MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

1 hour ago, KevinMD said:

When did the mine worker get released? Totally missed that one.

Well they were released a few months ago both of them kind of simultaneously, but with kind of limited access. Don’t know exactly where, but have been available on BL for around 15 Euro. This is the first time lego shop release one of them

I purchased both polybags two months ago on Bricklink for around 20€ each. Since I usually buy new sets on the day of release, I miss this sort of promotion most of the time and buying duplicates of sets just to get a freebie isn't really my thing. So, Bricklink it is :grin:

16 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Well they were released a few months ago both of them kind of simultaneously, but with kind of limited access. Don’t know exactly where, but have been available on BL for around 15 Euro. This is the first time lego shop release one of them

I haven't seen it neither in the EU, sigh. It wasn't available as a promotion in the online store as far as I can recall.

The two were available for a time at LEGOLand, which is where the online supply originates from. They have otherwise not been released as a gift-with-purchase promotion in stores. Presumably the Kessel Mine Worker will be a retailer exclusive (one of Target, Walmart, Barnes & Noble, etc. in the U.S., TRU in the EU, etc.) now that LEGO Stores are releasing the Muddy Han poly. But probably not until November since they won't want to compete directly with LEGO's promotional window in October.

6 hours ago, dvogon said:

I haven't seen it neither in the EU, sigh. It wasn't available as a promotion in the online store as far as I can recall.

Han Solo mudtrooper was available at LL Deutschland in July as a GWP. I haven't seen anything about the Kessel Mine Worker being available to the public.

Edited by LEGOscum

On 9/1/2018 at 9:04 AM, darththeling said:

Can't see buying the Porg and displaying it as such... it looks a bit like nightmare fuel, but it has great parts. It might be useful in expanding Cloud City.

If I were you I'd wait until it's on sale, $50 would be a good deal for such rare pieces, plus you get another Porg minibuild.

I'll probably get it to have as a little display piece, I actually like the set.

On 9/1/2018 at 5:13 AM, ltzik said:

I like the new sets

Actually I posted it so it stays in subject, but I want to mention that TLJ sucks and people who think it's good are just fanboys, Disney destroyed the franchise.

Don't be that guy, this website is for Lego discussion, not for you to complain about movies you don't like. It's people like you that ruined the franchise.

46 minutes ago, Mountain Drew said:

If I were you I'd wait until it's on sale, $50 would be a good deal for such rare pieces, plus you get another Porg minibuild.

I'll probably get it to have as a little display piece, I actually like the set.

Yeah, and it will just look plain creepy when you wake up in the middle of the night and see it. It doesn't look too bad, but the mouth kinda looks off, and the back looks really blocky. I prefer the minibuild much much more.

3 hours ago, JarJarBonks said:

Yeah, and it will just look plain creepy when you wake up in the middle of the night and see it. 

Good call. I might get a couple for my roof to scare the possums away.

18 hours ago, LEGOscum said:

Han Solo mudtrooper was available at LL Deutschland in July as a GWP. I haven't seen anything about the Kessel Mine Worker being available to the public.

I still think DJ from TLJ is the best of these polybags, the second being Mudtrooper Han.

Also, since there's no Star Wars movies or shows until Mid-Late next year (besides Resistance), maybe we could see an exclusive fig from the Original or Prequel Trilogy.

Edited by Mountain Drew

i have them all, and am quite partial to the kessel mine worker ... they dropped the ball not giving dj his hat ...

15 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

Forgive my ignorance, but what pieces do you consider rare in the 75230 Porg?  I don't see any particularly interesting parts...

6 minutes ago, Tusserte said:

but what pieces do you consider rare in the 75230 Porg?

Perhaps it's the orange bricks? Orange hasn't been the most common colour. Until the Arctic line anyway.

45 minutes ago, Tidy said:

i have them all, and am quite partial to the kessel mine worker ... they dropped the ball not giving dj his hat ...

I also kind of feel like this hair would look a bit nicer on him, but that's an easy fix.

Lego Minifig, Hair Swept Back with Forelock

23 minutes ago, Tusserte said:

Forgive my ignorance, but what pieces do you consider rare in the 75230 Porg?  I don't see any particularly interesting parts...

Well the curved white pieces would be good for making snow (perhaps for a Hoth or Crait MOC), and the jagged gray pieces would be good for making some sort of mountain or cave (Ahch-To or even a Batcave MOC). And like @LEGOscum said, you get a ton of orange pieces, considering it's not that common of a color, I think you could just buy the set for the pieces (and the mini Porg, of course) and still be happy with the purchase.

2 hours ago, Tidy said:

That's nice. I'd like to have the option to get some of them with Lego purchases, as I do quite often... I missed the Shoretrooper, DJ, the mine worker and now maybe Mudtrooper Han.  

Maybe the only option will be to BL them. But this is a bit sad, IMO.

I would prefer to have more options to get those figures first hand from Lego in more countries, otherwise they'll become too expensive in secondary markets, and I don't think this is a good thing neither for Lego nor for its fans no matter their ages.

Edited by dvogon

2 hours ago, dvogon said:

That's nice. I'd like to have the option to get some of them with Lego purchases, as I do quite often... I missed the Shoretrooper, DJ, the mine worker and now maybe Mudtrooper Han.  

Maybe the only option will be to BL them. But this is a bit sad, IMO.

I would prefer to have more options to get those figures first hand from Lego in more countries, otherwise they'll become too expensive in secondary markets, and I don't think this is a good thing neither for Lego nor for its fans no matter their ages.

The only one I actually got f the lego store as a GWP was the Shoretrooper, but I got DJ and R3-M2 on eBay for <$10 each. They get pretty cheap after a little while. The two Solo ones are like $20 in eBay right now but that’ll go down after October

On 9/4/2018 at 2:25 AM, Balrogofmorgoth said:

The only one I actually got f the lego store as a GWP was the Shoretrooper

It's fair to say that I was able to get yesterday the Shoretrooper from a Lego Store at €4,99 so it's good to have still some options to get the polybags.

Edited by dvogon

7 hours ago, RODDY said:

IGN have a video review of Betrayal At Cloud City up on YouTube.

It's good to see some of the things that weren't shown in the pictures but I still want to know what that trapdoor is for...

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It seems we have our first look at a Star Wars 2019 minifigure! It’s Finch Dallow it seems!

Yeah I just saw that, he looks fantastic! In your professional opinion, do you think he’s from a micro fighter or the rumored Raddus set? Those two are the only sets that make sense in my mind but I suppose it could be something else. I know Finch Dallow is a Resistance Bomber Pilot. Perhaps a bomber micro fighter? Unless he’s in the Raddus just as fluff for the set which I don’t mind in the slightest 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It seems we have our first look at a Star Wars 2019 minifigure! It’s Finch Dallow it seems!

It is indeed Finch Dallow.

Great minifigure and somehow the helmet looks right.I need to see this next to other pilots to make a complete opinion about it. 

I can't recall the rumoured set list, but I think there was at least one unspecified microfighter on there, wasn't there? Dallow piloting a resistance bomber microfighter would make way more sense than him being in a alleged Raddus set (a rumoured set that doesn't originate from one of our trusted informants IIRC, but I digress). Then again, we did get Poe and Holdo in the previous bomber set... :grin:

Why would Raddus and Finch Dallow be in the same set? The first is from Rogue One, and the other from the TFA/TLJ. 
I know LEGO 'misplaces' characters more often, but never into entirely different movies..

Nevertheless, looks like a cool minifigure :thumbup:

Regards,
Mitch

9 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I can't recall the rumoured set list, but I think there was at least one unspecified microfighter on there, wasn't there? Dallow piloting a resistance bomber microfighter would make way more sense than him being in a alleged Raddus set (a rumoured set that doesn't originate from one of our trusted informants IIRC, but I digress). Then again, we did get Poe and Holdo in the previous bomber set... :grin:

Could be a double microfighter set with a Resistance Bomber and a first Order Star Destroyer. That would be pretty cool

1 minute ago, CF Mitch said:

Why would Raddus and Finch Dallow be in the same set? The first is from Rogue One, and the other from the TFA/TLJ. 
I know LEGO 'misplaces' characters more often, but never into entirely different movies..

Nevertheless, looks like a cool minifigure :thumbup:

Regards,
Mitch

The Raddus is a ship in TLJ most likely named after the Admiral Raddus from Rogue One