MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

1 hour ago, wesker said:

Glad to see the Praetorian Guard battlepack is happening. Of all the fake rumours that one always felt the most plausible to me as its the only way Lego could realistically release the other two guard variants. Looking forward to seeing what clones will be coming in the battlepack as well. 501st would be great but I'd rather they were generic (or Rex + 3 Generic) rather than four named clones like the initial rumours suggested.

Shame the "Great Vehicle Escape" has no name, but its worth noting that 3 set numbers are absent between that and the Droid Gunship so I'm guessing we'll be seeing four sets at that price range like we usually do every year. Hopefully one of those will be the rumoured Resistance Transport set. Would be nice to finally get a Last Jedi version of Leia before Episode 9 hits later in the year.

Seems a bit soon for another Droid Gunship and AT-AP since Kashyyyk was covered quite extensively just a couple years ago. The only draws I can see to revisiting them again would be re-releasing Luminara Unduli with the new skirt piece to match Barriss, or basing the sets on TCW rather than ROTS which would be a good way to update some of the other characters from the show (Ahsoka, Ventress, Aurra Sing etc)

The Juniors and "Classic" Microfighters sound interesting. I have no interest in the builds themselves, but I'm keen to see if we can expect any new pilots with the updated dual molded Rebel Helmet. Gold Leader in particular would be great as we won't have to wait for another system-scale Y-Wing remake.

Disappointed there isn't any sign of the V-19, unless that's going to be a retailer exclusive next year?

One of those sets is the Porg, and I believe that the other two (75231 and 75232) might be retail exclusives.

Glad to see the Praetorian Guard battle pack, the more interesting one for me so far. Strange that there are no Rogue One or Han Solo sets there. Those films are (still) quite recent.  

17 minutes ago, Hulk_Smash said:

Could the "Great Vehicle" escape be from the Resistance show?

Perhaps all the Juniors sets are based off Resistance, given it's aimed at a younger audience and the Rebels sets didn't do too well, I think it makes sense 

Not too much exciting on that list for OT fans. A Praetorian battle pack would be great though.

Juniors sets could be an interesting way to get new figures without having to buy remakes of sets you already have, but it remains to be seen if they have regular figures or "<insert that tiresome argument>" ones.

4 microfighters, 4 juniors sets, 2 battle packs and only 3 regular sets, but that's how the cookie crumbles I guess. No SW constraction figures, is that how it usually goes for the winter wave or have they stopped doing them?

I feel like some crazy conspiracy theorist, but the prices for the Juniors X-Wing, Tie-Fighter, and A-Wing are the exact same prices as the original sets released for those ships. These three sets also take place over the first three years of the Lego Star Wars theme, with the X-Wing being from 1999 for $30, the A-Wing being from 2000 for $15, and the Tie-Fighter being from 2001 for $20. This also coincides with the 20th Lego Star Wars anniversary, with 1999 being the year Lego Star Wars was introduced. Maybe I'm misreading things, but could these be re-releases of the original sets? Or is this all just a coincidence?

2 hours ago, Hulk_Smash said:

Could the "Great Vehicle" escape be from the Resistance show?

It could be anything. "Great Vehicle" (or "Great Playset") is the generic term Lego uses for Star Wars sets at that price range.

30 minutes ago, LegoFjotten said:

Not too much exciting on that list for OT fans. A Praetorian battle pack would be great though.

Juniors sets could be an interesting way to get new figures without having to buy remakes of sets you already have, but it remains to be seen if they have regular figures or "<insert that tiresome argument>" ones.

4 microfighters, 4 juniors sets, 2 battle packs and only 3 regular sets, but that's how the cookie crumbles I guess. No SW constraction figures, is that how it usually goes for the winter wave or have they stopped doing them?

Apparently the constraction figures are done. We were supposed to have gotten 2 more this year (Super Battle Droid and AT-RT Clone Trooper) but both ended up being cancelled. Junior sets usually have standard minifigures for all the other lines so I can't imagine it would be any different for Star Wars.

There's definitely potential for some interesting new figures. We've already got a Juniors X-Wing confirmed. If the other mystery Juniors set is either a Y-Wing or Snowspeeder, and all three ships are also among the six classic Microfighter vehicles then we can probably expect to see quite a number of Rebel pilots updated with the new helmets.

With any luck the A-Wing Pilot will also be new. The last two OT A-Wings came with Sila Kott and Jake Farrell but we haven't gotten a Green Leader minifigure yet. The Juniors A-Wing would be a good chance to change that.

