MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

I’m gonna gush over the Porg a bit. It’s face with the mouth closed looks delightfully awkward. I can’t help but smile looking at it. It was a pretty fun build too. Wall•E finally has a friend his size to with. :tongue:

If if you’re a fan of the porgs, I can’t recommend this set enough. Even if you aren’t a big fan, the set is still fantastic. 

Edited by Vindicare

Not sure where to post this but 40176 - Scariff Trooper is available for £2 in the Entertainer at present, in the UK. 

1 hour ago, Panthro said:

Not sure where to post this but 40176 - Scariff Trooper is available for £2 in the Entertainer at present, in the UK. 

Can you get this online or in store only? Can you PM me a link?

18 minutes ago, SCREDEYE said:

Can you get this online or in store only? Can you PM me a link?

I only saw them in store, I'm afraid. They had them and the R3 polybag as well. Both £2.

1 hour ago, Panthro said:

I only saw them in store, I'm afraid. They had them and the R3 polybag as well. Both £2.

At thanks for letting us know either way. If you're willing, could you buy and ship 5 to me? I'll pay you ofcourse

44 minutes ago, SCREDEYE said:

At thanks for letting us know either way. If you're willing, could you buy and ship 5 to me? I'll pay you ofcourse

This is not the thread for buying or trading. Please use the appropriate thread or take this to a PM

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 1:49 AM, Vindicare said:

I’m gonna gush over the Porg a bit. It’s face with the mouth closed looks delightfully awkward. I can’t help but smile looking at it. It was a pretty fun build too. Wall•E finally has a friend his size to with. :tongue:

If if you’re a fan of the porgs, I can’t recommend this set enough. Even if you aren’t a big fan, the set is still fantastic. 

Out of sheer curiosity, would you say that the TECHNIC aspects of the build/design chassis were sufficiently advanced to engage a semi-seasoned fan of such sets? I'm looking for a moderately expensive gift idea for a certain kid, who, as far as I understand, does not peruse EB. :P I'd like to surprise him to as great of a degree as is possible, so I'm hoping to come out of left field on this one, so to speak. Thanks!

I would have tentatively planned on picking up 75251 before the year's end, but I might end up simply picking up a Porg for myself; one is certainly much cheaper than its counterpart... :- )

Edited by Azani

On 11/10/2018 at 11:03 AM, Azani said:

Out of sheer curiosity, would you say that the TECHNIC aspects of the build/design chassis were sufficiently advanced to engage a semi-seasoned fan of such sets? I'm looking for a moderately expensive gift idea for a certain kid, who, as far as I understand, does not peruse EB. :P I'd like to surprise him to as great of a degree as is possible, so I'm hoping to come out of left field on this one, so to speak. Thanks!

I would have tentatively planned on picking up 75251 before the year's end, but I might end up simply picking up a Porg for myself; one is certainly much cheaper than its counterpart... :- )

I’m not well versed on Technic builds, but it was a fairly creative one, as it controls the flapping wings & the mouth. 

On 11/10/2018 at 8:03 PM, Azani said:

I don't think the frame/mechanism is all that interesting from a Technic pov, it's a simple Technic frame, with a rudimentary mechanism connecting the mouth to the bottom (no, I don't mean the digestive system :)) Pretty simple, even more so than BB-8, I don't have a single pure Technic set, but it wasn't enough to engage me all that much.

But you can check out the review here, or brickset.

On 11/7/2018 at 1:09 PM, Panthro said:

I clicked into this thread by accident instead of the 2019 one yet after seeing your message I'm so glad I did. Thank you so much for the heads-up, went out and bought four of the Scarif troops and one of the droid. Already had R3, who lives in the rebel base with a centre leg installed, so this one can actually enjoy life on his little display stand, whilst the troops can fill up the two Conveyexes (scored them half price on Amazon in a flash sale - half the price, double the length) that my son's getting for Christmas... and of course, one of them can enjoy being on his stand next to R3. Shame that aside from maybe muddy Han, none of the others they've released since even remotely appeal to me. Even then, I'd only bother with Han in a £2.00 bin sale like this. But to have the shore trooper we didn't have (and 4, just for fun) along with one of the most beautifully designed astromech figures (just love the colour scheme on him) at such a cheap price, it was an absolute delight!

