MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

3 hours ago, Reaper said:

It's a great set, and I would really like to have it, but we seem to both have the same problem of being too expensive. my costs 200 AUD at S@H!!! 

At this rate, I'd probably get it used a few years later because I'm not willing to pay 200 for 1000 pieces...

Well, you wanna hear something funny? Here it costs 170 CHF, which is around 230 AUD :) I have checked a few conversion prices, and in S@H it's one of the most expensive here, New Zealand has it similarly bad, and Greece is even worse. Everywhere else where I checked is cheaper by at least 20 bucks.

your black card final promo leaked on instagram ...

black card holder, and black minifig with falcon logo ...

2 hours ago, brobert said:

Well, you wanna hear something funny? Here it costs 170 CHF, which is around 230 AUD :) I have checked a few conversion prices, and in S@H it's one of the most expensive here, New Zealand has it similarly bad, and Greece is even worse. Everywhere else where I checked is cheaper by at least 20 bucks.

Damn that sure is annoying. I really need those guards and the hovertank pilot :(

4 minutes ago, Tidy said:

your black card final promo leaked on instagram ...

black card holder, and black minifig with falcon logo ...

Is it on #legoleaks?

try #blackvip ... ;-]

and it is with purchase ... through the end of january 19 ... online only ...

38 minutes ago, Tidy said:

try #blackvip ... ;-]

and it is with purchase ... through the end of january 19 ... online only ...

...From Dec 7. You’d think they would at least make it available on Dec 1 when Vader’s castle is available on S@H. That minifig is going to be pretty sought after though! 

Pathetic excuse for a promo in my opinion, however it’s better than what we’ve gotten previously. In the end, I’m thankful we’re getting something somewhat exclusive but like others I really do believe LEGO could have put more effort into this program. What they’ve released does match the description of the program given last year, however it’s fair to assume that they would’ve given us more. Anybody willing to buy a set with the MILF’s price tag is either gullible or dedicated; someone buying that set is most likely giving a lot of money to LEGO already. Would something as simple as double VIP points all year not have been easy for LEGO? I’m sure they wouldn’t stand to lose too much revenue from it in the end. If LEGO tries to do something similar in the future I hope they get it right, but I will not be part of this program again.

Yes, the Black VIP card is pretty useless, and I'm glad that I didn't participate in it!

my biggest issue with the whole promotion [and maybe this salted lego to it as well] was the shear number of people who bought the falcon and scalped/sold it ... but now they get to enjoy the perks of an exclusive promo 'rewarding' the early buyers ...

regardless of my personal feelings, this was a charlie foxtrot from day one ...

9 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

“...Anybody willing to buy a set with the MILF’s price tag is either gullible or dedicated;...”

Lol Brikky, I don’t think I’ve ever heard it abbreviated to ‘MILF’. It gives new meaning to the line “She may not look like much but she’s got it where it counts, kid” 

21 hours ago, Markalus said:

Lol Brikky, I don’t think I’ve ever heard it abbreviated to ‘MILF’. It gives new meaning to the line “She may not look like much but she’s got it where it counts, kid” 

Really? It got bumped around on these forums quite a bit when the set was first released. Before then, though, I’d never seen it either. I’m waiting for the day that I can nonchalantly use it in a casual conversation

1 minute ago, ThousandMoon said:

Can anyone confirm when and where the Kessel mine worker is available in the uk?? Thank you please...

It's avaliable in Australia now along with the Christmas globe at S@H so I'm assuming the same for UK?

4 hours ago, Reaper said:

It's avaliable in Australia now along with the Christmas globe at S@H so I'm assuming the same for UK?

LEGO says ALL brand stores and online shops.

On 11/30/2018 at 6:50 AM, Reaper said:

It's a great set, and I would really like to have it, but we seem to both have the same problem of being too expensive. my costs 200 AUD at S@H!!! 

I have the same feelings. The set is quite decent, but minifig selection is low for that price, €129,99 in many EU countries. Director Krennic, the servant or both should have been there for the price. I like the small TIE for playability, but it's arguable to use those pieces to improve the castle itself, like adding the scene of Krennic's aspirations.

1 hour ago, dvogon said:

I have the same feelings. The set is quite decent, but minifig selection is low for that price, €129,99 in many EU countries. Director Krennic, the servant or both should have been there for the price. I like the small TIE for playability, but it's arguable to use those pieces to improve the castle itself, like adding the scene of Krennic's aspirations.

The Brickset review argues that the disk on the top floor is actually meant to represent this scene - after all, only the view and the circular floor are distinctive about that room. I do, however, agree that Krennic and Vanee should have been included, although neither is a very interesting figure.

4 hours ago, DarthHank said:

...agree that Krennic and Vanee should have been included, although neither is a very interesting figure.

Either would have been more interesting and relevant than a trooper with an obscure paint job and yet another angry clone head though...

Edited by TeufelHund

So I just opened the x-wing from this year to look at the new flight helmet in the plastic, and I think what I find particularly wrong about it in comparison to the old one is that it feels like it sits about 1mm too tall on the minifig. I lifted the old helmet up by 1mm and it also feels too tall.