MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I don't know how reliable it is, but on the front page with all the sets listed, we have got deacriptions of three summer Solo sets:

First set is the front part and one wagon (probably from the train). No rails, just rain cars with 4-5 minifigs.

Second is white ship seen in trailer with 4-5 minifigs.

Third set are two Dark Tan Speeders with 3 minifigs.

We know prices of all three sets: 75215 - 30€, 75217 - 90€ and 75219 - 100€. Azani or Sir Von Lego confirmed that the biggest set is Imperial Hauler (white ship from the trailer). So:

75215 {Nemesis Gang Chariot}
Price-30€
Builds:
•Two dark tan speeders
Minifigures:
-Enfys Nest
-Unknown
-Unknown

75217 {Chimera}
Price-90€
Builds:
•Front part and one wagon from the train, without rails
Minifigures:
-Unknown
-Unknown
-Unknown
-Unknown
(-Unknown)

75219 {Gorgon}
Price-100€
Builds:
•Imperial hauler
Minifigures:
-Unknown
-Unknown
-Unknown
-Unknown
(-Unknown)

 

 

Man I'm sure the Chimera is just a codename for the set, but I REALLY hope you're wrong about that description!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Legliss said:

Man I'm sure the Chimera is just a codename for the set, but I REALLY hope you're wrong about that description!

He isn’t wrong. That was original posted by a mod. They are not wrong. This is offical stuff 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

He isn’t wrong. That was original posted by a mod. They are not wrong. This is offical stuff 

I've been a lurker for years, I know. Just being unrealistically optimistic 😜

Edited by Legliss
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, darththeling said:

Not sure if connected to rumors of cancellation, but this is what my Google result showed today for "Lego drop"

 

image.jpeg.71713895d7c41bfe36012ad8af0567e1.jpeg
The Guardian
1 day ago
 
Personally I don''t see this as a sky-is-falling moment yet as AFOL's but you have to wonder - didn't Lego account for any sales drop-off as they have been cranking prices upward? Isn't that part of Marketing 101? If sales of kits have't kept apace there must be an underlying reason. It certainly isn't the quality of the sets or the bricks themselves - I've been collecting for decades and it's better than ever. I guess we should start expecting to see smaller numbers of kits in waves for Star Wars Lego as time goes on.... and that's not really a bad thing. Our wallets will breathe a little easier.

Could be, but then again, SW was among the best sellers and the only licensed theme in top five, so as long its like that, I see no reason to chop down number of sets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, darththeling said:

Not sure if connected to rumors of cancellation, but this is what my Google result showed today for "Lego drop"

 

image.jpeg.71713895d7c41bfe36012ad8af0567e1.jpeg
The Guardian
1 day ago
 
Personally I don''t see this as a sky-is-falling moment yet as AFOL's but you have to wonder - didn't Lego account for any sales drop-off as they have been cranking prices upward? Isn't that part of Marketing 101? If sales of kits have't kept apace there must be an underlying reason. It certainly isn't the quality of the sets or the bricks themselves - I've been collecting for decades and it's better than ever. I guess we should start expecting to see smaller numbers of kits in waves for Star Wars Lego as time goes on.... and that's not really a bad thing. Our wallets will breathe a little easier.

The lack of UCS MF sets to sell at peak hype wouldn’t have helped ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over on the news thread it says that the price of 75209 Han's Speeder will be the same as Yoda's Hut. Is this guess work or confirmed? I only ask because whilst it looks like a £25.99 set it has 345 pieces. It would be good if it is, because those size sets were ridiculously overpriced last wave (they use to be £20 for that size) so that is better value. I'm not fussed about the builds for this wave as they are just not my thing so it will be hard to justify picking them up for the figs if they are more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Over on the news thread it says that the price of 75209 Han's Speeder will be the same as Yoda's Hut. Is this guess work or confirmed? I only ask because whilst it looks like a £25.99 set it has 345 pieces. It would be good if it is, because those size sets were ridiculously overpriced last wave (they use to be £20 for that size) so that is better value. I'm not fussed about the builds for this wave as they are just not my thing so it will be hard to justify picking them up for the figs if they are more.