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

Seen on FB that the Kessel mine worker will be free with purchases of £55 from 30/11. Anyone know if this is definite?

Edited by Richpepperell

On 11/7/2018 at 3:01 PM, Panthro said:

Damn! They’re £3.99 in lego store and I bought 2! 

12 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

Seen on FB that the Kessel mine worker will be free with purchases of £55 from 30/11. Anyone know if this is definite?

It was happening in-store today for me.

On 7 oktober 2018 at 11:37 PM, Dukeside said:

I think it’s time for you to sit down and read about canon. 

Not to reopen old wounds but are there still no news of a final black VIP promotion? If there even will be one.

9 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Not to reopen old wounds but are there still no news of a final black VIP promotion? If there even will be one.

Something tells me that one fell into a black hole never to be seen again. 

First reviews are in for Darth Vader's Castle - will definitely be getting this, probably from Shop@Home if rumours of Double VIP points, Darth Vader Pod freebie + Xmas freebie on 1 December are true:

https://brickset.com/article/40201/review-75251-darth-vader-s-castle

Video review here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLqbcY1MApA

Looking good – although I think Krennic & Vanee (Vader's major domo from RO) should have been included over the blue trooper from a VR game most people in the world can't access.

5 minutes ago, TeufelHund said:

First reviews are in for Darth Vader's Castle

Saw these earlier too. I have to say, when I first saw the pics I had no interest in getting in; I thought it looked relatively good for what it was and could understand why people may want it, but it held no appeal for me. Then yesterday I saw MandR's video and now it is firmly at the top of my wishlist; it looks so much better to me in actual footage than it does in the prelim photos. It's the first SW set in a long time that I want purely for the display appeal rather than the minifigures. I too am waiting to see what December will hold in terms of promos though because the RRP is quite steep even if it does look really good.

45 minutes ago, TeufelHund said:

First reviews are in for Darth Vader's Castle - will definitely be getting this, probably from Shop@Home if rumours of Double VIP points, Darth Vader Pod freebie + Xmas freebie on 1 December are true:

https://brickset.com/article/40201/review-75251-darth-vader-s-castle

Video review here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLqbcY1MApA

Looking good – although I think Krennic & Vanee (Vader's major domo from RO) should have been included over the blue trooper from a VR game most people in the world can't access.

Agreed. I was originally on the fence about this one, but having seen the review, that set is pretty dope.  

7 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Saw these earlier too. I have to say, when I first saw the pics I had no interest in getting in; I thought it looked relatively good for what it was and could understand why people may want it, but it held no appeal for me. Then yesterday I saw MandR's video and now it is firmly at the top of my wishlist; it looks so much better to me in actual footage than it does in the prelim photos. It's the first SW set in a long time that I want purely for the display appeal rather than the minifigures. I too am waiting to see what December will hold in terms of promos though because the RRP is quite steep even if it does look really good.

It does look great! It's on my to buy list too!

The castle does look good indeed, bit of a shame for the minifig selection, problem is it's way too expensive where I live. And S@H exclusive - for now at least - so no chance for a decent discount...probably better for family peace, I don't really know where I would cram it in anyway :D

Hi. I havent visited the forum for a while and have quite a bit to catch up with. Would someone kindly be able to let me know when these polybags appeared please? I'm talking about 40176, 40268, 40298, 40299, 40300. Oh and are all the minifigures unique or do they appear in other sets?

Edited by legolandia

2 hours ago, legolandia said:

Hi. I havent visited the forum for a while and have quite a bit to catch up with. Would someone kindly be able to let me know when these polybags appeared please? I'm talking about 40176, 40268, 40298, 40299, 40300. Oh and are all the minifigures unique or do they appear in other sets?

LEGO started releasing them in 2017, and they are all unique so far.

17 hours ago, brobert said:

The castle does look good indeed, bit of a shame for the minifig selection, problem is it's way too expensive where I live. And S@H exclusive - for now at least - so no chance for a decent discount...probably better for family peace, I don't really know where I would cram it in anyway :D

It's a great set, and I would really like to have it, but we seem to both have the same problem of being too expensive. my costs 200 AUD at S@H!!! 

At this rate, I'd probably get it used a few years later because I'm not willing to pay 200 for 1000 pieces...