MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

47 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Because of that I’d take each prediction with a pinch of salt, although there’s a ‘chance’ of it being correct.

Although I don't think 20 anniversary sets is accurate but I hope that Vader's Castle is

1 hour ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Although I don't think 20 anniversary sets is accurate but I hope that Vader's Castle is

I doubt that vader's castle will be a set, it would have to be fairly large to make an accurate interpretation, and it was only in rogue one for a few minutes. So unless it's in episode 9, i don't think we will ever get a set of it

1 minute ago, Brickwraith said:

I doubt that vader's castle will be a set, it would have to be fairly large to make an accurate interpretation, and it was only in rogue one for a few minutes. So unless it's in episode 9, i don't think we will ever get a set of it

Well the Skyhopper was only a toy Luke played with for 5 seconds and we got 2 incarnations of that vehicle. There is also that pod thing in that background of Mos Eisley that had a good amount of pieces dedicated to it in the new ME set. There is a full 5 minute scene with the castle, so I wouldn't say it's impossible. I would love a Vader's Castle, something to make the winter wave not a complete waste. 

1 hour ago, Brickwraith said:

The castle is also the subject of the current arc of the Marvel Darth Vader series. I know it's maybe not familiar to lots of Lego fans, but it is another place the castle is getting some coverage. It still seems like an extremely unlikely set to me though. 

30 minutes ago, TWRAddict said:

Where did rumors of Vader's Castle come from, or is it just wishlisting?

MandRProductions video.

7 hours ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

Well the Skyhopper was only a toy Luke played with for 5 seconds and we got 2 incarnations of that vehicle. There is also that pod thing in that background of Mos Eisley that had a good amount of pieces dedicated to it in the new ME set. There is a full 5 minute scene with the castle, so I wouldn't say it's impossible. I would love a Vader's Castle, something to make the winter wave not a complete waste. 

Skyhopper appears in one of the edits on Tattoine in OT.

15 hours ago, Darth Malgus said:

Skyhopper appears in one of the edits on Tattoine in OT.

True, in the (IMO) atrocious Special Edition of Return of the Jedi, there are Skyhoppers flying over Tatooine during the celebration montage at the end.  However, the vehicle still gets more screen time as Luke's toy.  :laugh:

I wouldn't mind a Vader's castle set, and I do think the location is very likely to appear in Episode IX, but...why would they release one now as a Rogue One set?  "Features half-naked Anakin Skywalker in a bacta tank just like the one currently available in the Hoth set, and make sure Director Krennic doesn't choke on his aspirations!"  I don't doubt or vouch for the rumor, as I have no information, obviously, but if this set is genuinely based on Rogue One instead of Episode IX, I'm a bit sad that it was chosen over other glaring absences from that film: AT-ACT, Cargo Shuttle, Eadu with Galen Erso, Jedha with Saw Gerrera, etc.  Sure, we'll probably get these sets eventually within the next decade, if TLG finds it fitting to release them, but sometimes set choices seem very arbitrary.  The Droid Gunship and AT-AP rumors, for instance, simply baffle me.  Sure, Clone Wars is still popular, but the Prequel-era ships that people have been clamoring for are a Venator, a Republic Gunship, and an ARC-170...and TLG knows this, so I guess they're playing the long game, just like with Cloud City.

Brickset just posted an article about pop-up LEGO stores opening in the near future. On the first image, there's a large brick-built Captain Rex. Could this be evidence for more Clone Wars-based sets soon?

2 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

Brickset just posted an article about pop-up LEGO stores opening in the near future. On the first image, there's a large brick-built Captain Rex. Could this be evidence for more Clone Wars-based sets soon?

No. It’s just a brick built version of a beloved Star Wars character 

On 9/17/2018 at 7:21 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

75223 {Classic Microfighter}, 10$ and 62 pieces

<snip the rest of the big list>

Wow! Those are quite a lot of sets. At least the prices leaked seem to be not so high. Looking forward to the Praetorian Guards and Inferno Squad battle packs. Don't know what to think about the Juniors sets though.

From where comes the rumor of a Dewback battle pack? 

