MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, darththeling said:

Some of us have been waiting for Cloud City since we stupidly passed it up for $100 in 2003. (sobs) Many of us have been coming to this forum for many years now, hoping for something big in the way of a tibanna gas platform complete with luxury accommodation and amenities.

Aside from Lando, Luke and Leia's torsos, and perhaps the Boba Fett with extra printing, the 2003 Cloud City wasn't a great set IMO. It was Legos first big location set and I don't think they really did themselves justice.

In terms of OT locations, I'd say Cloud City was on a par with Hoth and Endor, so maybe an Ewok Village/Assault on Hoth sized set more than a UCS Death Star is what we can expect. Or maybe that's wishful thinking as I have Hogwarts on my list already :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Seaber said:

Aside from Lando, Luke and Leia's torsos, and perhaps the Boba Fett with extra printing, the 2003 Cloud City wasn't a great set IMO.

Speaking of Boba Fetts with extra printing, do we know yet where that leaked Boba minifigure is from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's definitely Cloud City, and it's definitely a playset along the lines of the Death Star. It's not like Assault on Hoth.

In fact, chop the bottom off the Death Star, then add a few platforms and a ship or two (hello, 28-30 stud long Slave 1), and you're pretty much there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Paperballpark said:

It's definitely Cloud City, and it's definitely a playset along the lines of the Death Star. It's not like Assault on Hoth.

In fact, chop the bottom off the Death Star, then add a few platforms and a ship or two (hello, 28-30 stud long Slave 1), and you're pretty much there.

Do you have a source or is that just guesswork? Just curious because it’s the first description I’ve read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Speaking of Boba Fetts with extra printing, do we know yet where that leaked Boba minifigure is from?

No official confimation, but it's heavily assumed it's from Cloud City. TBH, I didn't think it was more impressive than the one from UCS Slave I.

 

30 minutes ago, ginja said:

Do you have a source or is that just guesswork? Just curious because it’s the first description I’ve read.

I would assume it's guesswork. The way he said "hello 28-30 stud long slave I" makes it sound like a wish for what he'd want in the set. As far as I've seen, there hasn't been any descriptions floating around whatsoever. We should expect to see leaks of it in July.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like the UCS Cloud City is legit, and is supposed to include both Slave I and a Twin-Pod Cloud Car. (From a pretty reliable source on another forum, who shall remain safely... anonymous.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, not guesswork, I've seen a photo. I can't say how or where, but everything I said is from what I saw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paperballpark said:

No, not guesswork, I've seen a photo. I can't say how or where, but everything I said is from what I saw.

Interesting to see. I'll have to do some digging . . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Paperballpark said:

It's definitely Cloud City, and it's definitely a playset along the lines of the Death Star. It's not like Assault on Hoth.

In fact, chop the bottom off the Death Star, then add a few platforms and a ship or two (hello, 28-30 stud long Slave 1), and you're pretty much there.

Thanks for the info :thumbup:, If I could ask, is it an open play set like the DS? Or does it have some kind of cover/roof.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Cloud City is essentially confirmed, what are the odds of a supplementary set at some point (perhaps towards the end of 2018) to accompany it? Does an individual Cloud Car with some relevant figures sound realistic to enhance the set, or a battle pack with some Bespin personnel? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 hours ago, Paperballpark said:

It's definitely Cloud City, and it's definitely a playset along the lines of the Death Star. It's not like Assault on Hoth.

In fact, chop the bottom off the Death Star, then add a few platforms and a ship or two (hello, 28-30 stud long Slave 1), and you're pretty much there.

@OrangeChiliPeP said that there is somebody on brickset who had said the following:

On 25.4.2018 at 1:59 PM, OrangeChiliPeP said:

via brickpicker.com

 

Saw this over on Brickset. Take it for what it is.

" mm, I'd say a cross between #10188 and #10123. In fact, lop the bottom half off #10188, add a couple of platforms and a ship or two (can't remember!), and you'll be pretty much there.

