MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

21 minutes ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

New Resistance video

Youtube

Finally a closer look on the ships, pilot outfits and droids. This gonna be cool sets.

Meh. I would much rather see sets from season 4 of Rebels

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

On 9/12/2018 at 1:49 AM, Lego-Freak said:

I can't recall the rumoured set list, but I think there was at least one unspecified microfighter on there, wasn't there? Dallow piloting a resistance bomber microfighter would make way more sense than him being in a alleged Raddus set (a rumoured set that doesn't originate from one of our trusted informants IIRC, but I digress). Then again, we did get Poe and Holdo in the previous bomber set... :grin:

There were six unspecified microfighter kits on there, so I would suspect that it's a serious possibility. There's also the unknown 75231 and 75232...

7 hours ago, TWRAddict said:

New Droideka model included with October French magazines. 

f9jbpi.jpg

Looks like a TCW design but I hate it when they can't fold or articulate properly

9 hours ago, TWRAddict said:

New Droideka model included with October French magazines. 

*snip*

This kinda looks like how a droideka would look in one of those hypershaded 90s anime.

I'd say it's actually one of the better official droideka designs. It looks like it can fold up pretty well actually. It does indeed look like a TCW version with its shorter legs. Like that with this and the Dwarf Spider Droid, the magazines give the Separatist army some love as they have been absent in recent sets.

1 hour ago, SCREDEYE said:

Looks like a TCW design but I hate it when they can't fold or articulate properly

Looks accurate enough, but I've been longing for one that folds up properly!

11 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Meh. I would much rather see sets from season 4 of Rebels

I would love to have a remake of the TIE defender

On 9/14/2018 at 11:24 AM, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I think if Lego made Force Ghosts they would be more like the recent ghost minifigures Lego has released like Captain Salazar and Nearly Headless Nick

It’s also possible LEGO would do a force ghost similarly to the black series force ghost Obi-Wan with a mix between solid and transparent colors. After all, force ghosts do have colors besides blue. Look at Yoda in TLJ. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=black+series+force+ghost+obi+wan&safe=active&client=safari&hl=en-us&prmd=sniv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiK0PrwrL3dAhUGneAKHSm_BtIQ_AUIEygD&biw=375&bih=553#imgrc=yHKbEmc51k7jFM:

Edited by Peppybricks
Added link

8 hours ago, DarthR2-D2 said:

Wouldn't the way Nearly Headless Nick was done in the HP Great Hall set work?

He has more of a whiteish look and the force ghost are more bluish, I'd imagine they use light blue pieces for them

17 hours ago, GryffindorResistance said:

Is there a Star Wars 2019 forum yet?

I don't think so, but I hope we get one as well as some more rumors about 2019 too!

23 hours ago, GryffindorResistance said:

Is there a Star Wars 2019 forum yet?

If done like in the recent past, first a 2019 Set Discussion forum would be on made and on standby and when the first image(s) from 2019 sets would leak, the forum would go live to all members for discussion.

So according to new rumors, it sounds like we might be getting a Juniors Slave I and a System Slave I. Fingers crossed for Jango’s, but if it’s Boba’s again then hopefully it will finally include Zuckuss

I know it's definitely a <1% chance but I'm hoping inferno squad was mistaken for clone force 99 but the 3. Minifig "confirmation" seems to point to that it's the former which is kind of disappointing.If they do inferno squad I hope they include the 4th member who died early on as well.

Inferno Squad BP would be the highlight of almost any wave for me. Any OT era Imperials or Rebels especially pilots. Still not sure how a Dewback BP would work. It all sees very repetitive, they have Ewback in the old Cantina, then the Sandtrooper in the new Cantina, then more Sandtroopers in the dropship, now more Sandtroopers with this. There's a perfect moulded Dewback already and I can't see them putting that in a £12 set with some figures. So why would they make a smaller, poorer brick built version?

Sounds like a huge year ahead if the rumors are true. Really hope the system scale Slave I pans out. Its been almost a decade since the last one and they have the potential to really improve on it with the techniques used on the UCS set. Don't have much preference between Boba or Jango's version - both need an update at some point and either version could come with some interesting side characters (Taun We, Lama Su, Zuckuss, Bespin Escape Leia)

Anakin's Podracer is another to look forward to if true. 2019 is not only the 20th anniversary of Lego Star Wars but also The Phantom Menace so I'm hoping we'll see a few Episode I sets to celebrate the occassion. Not to mention the podracer is a good opportunity to finally release Shmi and TPM C-3PO as minifigures.

