MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

1 minute ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Could be a double microfighter set with a Resistance Bomber and a first Order Star Destroyer. That would be pretty cool

The Raddus is a ship in TLJ most likely named after the Admiral Raddus from Rogue One

Oooohh, that explains things, thanks!

Regards,
Mitch

15 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It seems we have our first look at a Star Wars 2019 minifigure! It’s Finch Dallow it seems!

Do you have a username or tags to find this?

Finch Dallow looks nice enough to persuade me to keep a hold of my Resistance Bomber, was considering selling it. Wouldn't be too surprised if it is a dual microfighter set with the dreadnought as its opponent for example, would be nice to see Captain Canady in minifigure form. 

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:49 PM, MKJoshA said:

This is not the place for personal opinions about the movies. Please stay on topic in talking about the Lego sets.

Just picked up on this and while I agree that the language used to describe The Last Jedi is badly out of place on this forum, you can`t dismiss the emotions around the current Star Wars Universe. We as adults mostly collect Lego , because it connects us to something that has great enjoyable memories, for me it`s being a teenager back in 1977 and seeing a "A New Hope" for the first time . The current divisions amongst the fan base has had a definate impact on sales of action figures..etc..I wonder if this has transferred over to Lego in any way..It would be interesting to know how Lego sets based on the recent Star Wars film series ,stack up sales-wise to the older themes. A good one would be  the 2 training sets out now at the same price;..classic Yoda ,mentoring young Luke and older Luke mentoring Rey..is there any way to find this out...?

p.s ..looking forward to the new Clone Wars and any subsequent Lego that comes our way!

1 hour ago, r5-j2 said:

Just picked up on this and while I agree that the language used to describe The Last Jedi is badly out of place on this forum, you can`t dismiss the emotions around the current Star Wars Universe.

I'm not discounting anyone's emotions. But those emotions don't belong in this thread. There are other General Star Wars topic threads for that.

16 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

I'm not discounting anyone's emotions. But those emotions don't belong in this thread. There are other General Star Wars topic threads for that.

I agree, regardless of how anyone feels about the movie, there are so many wonderful Lego opportunities in The Last Jedi which is really all that matters in this thread.

Just bought the UCS Porg at Fred Meyer (branch of Kroger) and it was 20% off! Sale ends Saturday, so if you want it check your's and they might just have it.

Finch looks pretty cool. Nice to see we're getting another named pilot. The Bricklink entry for the existing Resistance Bomber Pilot may need to be corrected though as he's clearly not Finch.

6 hours ago, starwars4ever said:

Just bought the UCS Porg at Fred Meyer (branch of Kroger) and it was 20% off! Sale ends Saturday, so if you want it check your's and they might just have it.

I thought the porg released on October? It's not on shop.lego

51 minutes ago, SCREDEYE said:

I thought the porg released on October? It's not on shop.lego

the stores probably released them early just to get more sales

14 hours ago, starwars4ever said:

Ugly as it is, I am not surprised!

Anyone know if any statistics can be found in terms of how well the current 2018 summer sets are selling? I heard rumors that some of them are selling poorly but have found no source on this?

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I think what I want to see the most out of the Lego Star Wars theme are Force ghosts of Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Yoda

Trans clear glow in the dark minifigs would be awesome. Ok, i'd be happy with trans clear. 

If I got a penny for every time people expressed their wishes for transparent minifigs... :laugh: Not that I wouldn't want that too (I do), but trans-clear minifigs simply aren't possible due to the differences between the types of plastics that are used for opaque versus transparent parts :wink: Transparent arms, legs and heads are no big deal, but torsos and hips would be. I'm aware that some bootlegs offer exactly that, but those certainly aren't up to TLG's quality standards, now are they :grin:

39 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

It takes a UCS slot doesn’t it?

No it doesn't. We've had our two UCS sets for this year in the Y-Wing and Cloud City. Although CC is now classified as Master Builder. 

21 hours ago, Air1 said:

Ugly as it is, I am not surprised!

I was skeptical at first as well, but having built it, it looks a lot better in person! Unless you absolutely hated the BB-8 from last year, this set may surprise you.

21 hours ago, Tidy said:

also not UCS.

In my opinion, if it comes with the plaque, it's a UCS set.

6 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

If I got a penny for every time people expressed their wishes for transparent minifigs... :laugh: Not that I wouldn't want that too (I do), but trans-clear minifigs simply aren't possible due to the differences between the types of plastics that are used for opaque versus transparent parts :wink: Transparent arms, legs and heads are no big deal, but torsos and hips would be. I'm aware that some bootlegs offer exactly that, but those certainly aren't up to TLG's quality standards, now are they :grin:

I think if Lego made Force Ghosts they would be more like the recent ghost minifigures Lego has released like Captain Salazar and Nearly Headless Nick

I think the closest we ever got to a transparent minifigure is electro from Spiderman, as far as TLJ goes, I hated the movie, but I bought some of the sets.

P.S. I haven't been keeping track of this thread, does anyone know when the Pretorian guard battle pack is coming out or did that rumor turn out to be false ?

Edited by Dr.Cogg

I guess it's horses for courses. For my part, my family and friends and I really liked TLJ as a grown up, fantasy (yes, including people flying in space) drama. But I wouldn't find myself wanting to re-watch it regularly for escapism. It's not a feel good Return of The Jedi, or ET type film. And in my opinion the new films do not make for interesting lego sets. The ships and costumes and so on are not splashy, and very much just in the service of the story.

So, Hoth medical is the only recent set I've picked up, and I would like to get my hands on the Sandcrawler. Maybe for Christmas...

Edited by Retro

Technology evolves. New materials, new mechanical properties. We just saw trans clear and trans red technic liftarms in the Chiron. One day they'll find the correct mixture to produce all parts in trans clear.