I can get that, y'know, but yes - it is confirmed. I'm not sure if you were looking at the OP or at my list, but everything that clears my list is what we know 100%.

Edited by Azani

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Over on the news thread it says that the price of 75209 Han's Speeder will be the same as Yoda's Hut. Is this guess work or confirmed? I only ask because whilst it looks like a £25.99 set it has 345 pieces. It would be good if it is, because those size sets were ridiculously overpriced last wave (they use to be £20 for that size) so that is better value. I'm not fussed about the builds for this wave as they are just not my thing so it will be hard to justify picking them up for the figs if they are more.

Hothbricks confirmed the price. Han's Speeder is just an amazing value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Azani said:

I can get that, y'know, but yes - it is confirmed. I'm not sure if you were looking at the OP or at my list, but everything that clears my list is what we know 100%.

I was looking at your list as it was the latest info. Good to know.

Just noticed as well that you've got the USD for Yoda's Hut as 14.99 instead of 29.99 so don't know if you can change that. That would be good value!

 

52 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Hothbricks confirmed the price. Han's Speeder is just an amazing value.

Thanks :) For once!

Edited by BacktoBricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to work at an arts aftercare program for low-income families for several years, and I noticed of course Lego is one the most popular toys amongst the several hundred kids i've seen there.

The problem is most of the kids looked at Lego as this incredible thing completely out of reach. Certainly kids have that mentality about most things anyways since they have to wait for their parents to buy them toys. However I had the distinct feeling this was something more.

Then I talked to a parent about it and they told me they would buy the smaller sets occasionally but never the big ones. To them their kid want Lego, they want hot wheels, they want a playstation, they want an action figure so how can I justify paying $150 for one Lego set when that's several dozen hot wheels cars, or several action figures, or half the price of a PS4.

Correlation not causation, especially since my example is anecdotal, but I think high pricing is going to have a lot to do with the drop off in Lego sales.

I know there are many examples of fairly priced sets but that doesnt make the big sets cheaper.

I don't know if there's a solution that doesn't diminish quality.

Less sets per wave?

Edited by Forresto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Forresto said:

The problem is most of the kids looked at Lego as this incredible thing completely out of reach.

Then I talked to a parent about it and they told me they would buy the smaller sets occasionally but never the big ones. To them their kid want Lego, they want hot wheels, they want a playstation, they want an action figure so how can I justify paying $150 for one Lego set

That is very true. I loved the Star Wars sets as a kid (Cloud City looked amazing to my kid self), but I put the microfighters equivalent on my Christmas list because that way I could play out more scenes. And my parents supported Lego more that any other toy, but were still not willing to pay for big sets, especially when their parts were not as conducive to rebuilding as say a large brick box. 

I recently visited a Toys R Us for the first time in years and, even as an adult, the height and width of the Lego 'wall' was ginormous. You know there are lots of themes and sets available, but seeing that wall really made me think that Lego have gone in the wrong direction.

We all want as many SW sets as possible I think, but in general I think Lego have expanded to too many themes and too many sets. Quality over quantity I would say and some set choices lately (*cough* AT-ST) have not followed that mindset. I have limited myself to figure collecting to cut back on spending, but I recently thought of quitting altogether because the amount of sets and the rising prices means that it is a constant and increasingly expensive outlay. I appreciate the quality of some of the new figures and love seeing them in my minifigure frames, but on the other hand there are so many that I feel like you don't get to appreciate each figure like you used to because you soon move on to the next thing. Perhaps this is just a trend of modern life, but I think it relates a lot to Lego's problems.

Edited by BacktoBricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

I was looking at your list as it was the latest info. Good to know.

Just noticed as well that you've got the USD for Yoda's Hut as 14.99 instead of 29.99 so don't know if you can change that. That would be good value!

