MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

Do we have a list of sets we are expecting to see?  I have seen a couple now and not sure if they were deemed as fake? 

33 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Do we have a list of sets we are expecting to see?  I have seen a couple now and not sure if they were deemed as fake? 

If you're referring to the detailed descriptions of the Star Wars January sets — Zuckuss in Slave I, Resistance Juniors sets, etc., as well as HP Chamber of Secrets, Room of Requirement, Diagon Alley, etc. — those have been debunked as fake.

But, people keep referring to them as though they may be real, because, well, people don't bother to read.

The list of set names (without descriptions) that Azani provided is the most credible info so far.

53 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

If you're referring to the detailed descriptions of the Star Wars January sets — Zuckuss in Slave I, Resistance Juniors sets, etc., as well as HP Chamber of Secrets, Room of Requirement, Diagon Alley, etc. — those have been debunked as fake.

But, people keep referring to them as though they may be real, because, well, people don't bother to read.

The list of set names (without descriptions) that Azani provided is the most credible info so far.

Correction: they have been debunked as PROBABLY fake. With future Lego sets, there are no absolutes until there are. Everything is speculation until there is solid evidence. Remember that Voldemort minifigure leak that everyone insisted was fake and turned out to be real? Odds are the lists are totally fake, but until we have solid information, no one knows with 100% certainty. (Except for the one or two people on here thatbthink they know absolutely everything. If you’ve been keeping up with this thread for a while, you know who I’m talking about)

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

41 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Correction: they have been debunked as PROBABLY fake. With future Lego sets, there are no absolutes until there are. Everything is speculation until there is solid evidence. Remember that Voldemort minifigure leak that everyone insisted was fake and turned out to be real? Odds are the lists are totally fake, but until we have solid information, no one knows with 100% certainty. (Except for the one or two people on here thatbthink they know absolutely everything. If you’ve been keeping up with this thread for a while, you know who I’m talking about)

Yeah, sure, anything is possible. But honestly, this is how these fake leaks live on. Because there's even a remote chance there might be a sliver of truth in them, all evidence to the contrary is ignored. To those of us who have been reading EB for the last several years, the fakes are painfully obvious to spot. Too many minifigs in the sets. Minifig lists pulled straight from fans' wishlists. Eye-witness accounts of sets long before anyone would realistically have access to photos or the sets themselves. Precisely detailed descriptions in some areas (the elaboration of a bad liar) and curious vagaries in others (obfuscating inaccuracies once they are revealed).

Diagon Alley has been revealed to be a ~$20 microbuild that bears no resemblance to the set described in that "leak". Slave I has been revealed to be a $20 Juniors set that, again, doesn't line up with the "leak". Either of these should be enough to prove that this "leak" is nothing more than ForceGhostSolo (or a wannabe FGS) screwing around with everyone here, yet again. (This is where someone inevitably says: "well, there could be another larger Slave I and another, larger Diagon Alley, and well, maybe the leaker just got the set numbers mixed up, and well, maybe LEGO switched the sets around, or pushed them to April, and, well...")

No one here is right 100% of the time —even Azani will tell you he's been wrong a few times — but people here would be smart to trust information that comes from established, reliable sources over sounds-too-good-to-be-true "leaks" published anonymously via random Instagrammers. If it looks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck, pretty good chance that it's a...

51 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Yeah, sure, anything is possible. But honestly, this is how these fake leaks live on. Because there's even a remote chance there might be a sliver of truth in them, all evidence to the contrary is ignored. To those of us who have been reading EB for the last several years, the fakes are painfully obvious to spot. Too many minifigs in the sets. Minifig lists pulled straight from fans' wishlists. Eye-witness accounts of sets long before anyone would realistically have access to photos or the sets themselves. Precisely detailed descriptions in some areas (the elaboration of a bad liar) and curious vagaries in others (obfuscating inaccuracies once they are revealed).

Diagon Alley has been revealed to be a ~$20 microbuild that bears no resemblance to the set described in that "leak". Slave I has been revealed to be a $20 Juniors set that, again, doesn't line up with the "leak". Either of these should be enough to prove that this "leak" is nothing more than ForceGhostSolo (or a wannabe FGS) screwing around with everyone here, yet again. (This is where someone inevitably says: "well, there could be another larger Slave I and another, larger Diagon Alley, and well, maybe the leaker just got the set numbers mixed up, and well, maybe LEGO switched the sets around, or pushed them to April, and, well...")

