MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

3 minutes ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

Hope this Cloud City is as good as I think it will be. I have been saving up for it. 

I totally agree and I'm so excited to compete the Cloud City collection (I've already got the UCS Slave 1 and Millennium Falcon)

Although I'm happy to get a smaller Slave 1 similar to 7144, I think most people would prefer a Cloud Car instead. I'm 100% sure that it will be included in Cloud City, but if you don't want to buy a $500 set, then this is a problem. I guess there are a few set names missing though, so there is a small chance that it could just be a set on its own.

35 minutes ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

Hope this Cloud City is as good as I think it will be. I have been saving up for it. Also 20th anniversary Star Wars sets has me very exited. The ones in 2009 were pretty good. 

Same here, I hope Cloud City lives up to the hype, especially since we’ve all been crying out for this set for over a decade

11 hours ago, Spongebob456 said:

Nearly finished the Sandcrawler and it's a great build actually. Really enjoying it. Shame there are only 6 figures though.

It’s a great design and a very nice set, but I have the UCS version so this set is kinda useless to me. I love exclusive droids though so I might grab those on eBay. Pity it didn’t come with Aunt Beru this time around

5 hours ago, Brick2x4 said:

According to the site:

"April wave of sets will feature special nostalgic 20th anniversary packaging, using the original LEGO Star Wars logo. Each box will contain a collectible minifigure that replicates the original, yellow faced LEGO Star Wars designs."

I think its pretty cool that they're giving us some classic figs. It sort of reminds me of when they released these somewhat-unnoticed figs for the 10th Anniversary (OMG it's been 10 years!!?). I wouldn't be surprised if you guys completely forgot about them.

4591726-1.png

Lego Darth Vader 10 Year Anniversary Promotional Fig polybag

It goes without saying that some of these 'vintage' themed sets will go flying off the shelves. I imagine they will look stunning in stores and am very happy to see LEGO doing something like this to mark the occasion. Can't believe I am saying this, but I may even buy a duplicate of one of these sets purely for the display value of the sealed box. :laugh:

A user on instagram posted a random picture of orange clouds, saying "Something is coming... rumor of a big reveal tomorrow!" And then obviously a bunch of UCS CC hashtags.

Anyone know anything about this? Is it something or is it nothing? Death Star and 75192 were both revealed on the 31st, IIRC, which is why I find the post strange.

People over on Reddit have made claims about it being $350 and 2500 parts.

No idea what their sources are, but figured people might find it interesting. I guess we can just wait 15 hours and we'll know for sure. 

If it's anything like other press-release days, someone will end up leaking images a few hours early so we might even know by lunch time. 

21 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

A user on instagram posted a random picture of orange clouds, saying "Something is coming... rumor of a big reveal tomorrow!" And then obviously a bunch of UCS CC hashtags.

Anyone know anything about this? Is it something or is it nothing? Death Star and 75192 were both revealed on the 31st, IIRC, which is why I find the post strange.

Yes, we’ve been talking about it for a little bit, it seems to be legit. Idk why they are choosing to reveal it earlier than the last two. I like early reveals though, so I’m not complaining. Keep an eye out tomorrow, if it’s true, you should find out pretty quickly

1 minute ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Yes, we’ve been talking about it for a little bit, it seems to be legit. Idk why they are choosing to reveal it earlier than the last two. I like early reveals though, so I’m not complaining. Keep an eye out tomorrow, if it’s true, you should find out pretty quickly

It may be to preempt leaks. If there's cause for concern that a leaked image is about to get out, why not trump it by making the official announcement a bit earlier?

6 minutes ago, nikhkin said:

It may be to preempt leaks. If there's cause for concern that a leaked image is about to get out, why not trump it by making the official announcement a bit earlier?

Very true, it wouldn’t be the first time

8 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

I wish I could send a nice bootle of their fancy to each mods readind through all this; I don't know how you manage to keep your sanity. 

Not easy...but if you want to make a kind gesture...

abgob.non25.jpg

And that would count as bribery, which of course, I will be sure to turn my head or log off for a week if you need to go nuts on the site or something.

1 minute ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Not easy...but if you want to make a kind gesture..

And that would count as bribery, which of course, I will be sure to turn my head or log off for a week if you need to go nuts on the site or something.

i’m an oban man myself. but i’d knock back a glass of that with you any day. ;-]

Edited by Tidy

So much info, it’s hard to keep up! Are we getting a system and a juniors Slave I or just the juniors? Also sad to hear that the praetorian battle pack only gives us one new helmet

8 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

So much info, it’s hard to keep up! Are we getting a system and a juniors Slave I or just the juniors? Also sad to hear that the praetorian battle pack only gives us one new helmet

I think the Slave 1 is system scale and only system scale.

Will Wolffe be included in the AT-AP?

6 minutes ago, getbusybrickin said:

Idk I’m seeing IG posts that it has a $19.99 price which definitely would mean Juniors

11 minutes ago, getbusybrickin said:

If the rumor is true about Ashoka being in it I think it's more likely to be troopers in her unit in the last season.

16 minutes ago, Displayedlotus said:

If the rumor is true about Ashoka being in it I think it's more likely to be troopers in her unit in the last season.

Yes but it’s also rumored to include Plo Koon, whose unit commander is Wolffe. Basically I would just love as many clones as possible, especially some main commanders

Do we have any particular reason to trust the minifigure lists? The sets seem reasonable, but the minifigs look awfully wishlist-y, and if those lists have been confirmed by anybody reliable I at least missed it.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we are less than 24 hours away from finally getting a look at Cloud City

Its been an emotional journey, my friends

MandRproductions has a video up on YouTube with a description of Cloud City including minifigures for anyone interested in hearing it before the big reveal tomorrow

Those measurements can't be right. 5" x 10" x 12"? That's not the whole thing, is it? I understand if the landing pad is that big, but not the whole set. Either way I'm quite intrigued.

Eh, we'll see very, very, very soon.

I would just like to say that Lego is doing an excellent job keeping this from leaking, besides the 2 (maybe 3) figs, but relatively speaking thats pretty good.

But even if something else leaks, I'm gonna avoid it. I want to be surprised when I wake up tomorrow, like Christmas.

Edited by Mountain Drew