it's always the same. LEGO is dang expensive, it's much worse in some markets than others, it's still quite pricey any way you look at it, and yet we all survive, like LEGO, buy some, and move on.

It's time to do that in this topic now too - move on from pricing comparisons.

The sandcrawler is way to expensive to only come with 6 figures, I appreciate the exclusives but it should have came with at least 1 more jawa, aunt beru, and some build able droids. I bet 2 jawas can't even drive the thing!

1 hour ago, Range Trooper said:

The sandcrawler is way to expensive to only come with 6 figures, I appreciate the exclusives but it should have came with at least 1 more jawa, aunt beru, and some build able droids. I bet 2 jawas can't even drive the thing!

Did you read the post above yours from the Moderator about not talking pricing anymore? Please stay on target!

When did we have confirmation of the Millennium Falcon last year? I'm just curious if they are doing something similar with Cloud City. I had seen the released photos of the new Hogwarts castle today so I'm hoping Cloud Cities release photos are just around the corner.

Edited by CodeNameGoldMember

23 minutes ago, CodeNameGoldMember said:

When did we have confirmation of the Millennium Falcon last year? I'm just curious if they are doing something similar with Cloud City. I had seen the released photos of the new Hogwarts castle today so I'm hoping Cloud Cities release photos are just around the corner.

Hogwarts is VIP release August 15th. Last year, the Falcon’s VIP release was mid-September (what a clusterf@ck) and images appeared in late August, right before the official announcement. So basically two to theee weeks before the VIP release and a month or so before the full release.

I heard CC is in for an October release. Not certain, but that's what I heard.

Oh and there's no panels, so to the person wishing for them, sorry!

lego did a really bad job by not doing side prints for r5-a2's dome. all the previous r5 droids had side prints.

For those in the UK, Amazon have got some of the summer wave available. Anakin's Starfighter, Cloud Bikes and Snoke's Throne Room are all now available sold directly from Amazon themselves. They also have the Hoth Medical Bay set (listed as Lego Star Wars 75203 - Title Is Missing), but not available for next day delivery. What surprises me about this set is that they have it for £37.59. This is the first look at a UK price for this set that I have seen and this seems a bit random so I'm not sure if it reflects the RRP exactly.  

5 hours ago, Artizan said:

lego did a really bad job by not doing side prints for r5-a2's dome. all the previous r5 droids had side prints.

Agreed. R5-A2 looks like a very long face man with a unibrow. It is very strange that it is incomplete.

5 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

For those in the UK, Amazon have got some of the summer wave available. Anakin's Starfighter, Cloud Bikes and Snoke's Throne Room are all now available sold directly from Amazon themselves. They also have the Hoth Medical Bay set (listed as Lego Star Wars 75203 - Title Is Missing), but not available for next day delivery. What surprises me about this set is that they have it for £37.59. This is the first look at a UK price for this set that I have seen and this seems a bit random so I'm not sure if it reflects the RRP exactly.  

All the sets are on there now, but the conveyex and both set are not direct from Amazon, so some variation in price. The conveyex is actually a tenner cheaper than the list price (but with £4 postage).

56 minutes ago, Richpepperell said:

All the sets are on there now, but the conveyex and both set are not direct from Amazon, so some variation in price. The conveyex is actually a tenner cheaper than the list price (but with £4 postage).

All the sets besides the throne room and the 25 pound sets were uploaded with 10% discounts but were promptly edited with the regular retail price sadly :/

are the Imperial Landing Craft and Hoth Medical Chamber in the LEGO shop US exclusive?

2 hours ago, DEAD1974 said:

are the Imperial Landing Craft and Hoth Medical Chamber in the LEGO shop US exclusive?

Both are sold in Norway (i got them both last week, from a normal toy shop).

I have seen the Imperial Landing Craft review. It's better in some ways, the ship seems to be more accurate in general but those laterals are just not good. The interior is also far worse than the previous version and the minifigs selection... yes those R2 and Ben should be stormtroopers. I don't own the previous set and it's great to have more Tatooine sets, so I'll pick up one and modify it using ideas from the old one. That's something great about Lego, you may always modify the set to your own taste :tongue:

Don't know if there is another review online of the actual set for the Hoth Medical Chamber, though.