MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

On 9/26/2018 at 10:21 PM, legolandia said:

Does anyone know what this one is from the 75213 Christmas calendar? Is it a droid?

Screen%20Shot%202018-09-26%20at%2021.02.

On 9/26/2018 at 10:26 PM, Brickweiser said:

Its cloud city and a twinpod cloud car.

Lol, I'd never thought that.

I've been seeing the gas storage platforms from Rogue Squadron II the entire time :laugh::

1 hour ago, Bartybum said:

What but that’s so obviously Cloud City

I mean the twinpod car. I thought that was the storage platform (that they look basically like red cylinders).

I find this hilarious. The arguments against a cloud city playset and for a display set brought up the point that the exterior look of cloud city is “more iconic,” and yet I’ve seen a lot of people ask what that advent calendar build is. Cloud City doesn’t have any defining exterior features (like the Death Star) that would let people pick it out, because everything iconic that happened at cloud City was inside (dining room, carbon freezing chamber, “I am your father” etc)

5 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

I find this hilarious. The arguments against a cloud city playset and for a display set brought up the point that the exterior look of cloud city is “more iconic,” and yet I’ve seen a lot of people ask what that advent calendar build is. Cloud City doesn’t have any defining exterior features (like the Death Star) that would let people pick it out, because everything iconic that happened at cloud City was inside (dining room, carbon freezing chamber, “I am your father” etc)

Exactly! Making CC have an exterior build would have been a waste of parts. The aesthetic is nearly as iconic as we would like to think.

13 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Except the advent calendar build doesn't particularly look like Cloud City. If anything its a lamp.

As for iconic, its fairly iconic. People always talk about the sequence of the Falcon arriving at Cloud City as one of the most beautiful in Star Wars.

8 minutes ago, Thomty said:

Anyone else seen the blue-striped “tank-driver-stormtrooper”?

or is it fake?

It looks pretty real to me. It also lines up with the rumors so I’m thinking it’s legit. 

33 minutes ago, joeyl19 said:

It looks pretty real to me. It also lines up with the rumors so I’m thinking it’s legit. 

44 minutes ago, Thomty said:

or is it fake?

Definitely is real!

It is based on Star Wars: Secrets Of The Empire VR Game that released a year or two back and rather forgotten now!

It is a 501st Variant (Tank?) Trooper (Atleast the helmet is one). 

The trooper is seen in various shots in Vader's castle and the surroundings in the trailer here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbrIJdu6Gn0

Edited by BP VFX

1 hour ago, Thomty said:

or is it fake?

43176826730_cb1dc14e1a_o.jpg

The minifig looks legit to me.

Edited by Agent Kallus

Real damn oddball of a set if that happens; almost 75204 sandspeeder oddball. 

The absolute state of Star Wars games; thanks EA. 

Edited by RetroInferno

Maybe the Vader castle could be because of this new VR episodic game that's coming out concerning Vader? It's available to people with consumer grad VR headsets like the rift and vive, but it's still a bit surprising they'd base a set off of something literally few people know about. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqPWwz0yFkE&frags=pl%2Cwn

Edited by joebiwankenobi

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

There is a new picture out of one of the best versions of Vader without his suit we have gotten in LEGO form. 

nice pecs ...

35 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

There is a new picture out of one of the best versions of Vader without his suit we have gotten in LEGO form. 

Any pointers as to where the picture can be seen... I've looked in my usual places...

Edit: and I found them. Not sure what to think about the weird blue tank guy. Looks like a custom job, although I'm sure it's not. 

Edited by Richpepperell

The Vader figure looks good. The face will also make a pretty good RotJ Vader when he dies after talking to Luke. 

Vader looks incredible.

The Tank Trooper looks so off. The narrow shore trooper helmet does a lot to destroy the beauty of the TT helmet. Not a fan. The blue chest pecs also look...curiously small.

@Forresto Lego Stormtrooper titties always looked weirdly small though anyway.

I think the blue jaw lines on the helmet are too narrow on the minifig compared to the real thing. Also, the blue seems a bit too blue, and should be darker/duller.

Since I’m guessing the apparent Vader's Castle set is not coming out in the next three months, any idea when the 2019 thread will open up?

Edited by jhoya
Typo

2 minutes ago, Aethersprite said:

Wow, where did the Vader's Castle rumour come from? Is it a D2C set?

First reported in a MandR Productions video. A lot of people were skeptical, but now figures are leaking on certain social media platforms that appear to confirm the set.

Doesn’t sound like it is large enough to be a D2C/MBS set, but that is still unclear.

Edited by jhoya
Typo

All I hope for is that the castle build itself looks at least half decent. If it's $80 or more it probably will be.

But right now the minifigs themselves are enough for me to buy the set.