MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

5 hours ago, Stash2Sixx said:

No, that's a wishlist beginning to form!

6 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Is this a wish list request? Those don't belong in this thread. Is this a reference to a new movie? If so, please provide more details.

Sorry guys, I totally forgot about that. I just wanted to share my opinion that LEGO should make a minifigure of him. Won't happen again :thumbup:

If the excuse to get the Castle is to promote that VR thing, that's fine with me :classic:. There are too many ships in Star Wars sets, so location based ones are very welcome. This one has very good playability. With the micro fighter scale ship, many other ones may be used naturally with this set, even Krennic's shuttle micro fighter.

I would have preferred the inclusion of Vader's attendant as well. The small side builds make very good usage of that space and they have some interesting pieces.

Having Krennic in the same set would render it almost perfect. Adding the Krennic's aspirations scene in theTie hangar location is a good MOC option for this set.

I cheered out loud when I saw the pics of 75251! Just what I was hoping for. Proof that TLG loves us. 

Lego is getting so much better at location sets. Vader's castle is almost perfect for my shelf - something great to display but with some play features on the other side. Like the great OT sets: Jabba's Palace, Ewok Villlage, etc. I will scrap that MID scale Vader's TIE and MOC that area into a meeting space for Krennic. Agreed that the blue trooper should be Vanee... but this doesn't appear to be a Rogue One set. I think this set favors the new VR experience. We don't see a Vader meditation chamber scene in R1.  

18 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

However for point three, the main reason I dont agree with you is that SW is already bad at location sets, so to see a mid size location set it's not something we have had since Jabbas Palace in 2012, so I definitely welcome this initiative and hope they continue to drop a new location set this size, on top of an eventual master builder set each year. It's not that it wouldn't be nice as a master builder set, but there are so many other locations from the OT and PT that would take priority as becoming a master builder series.

Agreed. Most of the location based sets that didn’t do well were too small. Not saying they need to be master series, but a $100 to $130 set on par with the Vader Tower would go well. Jabbas Palace was phenomenal, the cantina from a few years ago was nice... but takodana, encounter on jakku, and battle on scarif all felt too small.

Question - Does anyone know why they are doing preorder for this set? Is it a limited release or something? Or are they just trying to avoid the holiday rush and being out of stock?

On 10/5/2018 at 8:00 AM, MKJoshA said:

Kessel Mine Worker polybag is at Barnes & Nobles in the States. Available with a $29.95 Lego purchase.

Thank you!!! I’ve been trying to find it all year. Rushed out yesterday afternoon and picked one up. I wonder if B&N took over TRU’s role/contract with these? I’m guessing it willl be good for Lego sales at B&N...

The castle looks fantastic.

I can also only appreciate the fact, that we can now preorder sets on S@H and I hope that we will can preorder all future sets (or at least D2Cs).

Looks like LEGO has learnt from the 75192-chaos.:thumbup:

Edited by Praetorian_Guard

I saw a list of leaked sets on Facebook and all I can say is... another bloody AT-AP? I hope it's something else and they are just mistaken...

Quite a few anniversary sets, but with no names.

Just now, Calanon said:

I saw a list of leaked sets on Facebook and all I can say is... another bloody AT-AP? I hope it's something else and they are just mistaken...

Quite a few anniversary sets, but with no names.

you should post that in the ‘19 thread. and all the list said too ...

Just now, Tidy said:

you should post that in the ‘19 thread. and all the list said too ...

Yep, I'll do that now, thanks. I'll be honest I did not see that a '19 thread had been created.

On 10/4/2018 at 2:58 PM, Brickweiser said:

I think its time for a sit down to discuss the concept of fiction... none of it exists.

I think it’s time for you to sit down and read about canon. 

On 7 oktober 2018 at 11:37 PM, Dukeside said:

Or I think it's time for you guys to stop arguing about nothing

Edited by Sneakguest

17 hours ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

The castle looks fantastic.

I can also only appreciate the fact, that we can now preorder sets on S@H and I hope that we will can preorder all future sets (or at least D2Cs).

Looks like LEGO has learnt from the 75192-chaos.:thumbup:

Updated info I got from LEGO customer service is that pre-order for Darth Vader’s castle at S@H is only available for US and Europe, not Australia. The good news for Aussies is that it will still be available to purchase on Dec 1st from S@H and is expected to be available via regular LEGO retailers (i.e. not exclusive). 

Edited by Markalus
Updated information

1 hour ago, Dukeside said:

If the character is in a new game that is part of canon, its part of canon. Simple, no? 

2 hours ago, Brickweiser said:

If the character is in a new game that is part of canon, its part of canon. Simple, no? 

A game is not a film so no. Please DM me if you have any other questions this isn't the mountain to plant your flag.

36 minutes ago, Dukeside said:

A game is not a film so no. Please DM me if you have any other questions this isn't the mountain to plant your flag.

