MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

Just now, Renegade Clone said:

When was that confirmed???

i don't have the exact moment, but it was within the past several days.

16 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

doesn't anyone get their hopes up - the chimera could be one last Rebels set? Since it is Thrawns ISD's name.

It is Solo set. No Rebels sets.

11 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

We won’t get a location or big creature.

So only vechicles? Ugh. That sounds awful...

5 hours ago, Tidy said:

i don't have the exact moment, but it was within the past several days.

They only said he was playing Vos. It was never confirmed Vos is the dude with ihe helmet in the trailer.

12 minutes ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

They only said he was playing Vos. It was never confirmed Vos is the dude with ihe helmet in the trailer.

you are wrong. research more you must.

here, i did it for you.

Edited by Tidy

20 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

We won’t get a location or big creature.

Thanks for the reply. This is somewhat disappointing considering how nice the location sets can be and help break up just starships and vehicles.

8 hours ago, Tidy said:

you are wrong. research more you must.

here, i did it for you.

This is a FAN video... NOT an official statement. Where did he get that info?

As said, Bettany plays Vos.... and that's it. The character in the trailer could be anyone. Having a fanvideo claim it's him doesn't mean it is.

Remember when the characternames leaked and sites reported Thandie Newton was playing the alien Quay Tolsite? Well, turns out she isn't as she's Val.

Suppose he said that Boba Fett is in the movie, would that make it real and official? Or what if he said there will be a UCS Geonosis set with 541 minifigs? :P

Maybe his guess is a lucky one and turns out to be correct, but right now it's not.

;)

Edited by Jedi-Bendu

Just to clarify, 75206 Battle Pack and 75208 Yoda's Hut are both coming out in April. This was always the plan from the very start; nothing has been changed. :)

The Luke/Yoda BH is somewhere between $10 and $20 US - maybe 15?

Edited by Azani

20 hours ago, darththeling said:

Yeah, agreed. The Ghost came out months before Rebels even premiered. It was the summer 2014 wave. Spark of Rebellion (Rebels premiere) aired early October of that year. Only the most hardcore of SW Lego fans would have bought The Ghost then.

Thanks. I bought it on day 1 (along with the Phantom). :laugh:

12 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Sir von Lego confirmed this a few pages back 

Hhm, I can't find this. I just saw that he said that there was a set he had never seen before and couldn't identify ...

5 hours ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

This is a FAN video... NOT an official statement. Where did he get that info?

As said, Bettany plays Vos.... and that's it. The character in the trailer could be anyone. Having a fanvideo claim it's him doesn't mean it is.

Remember when the characternames leaked and sites reported Thandie Newton was playing the alien Quay Tolsite? Well, turns out she isn't as she's Val.

Suppose he said that Boba Fett is in the movie, would that make it real and official? Or what if he said there will be a UCS Geonosis set with 541 minifigs? :P

Maybe his guess is a lucky one and turns out to be correct, but right now it's not.

;)

point taken. though this isn't the only place to be saying it. and there's an ew article that is trying to show boba fett ... 

1 minute ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

Just saw the prelim pic of Snoke's Throne Room.

Basically a brickbuilt red wall with figs :laugh:

if you're talking about that abomination on rebel scum ... that cannot be what it looks like. no way.

23 minutes ago, Tidy said:

if you're talking about that abomination on rebel scum ... that cannot be what it looks like. no way.

Yup. That's the one.... :P

13 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Sir von Lego confirmed this a few pages back 

ı don't think he is saying the truth

by the way he is talking he is like a 9 year old kid.

he just says throne room and copies it again and again.

And if its a solo set it could be the star destroyer we saw on the trailer. Maybe its the chimera and there is Thrawn in the movie or it's just the code for a star destroyer.

39 minutes ago, Tidy said:

If you're talking about that abomination on rebel scum ... that cannot be what it looks like. no way.

Admittedly that big red wall looks a bit dodgy, but I don't think the image is good enough to form a strong opinion on the set. There could be allsorts so goodness in there that you can't make out. 

I would actually really like that image to be the actual one. It's nice getting a full wall structure for once instead of having to imagine it. The throne should not be put against the wall though.

Edited by JekPorkchops

56 minutes ago, Mizyaz said:

And if its a solo set it could be the star destroyer we saw on the trailer. Maybe its the chimera and there is Thrawn in the movie or it's just the code for a star destroyer.

Sir von Lego is one of our most trusted sources of information, what he says is always 100% true, I think the whole community can vouch for him :sweet:

"Chimera" is just a code name, it's confirmed to a be Solo set and Thrawn probably doesn't have his personal Star Destroyer yet at that point in time (I think). Besides, the box size isn't nearly big enough for that :wink:

1 hour ago, Mizyaz said:

It’s entirely up to you if you want to call SVL out as a liar in here, but you’d be wrong.

SVL has been a member for 11 years and has been completely reliable as a source of information.

I’ve said it numerous times but please remember none of us are entitled to any information and if people can’t share everything they know then there’s normally a very good reason.

26 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Sir von Lego is one of our most trusted sources of information, what he says is always 100% true, I think the whole community can vouch for him :sweet:

"Chimera" is just a code name, it's confirmed to a be Solo set and Thrawn probably doesn't have his personal Star Destroyer yet at that point in time (I think). Besides, the box size isn't nearly big enough for that :wink:

ı am sorry about that. Seems like ı shouldn't judge people by their writing style.

And if its not a star destroyer it could be some kind of tie fighter 

25 minutes ago, JDbricks said:

The throne room "leak" is fake.

QFT

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Definitely he's a trustworthy source among the AFOL community. The box size is definitely not big enough to accommodate an ISD. Also there haven't usually been any $100 plus ship sets for a new SW movie in it's second wave. I would love a new ISD because I missed the last one and it would go nicely with the FO star destroyer (FOSD?) I have on the shelf.

I believe it's highly likely that Vos is Nemesis but we can't confirm yet with certainty. The Lego set mentions Nemesis and Gang so if Bettany is the suited guy he is at least codenamed Nemesis. 

2 hours ago, Mizyaz said:

ı am sorry about that. Seems like ı shouldn't judge people by their writing style.

Hard to claim he’s a 9 year old kid when he’s been a member for 11 years... (as of yesterday). BTW: Happy Anniversary SVL.

Also of note... he only has 500+ posts, averaging only around 50 posts a year. He’s obviously not on here to flap his lips and spread rumors. He only says what he needs to say. Something that is admirable, and isn’t typical of a 9 year old kid.

Edited by thorin