Edited by dvogon

22 hours ago, dvogon said:

Wow! Those are quite a lot of sets. At least the prices leaked seem to be not so high. Looking forward to the Praetorian Guards and Inferno Squad battle packs. Don't know what to think about the Juniors sets though.

MandRproductions.

On 9/21/2018 at 1:00 AM, Azani said:

I believe that you are mistaken; sorry. He and I have actually discussed this sort of thing (for better or for worse :hmpf_bad:) and I don't believe that Ryan said that at any point along the line.

My mistake, sorry. I watched this video again, and I heard "20 anniversary sets" at first, instead of "20th anniversary sets".

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

1 hour ago, Moff Muffins said:

So... 20th anniversary ...that would be of Episode 1 then ... well, I'm sure there will be many other nice sets for an old OT fan :-)

Episode 1 and also Lego Star Wars as a whole :) 

Hey guys, 

So when do we usually start seeing leaked images from the next wave?

Aren't we supposed to get new wave in octomber or december?

Thank you

On 9/21/2018 at 8:12 PM, Khscarymovie4 said:

You can see it right here in the through the entrance.

larsgarage.png

On 9/23/2018 at 10:06 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:
On 9/22/2018 at 11:35 PM, dvogon said:

MandRproductions.

Ok, then I'll take it with a grain of salt. I would be greatly surprised if a Dewback appears in a sort of battlepack format. It would have been far easier to put it into the remake of the cantina set (75205).

i was told he said dewback microfighter. not a battlepack. ??‍♂️

either way neither is happening. 

On 9/19/2018 at 8:48 AM, BacktoBricks said:

...once we know the next wave we only go onto wanting the next.

Perfectly stated!  So Perfect!

232 pages, currently, about what the next sets are, what's in the next wave, what figures should be made, wishlists that sneak in when they aren't allowed, full thoughts on every detail of the prospective releases even though the lists aren't finalized or official, a lot of "I haven't been keeping up, can you please tell me about the thing that I could look back a few pages to find but I'm just a lazy bastard,"...at least the off topic comments have decreased.  Oops, I may have just jinxed that!

On 9/20/2018 at 6:00 PM, Azani said:

To be frank, I have meant to update the "news" thread with my list for some time now, but time and time again I have considered it prudent to wait for the mods here to open a 2019 thread first. That said, with this post in mind, I might swing by and add my list into the contemporaneous news thread just to keep it accessible for those who are interested in simply browsing this thread in a casual sort of manner.

If you have any long-term or indefatigable concerns around/regarding the truthfulness of the list that I've been sending around, you are welcome to shoot me a PM requesting evidence to the contrary. For what it's worth, I have zero doubt that my list is 100% legitimate, and I would have no reservations with the idea of sharing proof with the mods here, if that would help us to get on a 2019 track.

I get it, I do.  But at the same time, I need to be careful with what I post, ignorance is not an excuse, not for anyone, especially admins.  As soon as we, the SW staff, feel the need, the 2019 posts will go up...to be filled with more of the same stuff.  I appreciate you holding off from flooding the current topic with items for next year, thank you.

2 hours ago, Tidy said:

i was told he said dewback microfighter. not a battlepack. ??‍♂️

either way neither is happening. 

Wow! Stretching the microfighter concept to came up with a Dewback would be very surprising *huh*. I could only imagine a Dewback (micro)fighting with a Bantha, and that one would be for sure a great set :laugh:.

And as you said, either way neither is happening.

Edited by dvogon

Just now, dvogon said:

And as you said, either way neither is happening.

but it sure makes for great video content ... 

Actually a dewback and bantha with brick built saddles, with a stormie and tusken would make a perfect Juniors dual Microfighter set! 

I would buy my 4 year old several of those!! ;)

1 hour ago, ThousandMoon said:

Actually a dewback and bantha with brick built saddles, with a stormie and tusken would make a perfect Juniors dual Microfighter set! 

I would buy my 4 year old several of those!! ;)

I think I have written to lego every year last four years and expressed who much I desire a molded Bantha,

But I think it will come sooner or later, but not in a micro fighter 20 euro set, that Im pretty sure of