I really can't remember much detail other than that, I'm afraid. If I were to guess at part count, I'd say between 2000-3000, but that's a total guess based on what I remember it looking like. "

" ^ That's fine. Oh, also, there's a Slave 1 in it too, probably about 28 - 30 studs long, from what I saw. Nice-looking model, although obviously smaller than #8097. I think it uses this part for the front: "

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GryffindorResistance said:

Great news! So how big would that make the Slave 1? Similar to the 2010 version? Or much smaller? @Paperballpark

Tell me a set number and I'll check! I'm not too familiar with Star Wars sets I'm afraid! EDIT: If it's #8097 then the one in CC is smaller.

1 hour ago, Tariq j said:

Thanks for the info :thumbup:, If I could ask, is it an open play set like the DS? Or does it have some kind of cover/roof.

Open like the DS. 

1 hour ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

 

@OrangeChiliPeP said that there is somebody on brickset who had said the following:

Saw this over on Brickset. Take it for what it is.

" mm, I'd say a cross between #10188 and #10123. In fact, lop the bottom half off #10188, add a couple of platforms and a ship or two (can't remember!), and you'll be pretty much there.

I really can't remember much detail other than that, I'm afraid. If I were to guess at part count, I'd say between 2000-3000, but that's a total guess based on what I remember it looking like. "

" ^ That's fine. Oh, also, there's a Slave 1 in it too, probably about 28 - 30 studs long, from what I saw. Nice-looking model, although obviously smaller than #8097. I think it uses this part for the front: "

Yeah, that was me a day or two ago. :)

Edited by Paperballpark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I said on Brickset, it's probably about 28 - 30 studs long, from what I saw. It's instantly recognisable, and looked to be a decent representation.

Edited by Paperballpark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, I've been stalking this forum for awhile now without an account, but when I saw something that hadn't been talked about, I knew I just had to share it. On instagram, by a user "@lego_world_club_2.0", a leaked image of Bespin Lando was leaked. . . any confirmation on weather or not this is real? At first, I thought it that limited edition phoenix customs variant, but it's not. . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, JawaExterminator said:

Hey, I've been stalking this forum for awhile now without an account, but when I saw something that hadn't been talked about, I knew I just had to share it. On instagram, by a user "@lego_world_club_2.0", a leaked image of Bespin Lando was leaked. . . any confirmation on weather or not this is real? At first, I thought it that limited edition phoenix customs variant, but it's not. . .

that pic surfaced a while back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Paperballpark said:

Open like the DS.

Ugh. Why can’t Lego figure out that people want sets that LOOK like the Death Star or CC from the outside... but still have playability and functions on the inside. When they finally do it (system scale MFs, sandcrawler, Ewok village, etc.) they become instant classics and sell like hot cakes... hopefully it looks okay and not like the backside of a doll house. Was it at least instantly recognizable as Bespin???

Edited by thorin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you very much for the info, @Paperballpark! :classic:

It's great to hear that CC is finally getting a set in a decent size and hopefully even with enough rooms inside and a decent interior! :thumbup:

That there'll be a Slave 1 included (which seems after the description to be not a micro build, but although only a smaller, nevertheless a System scale version), is a good idea. But if there was a Twin Pod Cloud Car included, (too,) this would even be bettter.

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thorin said:

Ugh. Why can’t Lego figure out that people want sets that LOOK like the Death Star or CC from the outside... but still have playability and functions on the inside. When they finally do it (system scale MFs, sandcrawler, Ewok village, etc.) they become instant classics and sell like hot cakes... hopefully it looks okay and not like the backside of a doll house. Was it at least instantly recognizable as Bespin???

Because it’d jack up the cost of the DS even more than the rip off it is now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Paperballpark if you have seen any of the HP or FB sets that are coming out this year as well?! If so we sure would like some info over in the Harry Potter 2018 tread :tongue:

Happy for the SW fans that they finally seem to be getting a new CC :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems like there won't be a generous discount of sets on sale for this May the fourth. Now they have announced the coming weekend on shop.lego that it will only be 20 % discount on certain sets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like the real colleters are left out. No news yet about special promotions regarding the Black-VIP card? 

You'll get 2x VIP-points for every set EXCEPT the new UCS Y-Wing Starfighter:thumbdown:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Joel1234 said:

Seems like the real colleters are left out. No news yet about special promotions regarding the Black-VIP card? 

You'll get 2x VIP-points for every set EXCEPT the new UCS Y-Wing Starfighter:thumbdown:

They never have a discount on the newly released UCS set in the May promo. It's a brand new set so they don't need to offer a discount for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.