No one here is right 100% of the time —even Azani will tell you he's been wrong a few times — but people here would be smart to trust information that comes from established, reliable sources over sounds-too-good-to-be-true "leaks" published anonymously via random Instagrammers. If it looks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck, pretty good chance that it's a...

I absolutely get what you’re saying, and I trust what the reliable sources say. But anyone can be wrong. I just don’t believe any information no matter where it comes from until there’s evidence. Sometimes there have been sets that sound way too good to be true but end up being real. If someone had told me the Black Gate set from LOTR would come with the Mouth Of Sauron I would have said yeah right Lego would never do that it’s way too good to be true. But it was a very pleasant surprise. All I’m saying is that no information is confirmed until Lego confirms it or we see images. But I definitely lean towards believing the reliable sources over leaks that sound funky

11 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Do you have the list that Azani provided?

4 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Do you have the list that Azani provided?

may i recommend a simple search of this thread???

I guess people are still pushing the Praetorian Guards battle pack. Theres a rumor going around that its going to be called Elite Guard Battle Pack and the price is going to be $14.99. The set number is 75225. 

I wouldn't completely trust anything until we get some pics, or until a reliable source can confirm.

11 minutes ago, Mountain Drew said:

I guess people are still pushing the Praetorian Guards battle pack. Theres a rumor going around that its going to be called Elite Guard Battle Pack and the price is going to be $14.99. The set number is 75225. 

I wouldn't completely trust anything until we get some pics, or until a reliable source can confirm.

it is coming ... that i can confirm ... whether it is 4 of the same guard as snoke's fungeon, or 2 of 2 new varieties or what, is the unknown ... but a battle pack called elite praetorian xxx is coming under set number 75225 ... and yeah, like all battle packs in the us it is 14.99 ...

The question remains, whether a BP is allowed to include two exclusive moulds that probably won't be reused anytime soon :shrug_oh_well: One is ok as the Elite Clone Trooper (2012), Republic Troopers (2013), First Order (2016), Bounty Hunter (2017) and Imperial Patrol (2018) BPs have clearly demonstrated, but two? If there's only one new design, I hope it's the one that was already released as a constraction figure since that's my favourite out of the three helmet designs :thumbup: It'll also be interesting to see what kind of silly vehicle they came up with for this set :head_back:

Oh, and in disappointing news, I heard that the Disney streaming service (now officially called Disney Play) won't be available until Fall 2019. So that means that we have to wait a full year to see Season 7 of Clone Wars, and that means that toys based on the show (or to be more accurate, Season 7) won't come out until then, including Lego.

But at least I can binge watch Clone Wars over the summer so that I'm all caught up by Fall.

39 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The question remains, whether a BP is allowed to include two exclusive moulds that probably won't be reused anytime soon :shrug_oh_well: One is ok as the Elite Clone Trooper (2012), Republic Troopers (2013), First Order (2016), Bounty Hunter (2017) and Imperial Patrol (2018) BPs have clearly demonstrated, but two? If there's only one new design, I hope it's the one that was already released as a constraction figure since that's my favourite out of the three helmet designs :thumbup: It'll also be interesting to see what kind of silly vehicle they came up with for this set :head_back:

The third helmet could be accurately represented with the mandalorian helmet piece. If LEGO realises that too and is willing to give us the T-shaped helmet then we could have all 3 guard types 

Just now, Brikkyy13 said:

The third helmet could be accurately represented with the mandalorian helmet piece. If LEGO realises that too and is willing to give us the T-shaped helmet then we could have all 3 guard types 

Except the current helmet has moulded grooves while the Mandalorian Helmet piece would either have to be printed or left blank... But I could live with that if it meant being able to get all three variants :thumbup:

3 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

Oh, and in disappointing news, I heard that the Disney streaming service (now officially called Disney Play) won't be available until Fall 2019. So that means that we have to wait a full year to see Season 7 of Clone Wars, and that means that toys based on the show (or to be more accurate, Season 7) won't come out until then, including Lego.

But at least I can binge watch Clone Wars over the summer so that I'm all caught up by Fall.

