MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

5 minutes ago, lomis said:

First impression: Wow! That looks amazing!

...and how cool is the side printing on Han's legs?

First thing I noticed! Looks beautiful!

Leia with the Bespin outfit looks great as well. Lando's cape printing looks spot on.

Edited by Brick2x4

meh not fussed, although to be fair play sets don't really appeal to me that much.  I would much rather have had a fully enclosed display model, but then again that's just my opinion and Lego is after all a toy.  The mini figures look great though, that is much more appealing to me.

A little disappointed they didn’t update Han in carbonite for the new hair piece.

Edited by jhoya

1 minute ago, jhoya said:

A little disappointed they didn’t update Han in carbonite for the new hair piece.

The old, flat hair looks much closer to the actual carbonite block than the new hair piece though. 

Just lost my mind.  Very excited for the set! Bus leave one in cloud car are just as I had hoped... Maybe even better. The perfect scale for the set.

Wow. IMO this looks beautiful.

Dual-molded legs with side-printing for Han? Yes!

Thank the maker!

PS: I hope this opens the door for more side-printing/dual molded lego sw minifigures...

I find very interesting how they mid-scaled the Slave I to fit with the set! And love the new Leia dress, but I prefer a new mould for her hair in this scene

Edited by ETELENZOS92

Looks great! It packs up the main scenes in Cloud City, 18 minifgs, 10 of them new (not 100% sure) and a couple of vehicles (Slave I and cloud car).

My wallet is lurking!

Apparently it's the first set in something called the "Star Wars Master Builder Series" (Definitely replacing UCS, so they're open to do more playsets a la Death Star, Assualt on Hoth and this one)

(Pictures from Brothers Brick)

(EDIT = Pics removed, in the front page post, nothing wrong, just trying to make it easier to load page for all.)

Personally, I'm not a fan of it. It just seems so unnecessary for the most part. The 2003 set only cost $100€ and it had pretty much all we really need from Cloud City.

I also hate that its yet another new and exclusive Leia in a really expensive set. Not to mention Bespin Luke.

Hans look in Empire is also my favourite, but now the put the definitive version of him in this set instead of in the fu***** $800€ Falcon from just a year before.

But I'm probably the most pissed about Lando. Gods damn it. Just when I thought the Star Wars team would ease up a little they throw this at us.

And the price per piece ratio looks disgusting with such a bland set. I know it's comparable to some of the other UCS sets, but c'mon.

Overall, this set is unnecessarily large and the exclusive minifigures are a slap in the face.

It's awesome that it's got a ton of things going on, but the overall set looks like a huge mess. The Death Star is a lot slicker and smoother overall (I'm talking about the inside rooms, not the outer shape), but it's understandable since CC is much more diverse in shapes and colours.

Will probably pass. Probably.

Also, that box art is pretty bad, but at least it shows most of the rooms.

Looks like I might be buying my first UCS set and my first SW set in years with this one.......so many cool features and one cute Slave 1

Brick On with The Force everyone ! 

I think its pretty okay. Its a very hard location to make look complete, even more so than the DS. However I kind of like think the minifies selection could have been much better. Why the IG88 and Leia and Han in Hoth outfits, could have put something better there. But since I've bought all location UCS lately, I'm sure I will buy it, but Im not in a rush. When time and money is right, both good and bad. I don't have to force myself to sorceris 400 euro.

Bruh 2800 pieces for 350€ while Ninjago dock has 3500 pieces and is 120€ cheaper.

For 300€ I would consider buying it but not for this price.

Wish they had just made it a display model like the Death Star II UCS model back in 2005. That would have been cool! 

It looks interesting. The figures are amazing but the layout is strange and it doesn’t look like a $350 set to me. Also, the box art is not good at all. It’s weird how this is labeled as a “Master Builder” set and not UCS. Maybe it’s a new designation for large playsets like this, the Death Star, and Assault on Hoth? 

I wasn't sure how interested I'd be in the set itself, because the playsets aren't really my thing, but it does look quite fun

Those minifigures look fantastic though. It's just a shame buying them separately will probably cost a fortune in itself.