MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

8 minutes ago, JarJarBonks said:

The pictures came out ages ago. The only things worth getting would probably be merrick, otherwise its pretty bad

I agree, Merrick is tee only one worth getting, especially for that hair piece in dark tan, and I love collecting different Rebel pilot helmets. Is that weird?

3 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I agree, Merrick is tee only one worth getting, especially for that hair piece in dark tan, and I love collecting different Rebel pilot helmets. Is that weird?

No I don't think so. They sure are colourful though!

My brother and I have decided to go halvesies on Cloud City. We divided up the minifigs Fantasy draft style. So I’ll have to get some of them on eBay but I’ll still be saving money by only paying for half the set

7 hours ago, r5-j2 said:

Great thinking..I collect Marvel/D.C. as well as S.W. and have scored some really nice minifigs/parts from Juniors sets and as you pointed out..there are no stickers, just nice printed parts.! 

They're also pretty colorful, which is a plus for me. Those sets are usually great deals.

8 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

My brother and I have decided to go halvesies on Cloud City. We divided up the minifigs Fantasy draft style. So I’ll have to get some of them on eBay but I’ll still be saving money by only paying for half the set

Make sure to get Han and Boba!

13 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

4 hours ago, JarJarBonks said:

No need for Boba if you have the UCS Slave I. My top four picks would be Lando, Bespin Leia, Bespin Luke and Hoth Han (just for the pants).

Edited by jhoya
Typo

18 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

18 hours ago, Graupensuppe said:

In the official pictures of the new advent calendar it looks like General Merrick has a double-sided head, but neither of his face prints features a visor and chin strap so he can't really be displayed wearing his helmet. Can anyone confirm this?

Could be a case of firestar to the rescue again then. 

Well if that's true then that suits me fine given I've got the Firestar Merrick head already, means I only need to buy the helmet, which should be nice and readily available on Bricklink :classic:

Merrick doesn't have a chinstrap printed on either side and also doesn't have a visor print. I'll be using the FS head with mine and a female pilot head with the second Merrick helmet for Verlaine.

And no... Collecting Rebel Pilots is a perfectly normal thing.. the more the better.

8 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Merrick doesn't have a chinstrap printed on either side and also doesn't have a visor print. I'll be using the FS head with mine and a female pilot head with the second Merrick helmet for Verlaine.

And no... Collecting Rebel Pilots is a perfectly normal thing.. the more the better.

If only they would give them all  the same torso... Why the Rogue One pilots and the ANH/ESB/RoTJ are differnt is beyond me...

2 minutes ago, Cyberfounder said:

If only they would give them all  the same torso... Why the Rogue One pilots and the ANH/ESB/RoTJ are differnt is beyond me...

Well the ESB are only different because the Snowspeeder pilots had a thermal jacket on so the design is slightly different. The leg flares are slightly more noticeable on the Yavin pilots due to the black boots I suppose so they didn't put them on the Snowspeeder pilots. All other pilots whether they're X or Y-Wing have the same legs and torso. RO is basically Blue Squadron so we've had U-Wing and X-Wing pilots from there and the U-Wing pilots are shown with a different design so that's understandable. The ROTJ pilots we've had are B and A-Wing so they've had red and green jumpsuits. By that point the rebel fleet was a bit smashed up so the regular squadron names were mixed with different ships across A, B, X & Y-Wings. 

7 hours ago, JarJarBonks said:

Luckily I have the Boba already from the UCS Slave I but I will need to get Han and Lando. He definitely got the better end of the deal with the minifigs but hey I don’t mind it’s a lot of fun anyway and I still won’t be spending nearly as much

On 8/24/2018 at 2:46 AM, nikhkin said:

I highly doubt anyone bought a £650 Lego set just to get a couple of vaguely defined freebies. Surely nobody would actually spend that kind of money just because they might get something in future. 

I also doubt that anyone bought the set for the card and not for the set.

HOWEVER, a lot of us (myself included) stayed up late through the whole night and decided to spend our money on Day 1 in order to get the perk. There was someone on here that mentioned doing gymnastics with their finances to get it Day 1 instead of waiting (which I think is silly - but to each their own)... So while it didn’t change anyone’s mind to buy the set, it likely changed their mind of WHEN to buy the set. Which is a big deal when the set costs so much.

3 hours ago, jhoya said:

No need for Boba if you have the UCS Slave I. My top four picks would be Lando, Bespin Leia, Bespin Luke and Hoth Han (just for the pants).

The blue jacket costume of Han in Cloud City and the UCS Falcon is commonly referred to as Bespin Han. Lego kind of messed up there with the set's description. Hoth Han is meant to be the parka version that came in the Hoth sets. Only in Star Wars fandom do we nitpick each costume having the correct moniker. :tongue:

3 hours ago, Robianco said:

Well the ESB are only different because the Snowspeeder pilots had a thermal jacket on so the design is slightly different. The leg flares are slightly more noticeable on the Yavin pilots due to the black boots I suppose so they didn't put them on the Snowspeeder pilots. All other pilots whether they're X or Y-Wing have the same legs and torso. RO is basically Blue Squadron so we've had U-Wing and X-Wing pilots from there and the U-Wing pilots are shown with a different design so that's understandable. The ROTJ pilots we've had are B and A-Wing so they've had red and green jumpsuits. By that point the rebel fleet was a bit smashed up so the regular squadron names were mixed with different ships across A, B, X & Y-Wings. 

That's quite the explanation. :thumbup:

But I mean the X-Wing and Y-Wing pilots suits, they should be the same. I can understand that the snowspeeder pilots have different suits, since the climate on Hoth is not that hot :tongue: and of course the B-wing and A-wing pilots are completely different designs. 

1 hour ago, Cyberfounder said:

That's quite the explanation. :thumbup:

But I mean the X-Wing and Y-Wing pilots suits, they should be the same. I can understand that the snowspeeder pilots have different suits, since the climate on Hoth is not that hot :tongue: and of course the B-wing and A-wing pilots are completely different designs. 

X and Y-wing pilots do have the same print.

Guys is the chewbacca in the new cloud city new? Previosluy chewie was dark brown and dark tan, however the pictures of cloud city make it look like chewie is dark brown and reddish brown, I would certainly like this to be the case, as it would be more accurate, would just like some confirmation :)

25 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

Guys is the chewbacca in the new cloud city new? Previosluy chewie was dark brown and dark tan, however the pictures of cloud city make it look like chewie is dark brown and reddish brown, I would certainly like this to be the case, as it would be more accurate, would just like some confirmation :)

This is the chewie from cloud city (spoiler due to image size), I don't think they updated him.

Spoiler

75222_1to1_MF_07.jpg

On 8/24/2018 at 10:37 PM, Balrogofmorgoth said:

This is normal. I am nor.....n/m

15 minutes ago, Cyberfounder said:

Im mean the blue and orange suits... :tongue:

Don't the have like the same print but different colour for the torso and leg pieces?

Edited by JarJarBonks

3 hours ago, JarJarBonks said:

Don't the have like the same print but different colour for the torso and leg pieces?

No... they’re pretty different prints on both of those.