MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

I like the new sets

Actually I posted it so it stays in subject, but I want to mention that TLJ sucks and people who think it's good are just fanboys, Disney destroyed the franchise.

Gah, why do TLJ haters always have to be so obnoxious, this thread is about the sets, go haunt the film thread with your negative presence :tongue:

B2T: that's quite a nice price for the Porg, can't wait to get it :thumbup: I wonder why it's released now rather than along with the rest of the summer sets, maybe because it serves as a replacement of sorts for the cancelled constraction figures?

3 hours ago, ltzik said:

I like the new sets

What do you like about the new sets?

Which 2018 set from the next wave would you say is the best and why? 

Which 2018 set would you say is the second best?

Which of the new sets do you think would be a good Day 1 purchase? 

Which of the new minifigs is the best out of all of them and ... 

what's the one set from this wave you think was missing and should have been included? 

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

B2T: that's quite a nice price for the Porg, can't wait to get it :thumbup: I wonder why it's released now rather than along with the rest of the summer sets, maybe because it serves as a replacement of sorts for the cancelled constraction figures?

Can't see buying the Porg and displaying it as such... it looks a bit like nightmare fuel, but it has great parts. It might be useful in expanding Cloud City.

Is anyone planning on buying several Porg and having... a Porg party?

4 hours ago, ltzik said:

I like the new sets

Actually I posted it so it stays in subject, but I want to mention that TLJ sucks and people who think it's good are just fanboys, Disney destroyed the franchise.

Look, I didn’t like TLJ either, but it’s produced some great Lego sets and has potential for quite a bit more which is what this thread is about. Visually, it looked great throughout the film and that’s where the excellent potential for great sets comes

han solo mudtrooper poly is free with $35 star wars purchase in october [1st - 14th] in us lego stores.

32 minutes ago, Tidy said:

han solo mudtrooper poly is free with $35 star wars purchase in october [1st - 14th] in us lego stores.

Free? "With $35 purchase" is not free. :wink:

Just now, Tusserte said:

Just saw the LEGO store calendar for October.  It's a $50 Star Wars purchase, not $35 :(

For a limited time only, now even less free!  :laugh:
Ah, well, just keep in mind it's Brick Friday the month after that.  They do like to space out their promotions...
In all seriousness, though, I guess it's not a terrible deal for people who are really into collecting specific figures.  I mean, it's going for $20 on eBay now, which means that the third party price should drop substantially next month.

13 minutes ago, Tusserte said:

Just saw the LEGO store calendar for October.  It's a $50 Star Wars purchase, not $35 :(

https://imgur.com/a/GZzrxwh

the one i downloaded earlier this morning says $35, click the above link.

3 hours ago, Cyberfounder said:

Free? "With $35 purchase" is not free. :wink:

You make a purchase and they give you something free for making that purchase.  If you really want to get into an argument over how TLG words their promotions, then this is not the place to do it.

There has been entirely too much crap in this thread.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, read over the last 10 pages!  If you have a problem with someone, report it, let the mods sort it out.  No more handling these things on your own, it causes too much clutter.  No one here is the Batman of the forums.  Act like Batman and you'll visit the Mods for a lil special time.  If you guys, and girls, choose to express your opinions, then this is the place to do it.  Just know that your opinions can go against someone else's and disagreements might happen.  Act mature people, act as if you all know what to do in here.  Otherwise, I've got no problem locking this up if it turns into a personal battleground.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Don Neimoidte de la Mancha said:

is this the one for Canada? Or US? Or Europe??

When I go on the US site it shows $50 as the price, but when downloaded it says $35 in the PDF version. I wonder if the price point for the GWP was changed, but they didn't update the thumbnail (or vice versa, and the PDF version is wrong). 

On the Canadian version (well, the French Canadian version), there is no mention of the GWP at all.

But we can be sure it isn't the EU version, because it wouldn't be in dollars. 

As for whether it's "free". It is. They choose to give it to you with no additional payment when they receive your custom. You have the choice about whether you want to buy the Lego or not. It's how pretty much every GWP has worked. 

Edited by nikhkin

Regarding the Han Solo Mudtrooper.. does that also go for purchases at S@Hfrom, say, the Netherlands, or really only in US Stores?

The calendar mentions a microfighter launcher, anybody have more info on that?

Edited by Brikkyy13

8 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

The calendar mentions a microfighter launcher, anybody have more info on that?

I imagine it's like the other events they hold in stores. Normally they have a section where you can build a model and send it down a ramp. 

It's probably a Star Wars themed version.

18 hours ago, darththeling said:

Is anyone planning on buying several Porg and having... a Porg party?

I hope not. You'll have to have a Chewie to go along with them too!

21 hours ago, Tidy said:

That figure is quite good. Let's hope we'll have that promotion in EU as well. We hadn't any one for the shoretrooper (except in the UK)

Edited by dvogon

1 hour ago, dvogon said:

That figure is quite good. Let's hope we'll have that promotion in EU as well. We hadn't any one for the shoretrooper (except in the UK)

The Shoretrooper was only available in-store in the UK as well, not online, Making it much easier to miss out.

49 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

The Shoretrooper was only available in-store in the UK as well, not online, Making it much easier to miss out.

I think the Solo wave had enough Han’s already so I would have wished for something else instead. But appreciate a new colour of his hair. Let’s hope it will be the same promo in EU

I just read a text in a Star Wars Encyclopedia about the Mud troopers before I opened this post.

They also mentioned Han Solo. It's quite interesting that there will be a Han Solo Mudtrooper. It's a pity that he has no helmet. On his stand there is a pin. Will there maybe come more Star Wars Special Minifigs in the next month?

11 minutes ago, Robin_IV said:

I just read a text in a Star Wars Encyclopedia about the Mud troopers before I opened this post.

They also mentioned Han Solo. It's quite interesting that there will be a Han Solo Mudtrooper. It's a pity that he has no helmet. On his stand there is a pin. Will there maybe come more Star Wars Special Minifigs in the next month?

well .... the imperial tie has han in mudtrooper armour ... and like in the movie he was one of the mudtroopers who eschewed the mask ... and the mudtrooper han is in the muddy state after being 'arrested' and tossed in the cage with the 'beast' ...

and the muddy han is now the 5th [or 4th, depending on your perception] minifig on a stand with the pins ... in order of release, r3-m2, shoretrooper, dj, kessel mine worker, and mudtrooper han ... 

https://brickset.com/sets/tag-Display-Stand

1 hour ago, Robin_IV said:

On his stand there is a pin. Will there maybe come more Star Wars Special Minifigs in the next month?

He's the most recent in a series that have the stands. I think it is the new standard for Star Wars polybags.

1 hour ago, Tidy said:

and the muddy han is now the 5th [or 4th, depending on your perception] minifig on a stand with the pins ... in order of release, r3-m2, shoretrooper, dj, kessel mine worker, and mudtrooper han ... 

https://brickset.com/sets/tag-Display-Stand

When did the mine worker get released? Totally missed that one.