MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

3 hours ago, Aethersprite said:

What are these new Junior sets? Are they like Microfighters?

• I'm pretty sure they're sets with really bigs peices with simple pringted minifigs and special printed pieces

25 minutes ago, JekPorkchops said:

The minifigs in the juniors sets will probably not be simplified, like in other themes, which is good.

well in that case i need to add some more stuff to my to buy list then

I don't expect them to have arm printing though

Yeah... the minifigures in Juniors sets of other themes are the same level of design as regular sets. They haven't simplified them like they did with the SuperHeroes Micro Racer series.

The builds on these smaller sets can be uninteresting to me but I'. keen to see what they do with them and especially what minifigures they include.

It wouldn't make sense for Lego to simplify them. By making them regular quality, they can get adults to pay for $20-$30 sets they wouldn't buy otherwise.

Edited by Alexastor

Juniors minifigs are only simple in the sense that most lack alt faces, leg printing, new molds, etc. But then you get exceptions like the Incredibles minifigs which had dual-molded legs and arms, etc... which was probably only possible because those parts were reused across multiple characters.

20 hours ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

It's good to know that the 20th anniversary sets won't be too pricey, I plan on getting them all but there's already too much to buy

If I'm not mistaken, according to MandRproductions, there will be 20 20th anniversary sets.

14 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

If I'm not mistaken, according to MandRproductions, there will be 20 20th anniversary sets.

Oh Neil, that's not gonna be fun for my bank account

32 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Like who is MandRproductions? just somone who makes click-bait videos and wanna be like just2good.

2 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Im just wondering, does the mods here think the list is unreliable? Is that the reason that there is no 2019 thread yet?

The list needs to be more or less confirmed by 2 or more reliable sources I think. :wink:

Edited by Cyberfounder

5 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Im just wondering, does the mods here think the list is unreliable? Is that the reason that there is no 2019 thread yet?

Someone posted something...I have no way to know if it is reliable or not now do I?

And yes, there is a reason that there is not a 2019 thread up yet.

17 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

I am extremely confused with the what is fake and what is considered a reliable rumour at this stage. :laugh:

Me too. ? Not taking anything as more than wishlist at the mo which actually results to knowing nothing. Lego is getting good at stopping leaks it seems as this time last year we had some pretty solid info. But still it is only September after all. And anyway, once we know the next wave we only go onto wanting the next. ? I just really hope we get some good Anniversary PM sets.

22 hours ago, ltzik said:

Like who is MandRproductions? just somone who makes click-bait videos and wanna be like just2good.

Dude, MandRproductions is awesome; you all should check him out :thumbup:

1 minute ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

head meet desk. repeatedly. 

4 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Me too. ? Not taking anything as more than wishlist at the mo which actually results to knowing nothing. Lego is getting good at stopping leaks it seems as this time last year we had some pretty solid info. But still it is only September after all. And anyway, once we know the next wave we only go onto wanting the next. ? I just really hope we get some good Anniversary PM sets.

Let’s just hope we finally get the Naboo Royal Starship, that would make sense. 

2 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Let’s just hope we finally get the Naboo Royal Starship, that would make sense. 

Wouldn't it just. :)

Edited by BacktoBricks

On 9/18/2018 at 6:40 PM, ltzik said:

They're both on the same benchmark of "quality" and aren't relevant here.

On 9/19/2018 at 12:00 PM, RealGeronimo11 said:

Nice try, MandR

On 9/18/2018 at 11:05 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I believe that you are mistaken; sorry. He and I have actually discussed this sort of thing (for better or for worse :hmpf_bad:) and I don't believe that Ryan said that at any point along the line.

On 9/17/2018 at 8:22 PM, Aethersprite said:

What are these new Junior sets? Are they like Microfighters?

They run through a bit of spectrum, from 60-70 elements up through the 191 that the Slave I includes, so I would tangentially assume that they are distinctly larger and more properly proportioned than a standard Microfighter, while lacking in stickers and intrinsically complex elements à la the majority of the Juniors™ kits that TLG has been putting out for the last three or four years.

It's worth noting that the "Juniors" label isn't something that folks such as Ryan and myself have arbitrarily affixed to the four sets in question; it's not that we're attempting to generalize or compartmentalize a new line/subtheme that TLG is putting out. Our sources have explicitly named these as "Juniors" sets, on several occasions. Across a number of "traditional"-type themes (SW, Super Heroes, TLM2), TLG will be integrating Juniors sets into the numbering schemes that have previously been reserved for system-scale kits released with the respective themes. So, these SW "Juniors" sets will literally be just that - your typical LEGO Juniors kits with SW branding and designs, released within the 75___ numbering scheme. All four of these are set to release in January with the mainline wave.

On 9/18/2018 at 7:20 PM, Stash2Sixx said:

Someone posted something...I have no way to know if it is reliable or not now do I?

And yes, there is a reason that there is not a 2019 thread up yet.

To be frank, I have meant to update the "news" thread with my list for some time now, but time and time again I have considered it prudent to wait for the mods here to open a 2019 thread first. That said, with this post in mind, I might swing by and add my list into the contemporaneous news thread just to keep it accessible for those who are interested in simply browsing this thread in a casual sort of manner.

If you have any long-term or indefatigable concerns around/regarding the truthfulness of the list that I've been sending around, you are welcome to shoot me a PM requesting evidence to the contrary. For what it's worth, I have zero doubt that my list is 100% legitimate, and I would have no reservations with the idea of sharing proof with the mods here, if that would help us to get on a 2019 track.

13 hours ago, SCREDEYE said:

They're both on the same benchmark of "quality" and aren't relevant here.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that neither are relevant here, but I would hope that we can hold a civil, intelligent, and engaging discussion without having to cite either of them, yes.

On 9/19/2018 at 10:00 AM, RealGeronimo11 said:

I appreciate some of his content, but for those who want a real calculated, careful, in-depth look at anything, you'd want to look elsewhere. My instinct leads me to want to criticize his style, but I don't want to be missing the forest for the trees here.

I don't implicitly vouch for anything that appears in any of his 2019 news videos, but since we both have access to some legitimate information, there is bound to be some overlap.

I don’t watch Youtubers with any kind of regularity but someone pointed me towards a video of someone that appeared to fake a reaction to receiving a parcel of fake Lego. It turns out it was MandR. My impression with his channel is that he does know somebody that is giving him correct information regarding releases at times but he also takes info from other sources with no substance at all so there’s a bit of a scattergun approach. 

Because of that I’d take each prediction with a pinch of salt, although there’s a ‘chance’ of it being correct.