The rumours definitely seem interesting, but I don't want to get my hopes up too much until pictures of the sets (from a very blurry preliminary catalogue) are released. 

The Junior sets do intrigue me but I'll let the mini figure selection decide that, although if they're selling the most recognisable Star Wars ships to a younger audience I doubt they'll be anything other than main characters that have been in dozens of other sets. 

It seems interesting that they're doing another AT-AP set and Droid Gunship. It can't hurt to have more prequel sets but it seems a bit random? Unless the designs are amazing I probably won't buy them unless they come with great minifigures.

4 minutes ago, Phoenix__Phyre said:

The rumours definitely seem interesting, but I don't want to get my hopes up too much until pictures of the sets (from a very blurry preliminary catalogue) are released. 

The Junior sets do intrigue me but I'll let the mini figure selection decide that, although if they're selling the most recognisable Star Wars ships to a younger audience I doubt they'll be anything other than main characters that have been in dozens of other sets. 

It seems interesting that they're doing another AT-AP set and Droid Gunship. It can't hurt to have more prequel sets but it seems a bit random? Unless the designs are amazing I probably won't buy them unless they come with great minifigures.

Great Minifigures?

Look at the list!

Ahsoka, Plo Koon, Clones!

The Battle Packs even have Rex and Cody in the same set! OMG!

Edited by BP VFX

1 minute ago, BP VFX said:

Great Minifigures?

Look at the list!

Ahsoka, Plo Koon, Clones!

The Battle Packs even have Rex and Cody in the same set! OMG!

I haven't seen anything anywhere saying that those particular figures are coming next year. If they are then awesome, but until I see proof I don't want to hold my breath.

Just now, Phoenix__Phyre said:

I haven't seen anything anywhere saying that those particular figures are coming next year. If they are then awesome, but until I see proof I don't want to hold my breath.

Top leaker posted the list on Instagram

Interesting set selection.... still not convinced until we get some more concrete proof.

Now that I have the new X-Wing helmet in hand.... I must say I absolutely hate it :( Such a shame new variations will probably use this ridiculous mold. At least Firestar will hopefully bring out more Rebel varieties and General Merrick will be the traditional, superior mold!

At first I wasn't too keen on another AT-AP and Droid Gunship, but if they're based on TCW rather than ROTS, I'm all for that :thumbup: 

P.S: someone on reddit claimed that sir von lego confirmed a Range Trooper BP for next year, but I don't think he's posted anything on here lately, has he? 

12 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

At first I wasn't too keen on another AT-AP and Droid Gunship, but if they're based on TCW rather than ROTS, I'm all for that :thumbup: 

P.S: someone on reddit claimed that sir von lego confirmed a Range Trooper BP for next year, but I don't think he's posted anything on here lately, has he? 

Link?

So what sets will we get before X mass, Porg, UCS whatever... and anything else, or all the other sets will be here only at 2019?

Wow, Star Wars Juniors. I like the Juniors set they've made recently, I'm really curious about how SW would fit there, specially with an X-Wing and a Tie.

43 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Hmm the leaked cloud city figures are said to appear in the slave 1 instead. (Ughnaught etc) should we be worried?

I thought there have been people who have seen the rumored CC in person. I would still suspect it's coming out (note that the description for the Slave 1 does not include the Cloud Car Pilot).

I'm going to take a guess that those clone wars sets are based on the last season of the clone wars if Disney wants to get it as much attention as possible (AT-AP)(Droid Gunship)(battle pack) defnitely should have some good minifgs.

With these rumors all but confirmed, is anyone else surprised there’s no mention of Resistance Transports from TLJ? And more importantly new General Leia. And V19 seeems to be finally debunked too. Also no more Solo sets.

48 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

With these rumors all but confirmed, is anyone else surprised there’s no mention of Resistance Transports from TLJ? And more importantly new General Leia. And V19 seeems to be finally debunked too. Also no more Solo sets.

Transport and v19 could still be exclusives

54 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

If the V-19 were to come with those figures I'd say it be at least $70 judging by the prices of recent ships with similar size like the Ties.Lego usually sells the lower priced sets in the winter let's hope it's in the summer wave.

Edited by Displayedlotus

3 hours ago, DEAD1974 said:

So what sets will we get before X mass, Porg, UCS whatever... and anything else, or all the other sets will be here only at 2019?

I'm pretty sure it's just the Porg, advent calendar, and the UCS set.