Do you even think they will release Clone Wars sets though? After all, Lego is a kids toys, and most people who grew up watching the show are now most likely adults. As an aside, I too will be binge-watching the show. :laugh:

1 hour ago, Legolost said:

Do you even think they will release Clone Wars sets though? After all, Lego is a kids toys, and most people who grew up watching the show are now most likely adults. As an aside, I too will be binge-watching the show. :laugh:

I am 150% sure they will make sets based on the Clone Wars. I mean, it's basically a cash cow. Plus, most people who watched the show probably bought the toys/ merchandise, so I'm sure they'll buy another wave of Clone Wars stuff now that they have actual money (including me).

BTW,  I rewatched the whole series last summer, and it definitely holds up.

Edited by Mountain Drew

For OT fans the 2019 winter wave seems to be very lame again since there isn't listed one System scale OT set! :sadnew:

So I hope that there'll be at least one Exclusive (at the best Owen's Homestead with Owen, Lars, Luke and a droid) and maybe a small set in spring (at the best a little Endor scenery).

But in principle we OT fans can't complain - we got many great OT sets in 2018. Plus for summer 2019 there has to be some OT stuff since it's the 20th birthday of Lego SW.

36 minutes ago, Mountain Drew said:

I am 150% sure they will make sets based on the Clone Wars. I mean, it's basically a cash cow. Plus, most people who watched the show probably bought the toys/ merchandise, so I'm sure they'll buy another wave of Clone Wars stuff now that they have actual money (including me).

BTW,  I rewatched the whole series last summer, and it definitely holds up.

Maybe for us, but I'm trying to figure out what the appeal for an 8-14 year old who has never heard of the show before would be, other than that it's Star Wars and has clones in it... but maybe I just answered my own question lol. In any case, I would certainly buy any and all Clone Wars sets that Lego would make (I'm praying that Lego in its omnipotence is reading this forum right now and seeing all of our excitement). :moar: And that's awesome, now I'm stoked. 

Edited by Legolost

3 hours ago, Legolost said:

Maybe for us, but I'm trying to figure out what the appeal for an 8-14 year old who has never heard of the show before would be, other than that it's Star Wars and has clones in it... but maybe I just answered my own question lol. In any case, I would certainly buy any and all Clone Wars sets that Lego would make (I'm praying that Lego in its omnipotence is reading this forum right now and seeing all of our excitement). :moar: And that's awesome, now I'm stoked. 

Dont want to be a killjoy, but most of the time I would actually prefer that lego wouldnt consider the oppinions in this place too much. They would make waaaay to much display sets if that would be the case. Me personally dont care so much for clone wars, Ive watched it and liked it, but we have numerous of CWs already. Lets have some Rogue one and Solo instead

10 hours ago, Legolost said:

LEGO has continued to make 1-2 CW sets each of the last 4-5 years despite there being no new episodes being produced, even as Rebels aired and chewed up sets in various waves. So it's a pretty safe bet that LEGO will make new CW sets now that there are new episodes being aired to support the sets.

And as for the anecdotal 8-14 year old, a) the series only went off the air 4-5 years ago, so the 14-year-old probably has some awareness of it regardless, and b) even the 8-year-old would have been exposed to it through Netflix. Kids today are increasingly likely to consume media via streaming, and less likely to be watching broadcast/cable TV. (This is part of the reason why CW continues to be popular whereas Rebels, not so much... Rebels isn't on Netflix, while CW is.)

On 8/28/2018 at 4:34 AM, Klaus-Dieter said:

For OT fans the 2019 winter wave seems to be very lame again since there isn't listed one System scale OT set! :sadnew:

So I hope that there'll be at least one Exclusive (at the best Owen's Homestead with Owen, Lars, Luke and a droid) and maybe a small set in spring (at the best a little Endor scenery).

But in principle we OT fans can't complain - we got many great OT sets in 2018. Plus for summer 2019 there has to be some OT stuff since it's the 20th birthday of Lego SW.

deleted

Edited by Sir von Lego

56 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m honestly really excited to see what these Juniors sets look like

Same here. These could be some great, smaller scale ships with nice minifigs. 

Plus, Junior's sets are known for their lack of stickers. That means we could get some prints that will be useful for modifying or MOCing larger versions of the ships. 

22 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

Same here. These could be some great, smaller scale ships with nice minifigs. 

Plus, Junior's sets are known for their lack of stickers. That means we could get some prints that will be useful for modifying or MOCing larger versions of the ships. 

Yeah they can have some surprisingly good minifigures, and some simple but elegant builds (with printed parts!). They’re also a great way to get some larger pieces

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth