MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

On 8/30/2017 at 3:57 PM, Sneakguest said:

There are some better pictures of the Yoda hut set on the russain site

I will have to put that site on my list of daily scouring, I Googled "lego leaks russia" just now and got a bunch of Donald Trump results! 

Is it on Facebook? A hint couldn't hurt. :) 

Edited by darththeling
brevity

17 hours ago, sithewok said:

I imagine that you are right, honestly.  Just to play devil's advocate, though, there are multiple clones wearing the same armor as Bacara on Mygeeto in that battle.  There are several in the scene where Ki Adi is gunned down, just further in the background than the standard galactic marines.  

I hope its plain phase 2 troopers, maybe the torso is a placeholder from the hovertank set.

18 hours ago, sithewok said:

I imagine that you are right, honestly.  Just to play devil's advocate, though, there are multiple clones wearing the same armor as Bacara on Mygeeto in that battle.  There are several in the scene where Ki Adi is gunned down, just further in the background than the standard galactic marines.  

4 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Hmm. I've never noticed that, but I can see who you're talking about. This is the highest resolution shot I can find. They're definitely not wearing Galactic Marine armor, but I don't think it's quite the same as Bacara's, either--it might be the same helmet, but as best as I can tell they don't have the kama and pauldron. I don't know who these guys are; I've never seen any mention of Galactic Marines or anybody else wearing that kit. Even the 501st Legion doesn't have a reference. :P Definitely a good spot, but I still think the clone gunners are more likely, especially since we've seen the Phase 1 version of them in a battle pack before.

59a6f8120d6b6_Bacaraarmor.png.ba8f2e575581e133d59e91295fabe549.png

Nope, sithewok is right and I'm wrong. Those clones are much clearer on the Blu-Ray version of RotS, and they're dressed (as far as I can tell) identically to Bacara. I learn something new every day.

That said, I still don't think they're the ones in the battle pack. :laugh:

5 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Nope, sithewok is right and I'm wrong. Those clones are much clearer on the Blu-Ray version of RotS, and they're dressed (as far as I can tell) identically to Bacara. I learn something new every day.

It was pointed out to me a couple of years ago - I had never noticed them either.  

8 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

I read once that with the introdution of phase II armor and the often unique and standout armor of the officers/commanders, other clones would sometimes wear almost identical armor so the enemy would not be able to recognize a commanding officer immediately and paint a big bulls eye on them. :wink:

Edited by Cyberfounder

11 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

There are some better pictures of the Yoda hut set on the russain site

if you could p.m me the address too it would be appreciated thank you  

Rather than him sending everyone a link, he could just upload it to you know where or I could also just do it if he PMs me

The picture on the Russian site isn't of the new set. It's the "Yoda at home" spread from the DK book alongside the prelim of the new set.

24 minutes ago, Jn0004 said:

The picture on the Russian site isn't of the new set. It's the "Yoda at home" spread from the DK book alongside the prelim of the new set.

I was wondering where this new pic was, I did see that particular set of pictures but not this Russian site

There's that speculation of a new Falcon (not the UCS one of course) coming next year. Do you think Lego may attempt to plug the gaps with this one? I already have the TFA one but if they're able to plug the gaps it would be a purchase I'd consider :) (Sorry if this isn't the place to discuss it, just curious).

There are porgs in the new falcon set. They use a new printed BB-8 head. Hopefully this isn't are last time seeing the porgs and they show up in a last Jedi Set for this year.

Edited by Falconfan1414

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

There are porgs in the new falcon set. They use a new printed BB-8 head. Hopefully this isn't are last time seeing the porgs and they show up in a last Jedi Set for this year.

I'm sure we'll see them again, especially if there's an Ahch-To set. Also, I'm guessing that Old Luke and Rey in her new outfit weren't included in the Falcon because they'll be in an Ahch-To set soon enough.

8 hours ago, Jn0004 said:

Oh, what is that, YODA at home? But was that something we have seen before? Anyway this site is good since they often fastest with new stuff and they never ever take anything down, so it's good to have even as a place to access pictures since you now you don't have to save them. 

I may be over thinking this but in the promotional giveaway poster for Friday 1st, it has the caption Ultimate Collector Series. Is this merely announcing the Millennium Falcon? The image also shows a tie fighter (already a UCS) and a star destroyer. 

Is this a possible hint at next year or do I need to remove my tinfoil hat?

Haha, yeah don't you dare take that hat off! I've always preferred the ISD over the Falcon. It's been 15 years since the launch of 10030 (they've given us a new Falcon after only 10 years) so the timeline says we're well and truly due for a new one :)

11 hours ago, KevinYoung said:

Nah keep the hat on I think it's working!!! :)

2 hours ago, bataleon said:

Haha, yeah don't you dare take that hat off! I've always preferred the ISD over the Falcon. It's been 15 years since the launch of 10030 (they've given us a new Falcon after only 10 years) so the timeline says we're well and truly due for a new one :)

I see we are singing from the same hymn sheet, I would have preferred a UCS Star Destroyer instead of the Millennium Falcon anyway. It might just be the inner Imperial within me :devil:

On 31.8.2017 at 0:19 AM, Kdapt-Preacher said:

The Galactic Marines with Snow-Trooper Helmets woud be much more representive i guess. And if I am not wrong the set is titled Geonosis Battlepack. But I don't get why it contains phase II clones. I hope they won't be the ones of the last Geonosis Battlepack.

On 02/09/2017 at 8:31 PM, Spud The Viking said:

I see we are singing from the same hymn sheet, I would have preferred a UCS Star Destroyer instead of the Millennium Falcon anyway. It might just be the inner Imperial within me :devil:

Indeed we are, haha. The ISD is my favourite ship in the galaxy, I love the angular design and how imposing it is. It's just straight up badass. Followed very closely by the Imperial Shuttle. Actually, it's kinda difficult to pick a favourite out of those two...

Edited by bataleon
grammar

So I saw a YouTube video with the leaked photos of the coming battlepacks, and I noticed something funny... No stud shooters? I don't know if this has been discussed already, but is next year the year we finally start getting stud shooter-less battlepacks again?! I hope so!

3 hours ago, xboxtravis7992 said:

So I saw a YouTube video with the leaked photos of the coming battlepacks, and I noticed something funny... No stud shooters? I don't know if this has been discussed already, but is next year the year we finally start getting stud shooter-less battlepacks again?! I hope so!

Good call, really do hope you are right about that. Though they could just be fill in figures/weapons, till the set is official. Hopefully not though.