MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

11 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

With the Harry Potter stuff looking to be fake I’m not 100% sure if the minifigure selection is real either for the list 

Is the source of HP stuff the same as the SW listing? I am actually excited with the SW stuff because it's very promising. From new Praetorian Guard helmet moulds to Zuckuss.... somehow it's too good to be true. :sceptic:

Everyone is talking about Zuckuss that makes me really excited because he is the last bounty hunter missing from iconic ESB scene.

Could someone send me link please to these descriptions? Can't find them.

We've been fooled way too many times lately, I'd thus suggest to wait for someone reputable to confirm the latest batch of rumours (the ones with the minifig details) before getting hyped :wink: Zuckuss sounds a bit too good to be true...

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

We've been fooled way too many times lately, I'd thus suggest to wait for someone reputable to confirm the latest batch of rumours (the ones with the minifig details) before getting hyped :wink: Zuckuss sounds a bit too good to be true...

Well TLG sometimes does have some nice surprises for us so maybe this could be true?

I'm still not thrilled by the prospect of a 3rd repeat of the AT-AP and Droid Gunship but I never got the previous ones. If these turn out really well I might have to pick up the AT-AP at least, especially if the minifig list is to be believed. I really hope we get a new Plo Koon head mold as the old one never quite looked right to me. I would still vastly prefer different Clone Wars vehicles though.

Guys, those incredibly detailed set descriptions are clearly fake. Has no one learned from the last five times this happened? Descriptions that detailed do not ever leak this early. There are (as usual) waaaaaaay too many figures in really small sets, and almost every figure included is a fanboy's wet dream. 

Azani generally knows more about what's coming well before anyone else... and he only posted half-complete set names/numbers a day or two ago... so do you really think someone else out there has all this added detail that reliable, established leakers do not? These descriptions are just someone like Force Ghost Solo or the V-19/Resistance Transport guy getting his jollies... again.

6 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Brick Fanatics revealed that we might see some anniversary sets in 2019 for Lego Star Wars 20th anniversary 

https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-star-wars-20th-anniversary-sets-rumoured-for-2019/

According to the site:

"April wave of sets will feature special nostalgic 20th anniversary packaging, using the original LEGO Star Wars logo. Each box will contain a collectible minifigure that replicates the original, yellow faced LEGO Star Wars designs."

So it seems we might get vintage figures?

6 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Brick Fanatics revealed that we might see some anniversary sets in 2019 for Lego Star Wars 20th anniversary 

https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-star-wars-20th-anniversary-sets-rumoured-for-2019/

I posted that link a few hours ago over in the Future Star Wars Sets forum as I didn't think we would be able to discuss 2019 here.

I wish I could send a nice bootle of their fancy to each mods readind through all this; I don't know how you manage to keep your sanity. 

I would absolutely love a big podracing set to commemorate the 20th anniversary of The Phantom Menace

You guys do realize that Lego has been producing about four waves of Star Wars sets per year lately. Let’s just say theoretically that this list is 100% legit (it may or may not be). There will still be plenty of Star Wars to go around all year. The winter wave is always the weakest. Always. Usually with one or two really desirable minifigures thrown in. I wouldn’t fret quite yet. I understand concern when it comes to a theme like Harry Potter, which we all fear may encounter the LOTR effect before we get everything we want out of it. But Star Wars isn’t going anywhere, there will always be plenty of opportunity to get everything we all want. I don’t love all the remakes either (except the UCS ones as they are far superior to the old versions and I missed out on a lot of the old versions anyway) but updated minifigs always make them worth it, and we know there is a full year of Star Wars sets ahead of us

Oh, and is anyone else really really hoping the new Han Solo in carbonite has the new hair molded into it? That would be amazing. I really want to update all versions of Han with the new hair piece, that’s why I really liked the sound of another Endor Han in that original leaked list, because he would have the new hair piece

21 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I would absolutely love a big podracing set to commemorate the 20th anniversary of The Phantom Menace

You guys do realize that Lego has been producing about four waves of Star Wars sets per year lately. Let’s just say theoretically that this list is 100% legit (it may or may not be). There will still be plenty of Star Wars to go around all year. The winter wave is always the weakest. Always. Usually with one or two really desirable minifigures thrown in. I wouldn’t fret quite yet. I understand concern when it comes to a theme like Harry Potter, which we all fear may encounter the LOTR effect before we get everything we want out of it. But Star Wars isn’t going anywhere, there will always be plenty of opportunity to get everything we all want. I don’t love all the remakes either (except the UCS ones as they are far superior to the old versions and I missed out on a lot of the old versions anyway) but updated minifigs always make them worth it, and we know there is a full year of Star Wars sets ahead of us

Yes definitely want some more TPM in general. 

As for the abundance of SW sets, you are very right. My local stores still haven't got any of the new August sets on the shelves and all I can think is it is because they have no room. They have the fairly new sets on discount (Solo, Yoda's Hut etc.) but there are just too many sets coming round too quickly for them to put the August sets out it seems. 

1 minute ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Oh, and is anyone else really really hoping the new Han Solo in carbonite has the new hair molded into it? That would be amazing. I really want to update all versions of Han with the new hair piece, that’s why I really liked the sound of another Endor Han in that original leaked list, because he would have the new hair piece

Absolutely. I mean, I think his flattened hair carbonite mold is okay because his hair did get rather flattened, but you can't fit the new hair in that mold obviously and the new hair would give the carbonite mold some more texture.

3 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Now this tread is only about 2019 rumors all of a sudden. When are admins planning to start a 2019 thread?

We'll start it eventually. For now, you're free to talk about 2019 here.

1 hour ago, RetroInferno said:

I wish I could send a nice bootle of their fancy to each mods readind through all this; I don't know how you manage to keep your sanity. 

Very carefully.

28 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Please, no wish lists.

dutch site bouwsteentjes.info is reporting on their facebook that something will probably make lego star wars fans feel "in de wolken" (in the clouds/very excited) tomorrow at 15.00 CEST

Edited by Johnmeel

1 minute ago, Johnmeel said:

dutch site bouwsteentjes.info is reporting on their facebook that something will make all lego star wars fans feel "in de wolken" (in the clouds/very excited) tomorrow at 15.00 CEST

finally some new info thx

9 minutes ago, Johnmeel said:

dutch site bouwsteentjes.info is reporting on their facebook that something will make all lego star wars fans feel "in de wolken" (in the clouds/very excited) tomorrow at 15.00 CEST

Do you have a link to that? cant seem to find it on their site :)

Edit: on Facebook, stupid me..

Edited by Joel1234

I've been out of the loop for a week, and the news of the winter wave is just great. I always liked microfighters, wich is a great way to get minifigures.

If the rumoured Slave-1 is true, then it may be likely that a mini Slave-1 is not included in the UCS Cloud City?

(IMO that would be better, since it would leave more peace for the actual city)

Oh, and I can't wait to hear what information is coming tomorrow! 

Edited by Bantha Fodder
Edit: Typo...

30 minutes ago, Johnmeel said:

dutch site bouwsteentjes.info is reporting on their facebook that something will probably make lego star wars fans feel "in de wolken" (in the clouds/very excited) tomorrow at 15.00 CEST

Haha love that description! Hope it's true :)

Hope this Cloud City is as good as I think it will be. I have been saving up for it. Also 20th anniversary Star Wars sets has me very exited. The ones in 2009 were pretty good.