Well the movies are not the only things that are officially canon. No need to argue about it here but just so you know, there is plenty of Star Wars content that is officially canon, meaning it actually happens in the official Star Wars universe connected to the main films, even if it isn’t a film. Regardless, canon or not, new minifigures are always very welcome to me

11 hours ago, Dukeside said:

9 hours ago, Brickweiser said:

6 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Well the movies are not the only things that are officially canon. No need to argue about it here but just so you know, there is plenty of Star Wars content that is officially canon, meaning it actually happens in the official Star Wars universe connected to the main films, even if it isn’t a film. Regardless, canon or not, new minifigures are always very welcome to me

10 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Or I think it's time for you guys to stop arguing about nothing

Besides Sneakguest being right anyway and Balrog also clarifying things I'll add one thing:

Anything released by Lucasfilm after 2014 is canon. Book, Comic, Film, TV series... anything. It's all canon. They've done a lot of reorganising things from that point in clarifying what is canon and what is legends. What is now legends could still become canon if it's included in any media released from this point, although that doesn't mean that the whole background of a particular character or story would become canon... just that particular part of it's existence.

That figure in the stormtrooper uniform and the tank pilot helmet with the blue flashes? He's canon. In just the same way Dr Aphra and Loth-cats are canon.

Edited by Robianco

16 hours ago, Brickweiser said:

13 hours ago, Dukeside said:

Stop. Both of you. If you want to have this discussion, go to the general thread.

6 hours ago, Robianco said:

Anything released by Lucasfilm after 2014 is canon. Book, Comic, Film, TV series... anything. It's all canon. They've done a lot of reorganising things from that point in clarifying what is canon and what is legends. What is now legends could still become canon if it's included in any media released from this point, although that doesn't mean that the whole background of a particular character or story would become canon... just that particular part of it's existence.

That figure in the stormtrooper uniform and the tank pilot helmet with the blue flashes? He's canon. In just the same way Dr Aphra and Loth-cats are canon.

For the record, this is correct. Now, no more discussion here about canon unless it's about a specific set. Lego continues to make non-canon sets (looking at you, Freemakers). So you can have an opinion about whether a set is canon or not. But whether it is or isn't won't stop Lego from making non-canon sets.

On eBay there are two camo colored battledroids for sale as well as yet another Commander Gree from set 75234. From a guy who usually sells minifigs before they’re actually released

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

On eBay there are two camo colored battledroids for sale as well as yet another Commander Gree from set 75234. From a guy who usually sells minifigs before they’re actually released

That battle droid looks to be an AAT pilot.

Theres “leaked” set descriptions floating around IG. I don’t know how true it is though, since theres been a lot of “leaked” stuff for Star Wars this year that turned out to be fake.

So the Juniors Death Star playset is apparently going to be the scene where Luke and Leia swing across the chasm, with an extra Stormtrooper fig

The AT-AP is going to include Gree, Cheif Tarful, a Kashyyk Trooper, and two battle droids (most likely the leaked camo ones)

75223 and 75224 is going to be a Sith Infiltrator and a Naboo Starfighter, with Darth Maul and Young Anakin (These sound a lot like Microfighters)

Preatorian Guard Battlepack will include 3 guards and a stormtrooper.

The “Elite Squadron Battlepack” is apparently going to be the Inferno Squad, with one female and three black Stormtroopers. IMO, the Story Mode of Battlefront 2 was one of the better parts of the game, so I’m quite excited for this one.

Theres going to be another Anakin’s Podracer set, but it’s supposed to be a 20th Anniversary set, so theres most likely going to be exclusive minifigs.

And finally, the original Pilot Luke minifig from 7140 is apparently going to be one the 20th Anniversary minifigs

Like I said, I really don’t know how true this list is, so nobody should get their hopes up.

34 minutes ago, Mountain Drew said:

Theres “leaked” set descriptions floating around IG. I don’t know how true it is though, since theres been a lot of “leaked” stuff for Star Wars this year that turned out to be fake.

So the Juniors Death Star playset is apparently going to be the scene where Luke and Leia swing across the chasm, with an extra Stormtrooper fig

The AT-AP is going to include Gree, Cheif Tarful, a Kashyyk Trooper, and two battle droids (most likely the leaked camo ones)

75223 and 75224 is going to be a Sith Infiltrator and a Naboo Starfighter, with Darth Maul and Young Anakin (These sound a lot like Microfighters)

Preatorian Guard Battlepack will include 3 guards and a stormtrooper.

The “Elite Squadron Battlepack” is apparently going to be the Inferno Squad, with one female and three black Stormtroopers. IMO, the Story Mode of Battlefront 2 was one of the better parts of the game, so I’m quite excited for this one.

Theres going to be another Anakin’s Podracer set, but it’s supposed to be a 20th Anniversary set, so theres most likely going to be exclusive minifigs.

And finally, the original Pilot Luke minifig from 7140 is apparently going to be one the 20th Anniversary minifigs

Like I said, I really don’t know how true this list is, so nobody should get their hopes up.

This is all being discussed over on the Star Wars 2019 Discussion thread. The person on IG has just written up what Sir von Lego has said over on the 2019 thread and as leakers go, Sir von is normally reliable. :) Good roundup though.

7 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

This is all being discussed over on the Star Wars 2019 Discussion thread. The person on IG has just written up what Sir von Lego has said over on the 2019 thread and as leakers go, Sir von is normally reliable. :) Good roundup though.

Ohh, my bad. I didn’t think the 2019 thread was up yet.

42 minutes ago, Mountain Drew said:

Ohh, my bad. I didn’t think the 2019 thread was up yet.

No problem easily missed - just thought you should know. The 2019 thread has suddenly taken off now!