MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

Again, so strange choices of minifigures, I would really like somebody who make the decision which sets and minifigures that they have chosen to make, why they have made those choices because I sometimes don't understand at all. 

7 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Again, so strange choices of minifigures, I would really like somebody who make the decision which sets and minifigures that they have chosen to make, why they have made those choices because I sometimes don't understand at all. 

Apparently the castle is in support of a VR game that features these characters. We'll find out for certain when the times comes I suppose.

I don't think it will be D2C/MBS, the castle doesn't really have that many appearances yet so I doubt it's populair enough for that type of set.

10 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

All I hope for is that the castle build itself looks at least half decent. If it's $80 or more it probably will be.

But right now the minifigs themselves are enough for me to buy the set. 

I wholeheartedly agree. Though to be honest I couldn't care less about that 501st Tank Trooper (or whatever it's called), but that Vader looks so awesome already :drool:
Maybe more types of figures/characters will come with it. A medical droid for instance :grin:

Regards,
Mitch

2 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

Maybe more types of figures/characters will come with it. A medical droid for instance :grin:

Regards,
Mitch

I'm hoping the cloaked figure from Rogue One (Vanee, I think his name was?) Will come with it. Although I guess being based of the game it will depend if he makes an appearance in it.

Hm, yes, that'd be cool too. Perhaps they'll take inspiration from multiple sources, since the castle appears in the Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith comic series as well.
Though I haven't read the issues yet it appears in, so I have no idea who's at the castle in those scenes.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see, as always :sweet:

Regards,
Mitch

well for $60 and similar in pieces to snoke's throne room ... disappointment will abound ...

5 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

Hm, yes, that'd be cool too. Perhaps they'll take inspiration from multiple sources, since the castle appears in the Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith comic series as well.
Though I haven't read the issues yet it appears in, so I have no idea who's at the castle in those scenes.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see, as always :sweet:

Regards,
Mitch

It still hasn't shown up yet, we're just seeing it's origin so far so theres nothing for us to get so far

Great Vader fig. Wonder how the scarring on the back of his head has changed since the last one. Hoping the set itself doesn't sacrifice the exterior too much for a few interior play functions.

3 hours ago, TWRAddict said:

Great Vader fig. Wonder how the scarring on the back of his head has changed since the last one. Hoping the set itself doesn't sacrifice the exterior too much for a few interior play functions.

I am thinking probably not much because of having the consistency of this figure be the same with the other Darth Vader figures

Glad to see the rumour about Vader's Castle is true. Don't care much for the Pilot figure but Bacta Tank Vader looks awesome. Shame the Royal Guards are going to be the same as the Death Star versions. Would've been a good opportunity to ditch the capes and give them the skirt piece instead so they're more in line with the Praetorian Guards.

Looking forward to seeing how the set itself looks. For the price range I'm expecting it will be something similar in scale to the Avengers Tower set with an Orthanc inspired makeover.

I am sure this in a previous page but I am short on time so I will ask it anyways. I am currently in North America and would like to get the UCS Porg set while here. What is the release date in the US and Canada. 

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Darth Max
Didn't finish message

On 9/30/2018 at 11:04 AM, Tidy said:

well for $60 and similar in pieces to snoke's throne room ... disappointment will abound ...

So... business as usual around here, then? :laugh:

Vader's Mustafar castle: dream scenario, it's like 10237-1 : Lego The Tower of Orthanc. Striking and huge.

Great news would be a piece count/price threshold similar to 79007 Lord of the Rings Battle at the Black Gate, but it's leaked to be $60 it would likely be half that piece count... disappointment will abound if it basically ends up exactly like 75183 Vader's Transformation - interior scene only with a bacta tank and some blue faced troopers.

Great leak and thanks for sharing. If we don't get Vaneé (Vader's butler as seen in Rogue One) in this set, we never will. 

Anyone else find Vader's disembodied body strange with black bits where missing limbs would be? I plan on removing them, excepting some play feature that requires a full minifig to function - maybe lifting Vader in/out the bacta tank?

15 hours ago, Darth Max said:

I am sure this in a previous page but I am short on time so I will ask it anyways. I am currently in North America and would like to get the UCS Porg set while here. What is the release date in the US and Canada. 

Thanks in advance.

Looks like it's available today. https://shop.lego.com/en-CA/Porg-75230

Anyone non-VIP'ers pulling the trigger on Cloud City today?

Edited by darththeling
respond to Darth Max

I dunno, I think it was decided to keep limbs in LEGO form where they're not in reality, because it's a child's toy and dismemberment is a step too far. 
But I'll probably remove them as well. 
Regarding the size of the set: If it turns out to be a small set a lá Vader's Transformation, I wouldn't be disappointed a lot, but it'd be a shame, yeah. 
I don't think it'd end up being that bad, though.

Regards,
Mitch

8 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

Regarding the size of the set: If it turns out to be a small set a lá Vader's Transformation, I wouldn't be disappointed a lot, but it'd be a shame, yeah. 
I don't think it'd end up being that bad, though.

No idea about this set nor if it's real. It could be like the Hoth Medical Chamber, with the scene of Vader in the Bacta Tank. Or the scene of Krennic's aspirations, although here I think about no play features other than the opening door. I wouldn't expect anything bigger.

Edited by dvogon

3 hours ago, dvogon said:

No idea about this set nor if it's real. It could be like the Hoth Medical Chamber, with the scene of Vader in the Bacta Tank. Or the scene of Krennic's aspirations, although here I think about no play features other than the opening door. I wouldn't expect anything bigger.

I mean, that wouldn’t be the worst possible scenario. Its not ideal, but its not bad.

I’m pretty sure MandR said that a mini TIE Advance is supposed to be included in this set, with a very similar design as the the in the UCS Death Star. I would honestly prefer a TIE Advance set on its own, but I guess I haven’t seen this one yet, so Ill keep an open mind. And if it turns out bad, I could MOC it I guess.

Was there any other Star Wars leaks some of us may have missed? I haven’t been on this forum in a little while.

2 hours ago, Don Neimoidte de la Mancha said:

Maybe I am not understanding, has someone said what the price of the castle will be?

Go back some pages

5 hours ago, Don Neimoidte de la Mancha said:

Maybe I am not understanding, has someone said what the price of the castle will be?

I don't believe there's been a confirmed price yet, only speculation. Which, at the moment, is between $40 and $80.
Again, this is only guesswork!

Regards,
Mitch

18 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

I mean, that wouldn’t be the worst possible scenario. Its not ideal, but its not bad.

I’m pretty sure MandR said that a mini TIE Advance is supposed to be included in this set, with a very similar design as the the in the UCS Death Star. I would honestly prefer a TIE Advance set on its own, but I guess I haven’t seen this one yet, so Ill keep an open mind. And if it turns out bad, I could MOC it I guess.

Was there any other Star Wars leaks some of us may have missed? I haven’t been on this forum in a little while.

The TIE Advanced that was on the shelves last year with the A-Wing is a perfectly good one.

11 minutes ago, Robianco said:

The TIE Advanced that was on the shelves last year with the A-Wing is a perfectly good one.

truth. 

can’t say the same about the a-wing. as i prefer the newer red/white one. 

Additional pics of the new Vader minifig have surfaced and it appears to have dual-moulded legs, so they're here to stay after the latest Han minifig :thumbup: I wonder why it took them so long to introduce them in the SW theme :head_back: Wasn't the first instance though of SW being late to the game when it comes to new developments, they also kept the non-pupil eyes until 2009 where most other themes have long abandoned them (at least 5-6 years even or up to 8, if you count HP)

29 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Additional pics of the new Vader minifig have surfaced and it appears to have dual-moulded legs, so they're here to stay after the latest Han minifig :thumbup: I wonder why it took them so long to introduce them in the SW theme :head_back: Wasn't the first instance though of SW being late to the game when it comes to new developments, they also kept the non-pupil eyes until 2009 where most other themes have long abandoned them (at least 5-6 years even or up to 8, if you count HP)

SW is always late cause TLG knows people will still buy it and then after some time they "update" the figures so they can sell the same stuff but with a small update like eyes with pupils... Double the money for them.

Like the General Merrick figure, it gets the old rebel helmet (good thing cause I like it better) so for most people its already outdated but they will buy it anyway cause hype hype and in the future they will give him the new helmet, double money again. :roflmao:

Edited by Cyberfounder

17 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I don't think they're dual moulded. The black looks printed onto the legs along with the light grey under neath it. There's a sliver of colour on the side of the originally leaked photo that shows the colour of the leg at the outer side of the top part of the leg. If they were black dual moulded with the pearl dark grey / flat silver bottom it wouldn't have this.

21 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

They are not.

New Vader looks kinda like a cranky sleeping baby with black diapers and grey socks.

Palpatine better rub his tummy!

Edited by DarthBrickus