Oops, do I? My mistake; thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope the smallest Solo set with Enfys Nest includes Han. It would be such a great set with main protagonist and main antagonist, for just 30€.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

I recently visited a Toys R Us for the first time in years and, even as an adult, the height and width of the Lego 'wall' was ginormous. You know there are lots of themes and sets available, but seeing that wall really made me think that Lego have gone in the wrong direction.

We all want as many SW sets as possible I think, but in general I think Lego have expanded to too many themes and too many sets.

I have the same feeling as well. Not only there are too many themes, but also the planned obsolescence is too short. The amount of time of some sets on the shelves is about one year in practical terms for the average buyer. Many RO sets weren't available last Christmas in hypermarkets for instance, they were about one year old or even less. Prices are also getting higher, which means a lot of money to afford them. What children were able to get the FO star destroyer and the resistance bomber? That was  about the price of a PS4 with one or two games during Christmas time.

Of course, this pace of new sets is good for a thread like this one, but the obsolescence pressure is too big... and false. When I was a child SW movies were shot about every three years, that gave us time to enjoy all of them, buying some toys and so on. Now everything is too fast. In one and a half year we will have three SW movies! Almost no new RO toys any more, it's just over a year but from the merchandising point of view is just plain old... :cry_sad:

Edited by dvogon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't forget that many kids today are only-childs and even only-grandchilds. Their parents and grandparents have quite some money to spend for them on chrismas and birthday. But I too thinkt that shelf live is to short nowdays. I remember smaller shops that had sets for years, but know you don't even get the sets from last year sometimes.

Edited by mon-o-mat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mon-o-mat said:

Don't forget that many kids today are only-childs and even only-grandchilds. Their parents and grandparents have quite some money to spend for them on chrismas and birthday. But I too thinkt that shelf live is to short nowdays. I remember smaller shops that had sets for years, but know you don't even get the sets from last year sometimes.

Where? In Japan? In Sweden i hardly no any family with just one kid and if the case is just that the first one is still young (as in my case) and another one will come in the mest future

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The point is that old Lego sets were timeless, even the Star Wars sets (OT). Easier to combine.

Today, half the Lego sets are part of a franchise and follows the movie calendar. I just wonder, do all kids go to the movies these days?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/03/2018 at 11:53 AM, AussieSamurai said:

The lack of UCS MF sets to sell at peak hype wouldn’t have helped ....

Yeah, indeed. The dumbest decision Lego has made not releassing enough of these sets. Considering how many months have passed the set is still not restocked either. :hmpf_bad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Were in danger of getting into broader subject territory here, folks. Let's keep it based on 2018 sets shall we?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen a video from Solid Brix Studios with a better look at Yoda’s Hut. Definitely one of the better “land” based sets we’ve had and an easy pick up :thumbup: I really like the clear handle piece for Luke. 

Edited by Tariq j

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2018 at 9:20 PM, legolandia said:

Yeah, indeed. The dumbest decision Lego has made not releassing enough of these sets. Considering how many months have passed the set is still not restocked either. :hmpf_bad:

Do you guys think it will be retiring even with high demand like now? I mean, I'm afraid I won't have a chance to buy this piece of beauty =[... Any guess when the UCS flacon will retire?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ltzik said:

Do you guys think it will be retiring even with high demand like now? I mean, I'm afraid I won't have a chance to buy this piece of beauty =[... Any guess when the UCS flacon will retire?

Most sets, including UCS, usually have a lifespan of around 2 years. With how special this set is I would think it would be around a little longer, but two years from release at least. You have plenty of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw a seller on ebay who had some summer 2018 sets listed, no pictures unfortunately.

75220, 129,99€, 1.239 pieces

75217, 69,99€, 622 pieces

75214, 29,99€, 247 pieces

75219, 99,99€, 829 pieces

75216, 69,99€, 492 pieces

75218, 99,99€, 731 pieces

75203, 39,99€, 255 pieces

75215, 29,99€, 355 pieces

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.