Another Snowspeeder after so many isn't terribly exciting but I'd be interested in seeing how they redesign it to accommodate the new rebel helmets. More pilots using the new helmet mold are always welcome. The Juniors Death Star playset has caught my interest if only for Classic Leia being released in a cheap set and potentially using the new skirt piece.

The Dewback microfighter sounds like a questionable choice. Wouldn't the Imperial Landing Craft been a better option to complement the Droid Escape Pod? Still its another way to get more Sandtroopers.

Not really interested in an Inferno Squad battlepack. Just never cared much for the characters in the game. Rey vs Kylo would be an easy pass as I already have the figures and can't imagine a set based on the Starkiller Base duel alone being that great.

23 minutes ago, wesker said:

Just never cared much for the characters in the game. 

*oh2* How can you say that???!!! So compelling and well fleshed-out characters!!! The most amazing story since....FOReVER *huh* - OK sorry, I'll stop Off-ing...but hey, so cool looking new troopers, they have stripes! and logos! on their armor!:excited:

Is it really that viable that they're releasing another Slave-I? There is one in Betrayal of cloud city too after all, although yes I know, not system scale. 

But I guess more viable then yet ANOTHER snowspeeder, after the recent UCS version, plus the sand-color one they just did, which was basically the old one with fins...

Unfortunately though, the new movies don't give that much material either, I already fear the day when they start releasing sets based on the new Resistance series....those are some uninspired designs....

75223 {Classic Microfighter}, 10$ and 62 pieces
75224 {Classic Microfighter}, 10$ and 92 pieces
75225 {Praetorian Guard Battle Pack}, 15$ and 109 pieces
75226 {Clone Battle Pack (Inferno Squad - Versio, Hask abd Meeko?)}, 15$ and 118 pieces
75227 {Microfighter Dual Pack (Droid Escape Pod vs Dewback?)}, 20$ and 177 pieces
75228 {Microfighter Dual Pack}, 20$
75229 {Great Vehicle Escape (Canto Bight??)}, 30$ and 329 pieces
75233 {Droid Gunship}, 50$ and 389 pieces
75234 {AT-AP} 60$ 689
75235 {Juniors X-Wing}, 30$
75236 {Juniors Slave I}, 20$ and 191 pieces
75237 {Juniors TIE Fighter}, 20$ and 77 pieces
75238 {(Juniors Death Star with Luke, Leia and Stormtrooper?)}, 30$ and 193 pieces
75239 {Unknown}, 30$ 235
75240 {Villain Ship (Lego Star Wars May 4th)}, 70$ and 496 pieces
75241 {Unknown}, 60$ and 504 pieces
75242 {Unknown}, 50$ and 396 pieces
75243 {Slave I}, 120$ and 1007 pieces
75244 {UCS}
75245 {Unknown}
75246 {Unknown}
75247 {Juniors A-Wing}, 15$ and 62 pieces
75248 {Unknown}
75249 {Unknown}
75250 {Unknown}
75251 {Unknown}
75252 {Unknown}
75253 {Unknown}
75254 {Unknown}
75255 {Unknown}
75256 {Unknown}
75257 {Unknown}
75258 {Confidential 20th Anniversary Set}, 30$ and 279 pieces
75259 {Confidential 20th Anniversary Set}, 40$ and 309 pieces
75260 {Confidential 20th Anniversary Set}
75261 {Confidential 20th Anniversary Set}, 30$ and 250 pieces
75262 {Confidential 20th Anniversary Set}, 20$
XxXxX {Small Anakin's Podracer}
XxXxX {Snow Speeder}
XxXxX {Juniors shooting game with target disc and arrow thing}
XxXxX {Hoth addition to shooting game}
XxXxX {Endor addition to shooting game}

January - big wave
April - 20th Anniversary sets
May - May The 4th UCS set and other May The 4th sets
June - small wave
September (Force Friday) - Episode IX sets

20$ for 77 pieces in the Junior TIE? Those must be some huge pieces.

120$ for Slave I, interesting. The 2010 Slave I had about 550 pieces. I woner where those 450 additional pieces will go?

Some good stuff on this list. Looking forward to what TLG has to offer for the 20th anniversary sets. They all seem small-ish.

Edited by Terrasher

That is a lot of sets! My local supermarkets haven't even managed to get the August wave on their shelves yet. They're going to have fun next year. ?