MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

16 minutes ago, AnnaBuildsLego said:

Hands-on video of Yoda's Hut!

A must-buy for me. It has great play features. It´s also great to see how they made the pot hanging on the fire, because it fits into the scenery.

56 minutes ago, AnnaBuildsLego said:

Hands-on video of Yoda's Hut!

as I said, that set is so nice, I hope that it will not be LEGO store exclusive like the Cantina

After seeing new pics of MF, I really like the set! Didn’t expect removable front pod, and such unique interior. I guess since it’s Lando’s Falcon at the time it explains why interior looks like a fancy bar. And overall it’s just a great version of iconic ship. Just wish it was 150$ Like TFA one instead of 170$.

3 hours ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

A must-buy for me. It has great play features. It´s also great to see how they made the pot hanging on the fire, because it fits into the scenery.

To me this is one of the most balanced SW sets of TLG to date. Many non-intrusive play features, nice design to catch the atmosphere, lots of details, good new characters versions, good as a display model and with a reasonable price. A step further from Ach-To set, which is also a great set.

56 minutes ago, LOBOT-OMY said:

Is yoda a new design for the forthcoming hut set?

Yes, torso print as shown in the video link of this page is different from Yoda's starfighter (75168) and Duel on Geonosis (75017), which I believe had the same minifig, in the middle in the following image. This one is an updated version closer to the original 4502 set, with the X-Wing and the hut, at the right side. Now we will get an updated X-Wing in a separate set, which is nice... 

Yodas.jpg

No comments on the left side CW poor minifig.

Edited by dvogon
Added comments on Yoda.

I love new Millennium Falcon! It looks so great. I love removable front. Interior looks really amazing and unique :wub:

Also guys, Praetorian Guard minifigure maybe leaked... I don't know if it is just a custom, but maybe not.

On 16/2/2018 at 3:53 PM, dvogon said:

Unless there is a scene with that pot in the cockpit worth to be remembered, I'd rather put the coffee machine in any other part of the ship, maybe in the main room with the playing table.

Ok, they did it anyway. So fine with me :tongue:.

MF interior has a better look overall, like with the FO star destroyer. I have to update mine... Some new interesting pieces as well in the top of the ship that can be seen better from this angle. Although it's a bit weird to have only one light speed engine, the second one would be below the bed *huh*. And I prefer last version of the seats in the TFA MF, they are more accurate.

LEGO_Star_Wars_Solo_75212_Kessel_Run_Mil

I compared the mandibles of the KRMF with my 75105 MF and noticed some differences. The 75105's mandibles are 1 stud wider and 3 studs longer and the rail system differs. Looking at those whopping €169,95 i was sceptical if i should buy the KRMF, but the interior looks dang cool and i'm already thinking about modifications for my 75105 to be able to use the freight module on it. And i can't wait for other freight module MOCs, especially those huge containers shown in some concept art.

In my eyes the KRMF just went from zero to hero.

Link to freight module google search.

On 16/02/2018 at 10:01 PM, Sneakguest said:

Vander and Biggs, why not a Garven Dries, the only one of the main pilots of the OT they have not delivered yet

Agreed, personally I think Garven Dries and his red astromech would be more fitting of a UCS set...

11 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I love new Millennium Falcon! It looks so great. I love removable front. Interior looks really amazing and unique :wub:

Also guys, Praetorian Guard minifigure maybe leaked... I don't know if it is just a custom, but maybe not.

Where?

5 hours ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

Where?

the praetorian. it’s a custom/fake ... the dude who made the awesome render on flickr has had actual customs 3d printed and is selling them as of yesterday via bricklink ... 2 of the helmet designs actually. 

Edited by Tidy

22 minutes ago, Tidy said:

it’s a custom/fake ...

Ah...he ment this one.

16 hours ago, dvogon said:

Ok, they did it anyway. So fine with me :tongue:.

MF interior has a better look overall, like with the FO star destroyer. I have to update mine... Some new interesting pieces as well in the top of the ship that can be seen better from this angle. Although it's a bit weird to have only one light speed engine, the second one would be below the bed *huh*. And I prefer last version of the seats in the TFA MF, they are more accurate.

LEGO_Star_Wars_Solo_75212_Kessel_Run_Mil

Maybe the seats do look like this in the Solo Movie.

R2-BHD full figure leaked, laying my credence to the UCS Y-Wing theory.

Really hoping for a Biggs with the X-Wing. As much as I want Red Leader an his astromech, I feel that given the quality of a lot for astromechs, his astromech would not print well in a mass-produced set due to complexity of the colours and lines. For some reason, the R3-M2 figure turned out beautiful in the polybag, so maybe if Red Leader's astromech is released, a polybag would be the best thing for it.

2 hours ago, Brickweiser said:

R2-BHD full figure leaked, laying my credence to the UCS Y-Wing theory.

Really hoping for a Biggs with the X-Wing. As much as I want Red Leader an his astromech, I feel that given the quality of a lot for astromechs, his astromech would not print well in a mass-produced set due to complexity of the colours and lines. For some reason, the R3-M2 figure turned out beautiful in the polybag, so maybe if Red Leader's astromech is released, a polybag would be the best thing for it.

I'm 99% sure the Lego figure that was leaked claiming to be included in the rumored USC Y wing is indeed Biggs, as the helmet matches to the one used for Biggs in ANH as well as the leaked astromech looks like R2-Q2. 

3 hours ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

Ah...he ment this one.

Maybe the seats do look like this in the Solo Movie.

Looking at this picture I can see what Lego we’re going for. Although the seat design from the two previous Falcons would have worked just as well in yellow. 

1 hour ago, Sir von Lego said:

The imperial hauler looks like an interesting ship from Solo!

just saw it on starwarsnewsnet.com

yes it does. 

it'll make a nice lego set too. :-]]

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Confirmation of a new Solo set? Imperial Hauler is great.

Y'know, I'm pretty certain that that's what "Gorgon" is.

6 hours ago, Legliss said:

I'm 99% sure the Lego figure that was leaked claiming to be included in the rumored USC Y wing is indeed Biggs, as the helmet matches to the one used for Biggs in ANH as well as the leaked astromech looks like R2-Q2. 

You guys are really excited about this; man. :)

I wouldn't be sure, but I do believe that the Y-Wing is happening.

9 hours ago, Legliss said:

The leaked Biggs is from the system scale X-Wing coming out later this year. I don’t see them putting an X-Wing Pilot with a UCS Y-Wing. Dutch Vander is the figure with the Y-Wing. If we get a second figure with it it’ll be a Y-Wing Pilot. I’d love a second X-Wing Pilot with the system scale set to be Garvey Dreis but it’ll probably be Luke again. At least we’ll have Antoc Merrick from the calendar to fly an X-Wing too.

47 minutes ago, Robianco said:

I don’t see them putting an X-Wing Pilot with a UCS Y-Wing. Dutch Vander is the figure with the Y-Wing.

Except for two things:

1) the original UCS Y-wing came with an astromech droid, so it was only a fraction off minifig scale
2) the re-tooled UCS Snowspeeder had two minfigs with it, even though it was more Scala scale than minifig.