MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Cloud City should be discounted for black card holders as penance for not giving us any perks at all for that like they said they would. I would be all over that

I would completely agree, if not for the spectacular Y-WIng blueprints that card holders pulled ahead with a few months back.

That said, you could certainly argue that something a little more tangible is in order, or at least that those who caught hold of an early 75192 should have received some explanation covering why so little has been seen.

19 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I don’t remember. There was a description leak a little while ago, not sure if it was real or not. The one that mentioned Zuckuss. Probably bogus but most likely based on something real. Also, the leaked picture of the Boba minifig with the dual molded arms didn’t end up in CC so my assumption is it’s from that. I suppose I should say “speculation and logic say it’s Boba’s”.

Nope. Definitely bogus, and highly unlikely to be based on something real. You know that it's fake for a number of reasons, but chief among them are the facts that the list claimed that the four Juniors sets would tie into Resistance, and that Zuckuss was coming in the Slave I. If you're wondering why the "leaker" made those claims, it's because he or she didn't yet have the intel. that I had on the Slave I - namely, the fact that it will be a Juniors kit.

If you'd like my thoughts on the issue, we should be starting a 2019 news thread, and adding a bit to the 2018 news thread that explicitly states that said list is fake. It should be pretty clear-cut at this stage in the game.

17 hours ago, nikhkin said:

I wonder if it's because they consider the Junior's sets a different market, so they aren't competing sets. 

My thoughts exactly.

7 hours ago, DEAD1974 said:

...excuse me , but any hint where I can found that so called list?

I wouldn't waste your time. No, we're not getting a battle pack with both Rex & Cody, especially now that virtually everyone else who is in the know on this site has discredited the Wizarding World rumors that came from the same source. Personally speaking, I would have thought that it was legitimate if I was unaware of the info pertaining to the Slave I.

12 minutes ago, Azani said:

I would completely agree, if not for the spectacular Y-WIng blueprints that card holders pulled ahead with a few months back.

That said, you could certainly argue that something a little more tangible is in order, or at least that those who caught hold of an early 75192 should have received some explanation covering why so little has been seen.

Well, at my Lego store at least, they ended up giving out the Y-Wing blueprints to everyone who bought a Y-Wing, even if they weren’t black card holders, so that wasn’t really a perk for any black card holders near me

7 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

I really don’t understand why lego are so reluctant to make Jango’s Slave 1 again, the last time we got that set was 2002.

Because for some reason they don't like to listen to the people who actually buy the sets. 

You might want to get comfortable, I could write a whole book on stuff I've been waiting for Lego to make.

But with Cloud City finally getting updated, and with Obi Wan's Starfighter being redone a few years ago, there is a possibility we could see another Jango's Slave 1, if not a very good one.

16 minutes ago, Mountain Drew said:

Because for some reason they don't like to listen to the people who actually buy the sets. 

You might want to get comfortable, I could write a whole book on stuff I've been waiting for Lego to make.

But with Cloud City finally getting updated, and with Obi Wan's Starfighter being redone a few years ago, there is a possibility we could see another Jango's Slave 1, if not a very good one.

Let’s hope we get it in the summer wave then.  For me the only sets I’m really waiting on are a remake of Jango’s Slave 1 and our first version of the Naboo Royal Starship which is arguably the most iconic ship from the first movie.  

12 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Cloud City should be discounted for black card holders as penance for not giving us any perks at all for that like they said they would. I would be all over that

Has anyone actually tried contacting Lego and asking whether there are any more offers / why there haven't been more? I see a lot of people complaining but nobody has ever indicated that they have complained directly to Lego about it. 

It would be interesting to hear their stance on this, or at least the generic response they send back about it. 

25 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

Has anyone actually tried contacting Lego and asking whether there are any more offers / why there haven't been more? I see a lot of people complaining but nobody has ever indicated that they have complained directly to Lego about it. 

It would be interesting to hear their stance on this, or at least the generic response they send back about it. 

I know a lot of people contacted the customer support including me about that issue many many times. That program is dead. 

That answer came in 10 different languages. 

Hello LEGO® Star Wars™ Fan,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on this brand-new feature of the VIP Program. We hope you will enjoy your limited-edition membership card and the 2018 exclusive offers we are currently working on just for you.

Please note that while we value and read all your feedback, we are not able to respond to every email. If you need any support or have a question, please contact our LEGO experts via service.LEGO.com.

Happy Building!
The LEGO VIP Team
Edited by OrangeChiliPeP

1 minute ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

I know a lot of people contacted the customer support including me about that issue many many times. That program is dead. 

