MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

1 minute ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

simple but elegant builds

That's what I'm hoping for. Small scale versions of the ships, but with less of the cartoonishness / caricature style of the Micro Fighters.

11 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

That's what I'm hoping for. Small scale versions of the ships, but with less of the cartoonishness / caricature style of the Micro Fighters.

Exactly. Kinda like the Slave I from CC. Nice and small, still fits minifigures, but looks great too

9 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Exactly. Kinda like the Slave I from CC. Nice and small, still fits minifigures, but looks great too

I agree! I could see them being very popular! 

Does anyone remember the previous Slave 1? I always found it funny that the cockpit moved with the wings, poor Boba is literally banging about in that thing non-stop when in flight mode.

Not that I go around flying Slave 1 around my house or anything...not at 26 *oh2*:blush:

3 hours ago, LegoAndDisney said:

Does anyone remember the previous Slave 1? I always found it funny that the cockpit moved with the wings, poor Boba is literally banging about in that thing non-stop when in flight mode.

Not that I go around flying Slave 1 around my house or anything...not at 26 *oh2*:blush:

I don't mind Boba having a rotating cockpit, but I hated how disproportionate that feature made the wings look while in flight mode. They were hanging far too low and it looked horrible! Thankfully both the UCS set and Cloud City's mini build have corrected the wing orientation in flight mode so hopefully future system scale releases will reflect that.

Just saw this new trailer:

Lots of small racer/fighter ships that'd be perfect for Junior sets. Coincidence? Yeah, tell your grandma :laugh:

Edited by m4st3rt3ch

I don't really know how to respond to that trailer... apparently all the characters got heart though. Except for Yeager. He is just old school.

12 hours ago, LegoAndDisney said:

We all spend more than we should on LEGO, might as well get our money’s worth. Slave I in one hand, X-Wing in the other... 

12 hours ago, LegoAndDisney said:

Haha, well I do and Im 35 :)

I already liked the first trailer, the second made me like it even more. Definitely looks better than Rebels. Stop the clip to have a better look at all those ships and speeder bikes and who is the red guy at 0:47? Someone at starwars-union.de suggested a "First Order Red Baron". Can't wait to see sets.

Edited by m4st3rt3ch

14 minutes ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

I already liked the first trailer, the second made me like it even more. Definitely looks better than Rebels. Stop the clip to have a better look at all those ships and speeder bikes and who is the red guy at 0:47? Someone at starwars-union.de suggested a "New Order Red Baron". Can't wait to see sets.

I haven't watched any of the new animated SW kid-shows. But that trailer looks very good.

And, I love the potential this gives us for new SW ships, aliens and locations in Lego-form. 

33 minutes ago, LegoFjotten said:

I don't really know how to respond to that trailer... apparently all the characters got heart though. Except for Yeager. He is just old school.

And apparently, as per usual, the spy is just some guy that doesnt know what hes doing. Thats a trope in movies that gets tiresome.

1 hour ago, m4st3rt3ch said:

Just saw this new trailer:

Lots of small racer/fighter ships that'd be perfect for Junior sets. Coincidence? Yeah, tell your grandma :laugh:

Just hate the way they do the documentary though, it's really awful when they constantly jump from person to person with one liners, never understood why they like to do this so often in the US. It's like they want you to get an epileptic siesure.

Edited by Sneakguest

That new series is just .... for kids.

it is even worse than TCW and Rebels. I really hope for some serious stuff from that “real life” series...

2 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

That new series is just .... for kids.

it is even worse than TCW and Rebels. I really hope for some serious stuff from that “real life” series...

I wouldn't expect any "seriousness" from Disney. So far, everything this company has been doing to the Saga was concocting uninteresting cringy stories with uninteresting characters, making big money because of its name and old folks.
The only ok movie is Rogue One. Other stuff is just horrible.

I dunno man, Solo was pretty damn good. I think Lucasfilm have been doing really solid work with anthologies.

2 hours ago, Bartybum said:

I dunno man, Solo was pretty damn good. I think Lucasfilm have been doing really solid work with anthologies.

Agreed. I loved The Force Awakens, the only one I didn’t like was The Last Jedi. I hope we get more Rogue One sets soon, I’m dying for Galen Erso, Mon Mothma, and Saw Gererra minifigs

19 hours ago, wesker said:

I don't mind Boba having a rotating cockpit, but I hated how disproportionate that feature made the wings look while in flight mode. They were hanging far too low and it looked horrible! Thankfully both the UCS set and Cloud City's mini build have corrected the wing orientation in flight mode so hopefully future system scale releases will reflect that.

But that takes out the play feature, and I would have preferred the UCS to have a rotating cockpit! Could it be possible be done on its own?

6 hours ago, AndrewShun said:

I wouldn't expect any "seriousness" from Disney. So far, everything this company has been doing to the Saga was concocting uninteresting cringy stories with uninteresting characters, making big money because of its name and old folks.
The only ok movie is Rogue One. Other stuff is just horrible.

I agree. Sadly, I didn't really enjoy any one of the new movies, and the ok one would be TLJ

11 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

We all spend more than we should on LEGO, might as well get our money’s worth. Slave I in one hand, X-Wing in the other... 

If only we had 4 arms, Millenium Falcon could be in the other! :laugh:

I'm 45 and I swooshed a Hasbro 2010 Snowspeeder earlier this afternoon. My Slave 1 was swooshed yesterday when I dusted it. Don't even ask me how I got on with the X-Wing, Vader's TIE and his two wingmen. ;)

That series will likely be unwatchable for me but the design and costumes look alright - excited for a potential green nikto minifigure - I just hope it’s not blindingly bright green!

That old-school character might provide a good face for a Saw Gerrera custom as well!?!

RO and Solo are fantastic films imo, as was TFA - would love some more sets from these films. However the abomination of TLJ has temporarily killed my enjoyment of the latter sadly - hopefully episode 9 will pull it back together! :/

Some close up pics on Flickr of the Merrick helmet - lovely stuff... and a head with a tan tache - splendid! :)

2 hours ago, ThousandMoon said:

RO and Solo are fantastic films imo, as was TFA - would love some more sets from these films. However the abomination of TLJ has temporarily killed my enjoyment of the latter sadly - hopefully episode 9 will pull it back together! :/

I'm right there with you! Struggling to find any enthusiasm for IX :(

Merrick's helmet looks great! Glad it's the classic helmet design. The Advent Calendar has turned up on eBay now. Can't be long until it turns up in the shops.

14 minutes ago, Renegade Clone said:

I'm right there with you! Struggling to find any enthusiasm for IX :(

Merrick's helmet looks great! Glad it's the classic helmet design. The Advent Calendar has turned up on eBay now. Can't be long until it turns up in the shops.

They can't give us an update one yet, first have to milk the old design (which I like more, thank goodness). But still it seems a little silly. :sadnew:

TLJ has some fantastic scenes (Tree, Showdown on Crait, Thrown Room already made, etc) that can actually be turned into sets even though people argue the film is absent of value, though not a vehicle based. I also like the yacht from Solo although I found the film's script kind of boring. But I think the fact that action figures aren't as popular as the 80s, that every Disney film so far is aesthetically copying from old designs (which is fine with me, in terms of narrative logic), and the films are designed around making a good or at least entertaining story appealing to Gen X OG fans and millennials rather than around a multitude of art designs like George Lucas did with the prequels to sell toys leaves the set options thin. Furthermore keeping fans from getting invested is the overpricing of all new Star Wars toys. I like the No Man Sky esque vehicles from that Resistance trailer though.

Edited by the last chronicler