Ah right, so it is a generic response. 

I do wonder what happened to the scheme. It's not like Lego needed to make a false promise to try and get more day-1 sales of a set, so I assume something went wrong along the way.

9 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

Ah right, so it is a generic response. 

I do wonder what happened to the scheme. It's not like Lego needed to make a false promise to try and get more day-1 sales of a set, so I assume something went wrong along the way.

I assume there were some nice perks planned but due to the limited availability in 2017, 4 times in Shop@H Germany, they cancelled them because to many customers were not given the chance to order / buy the UCS MF. The first mail about the new program announcing double VIP points for February also included a picture what will follow in the year showing the DJ minifigure, platinum R2 and a EP7? stormtrooper. I guess that stormtrooper will be the last perk for that hilarious program because he's still missing. I'm absolutely disappointed! 

Edited by OrangeChiliPeP

49 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

You just fell for the "Malibu Stacy with a new hat" trick.  :roflmao:

5 minutes ago, Cyberfounder said:

You just fell for the "Malibu Stacy with a new hat" trick.  :roflmao:

It's not really, though. 

1. I haven't bought the MF.
  2. It was a totally new product, not the same one with a slight gimmick.
  3. I highly doubt anyone bought a £650 Lego set just to get a couple of vaguely defined freebies. Surely nobody would actually spend that kind of money just because they might get something in future. 

12 hours ago, LegoFjotten said:

The Black VIP card has been such a joke, and not even a funny one at that...

Oh well, at least I got an actual physical VIP card out of it.

Yeah, I almost bought the MF just to get the VIP card. Glad I didnt

The MF itself was the reason to buy the MF. It's an incredible set. Giving a limited edition card was also a nice enough touch even if it was just a regular VIP card after wall. Beginning to offer any kind of exclusives was where the issues began. I've never felt cheated about any freebies or offers as that's not why I spent £650 on the set.

Lego WallOfShame: UCS Battle of Hoth and this ugly CC playset something. 

2 hours ago, DEAD1974 said:

any close force Friday date ? if there will be any soon .... of course

Sadly, not. Force Friday is only for the new movies so, there will be one in Fall if 2019 for Episode IX.

2 minutes ago, avengers777 said:

Sadly, not. Force Friday is only for the new movies so, there will be one in Fall if 2019 for Episode IX.

hm... so no discounts till the end of year ... yay, yay for my wallet

9 hours ago, nikhkin said:

I tried yesterday and the guy had no idea what I was talking about. That’s how much of a joke this is. Oh well. I definitely did not buy the MF for those possible perks, I bought it because it’s the most beautiful Lego set in existence and I couldn’t not have it

Just saw a leaked image of the new advent calendar. Pretty uneventful except for the new General Merrick minifig. Blue leader from Rogue One. 

2 minutes ago, Eaglefan344 said:

Just saw a leaked image of the new advent calendar. Pretty uneventful except for the new General Merrick minifig. Blue leader from Rogue One. 

there are official pictures of it on LEGO web

Edited by DEAD1974

In the official pictures of the new advent calendar it looks like General Merrick has a double-sided head, but neither of his face prints features a visor and chin strap so he can't really be displayed wearing his helmet. Can anyone confirm this?

Edited by Graupensuppe

On 8/23/2018 at 1:00 AM, CommanderGrimm said:

I'm excited to see these new Juniors sets; the idea of inexpensive ways to get popular figures as well as providing small and inexpensive ships with printed parts seems worth the purchase. If these juniors sets are based on the Original Trilogy I might pick up a few duplicates and build a chibi army. Trying to decide whether to go Empire or Rebel Alliance.

Great thinking..I collect Marvel/D.C. as well as S.W. and have scored some really nice minifigs/parts from Juniors sets and as you pointed out..there are no stickers, just nice printed parts.! 

47 minutes ago, Graupensuppe said:

In the official pictures of the new advent calendar it looks like General Merrick has a double-sided head, but neither of his face prints features a visor and chin strap so he can't really be displayed wearing his helmet. Can anyone confirm this?

Could be a case of firestar to the rescue again then. 

20171206_193622

His tache is a bit more prominent IRL. 

Edited by Richpepperell

13 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

For me the only sets I’m really waiting on are a remake of Jango’s Slave 1 and our first version of the Naboo Royal Starship which is arguably the most iconic ship from the first movie.  

The most iconic ship from the first movie? More like the whole Prequel Trilogy.

3 hours ago, Eaglefan344 said:

The pictures came out ages ago. The only things worth getting would probably be merrick, otherwise its pretty bad