MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

8 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Hi, sorry, I've been away for the last month and can't be bothered reading the whole thread so what's rumoured about UCS Cloud City (eg - what's the rumoured release date, what's the rumoured price)?

MODS warned about speculation regarding CC a couple of pages back when I asked the same question. To paraphrase; unless there was hard evidence of its existence (such as a leaked picture), I think the term used was "Or else".

So, should Cloud City be revealed in about two weeks? Seeing as the Millenium Falcon and the Death Star had their press releases on August 31st. There's very little waiting left!

No offense to the Aussies here, but please stop the chatter about prices and locations for sets in Australia. There's another thread for that found here. And please hold all further CC chatter until we have more info. If you want to know what's already been said please review the last 5 pages.

I’m gonna call it right now, even though nobody seems to think so. I’m betting that those leaked minifigures of Lando and Boba we got a while back for CC are real. I was right about Voldemort. We’ll see about this too. Sorry mods, just had to get that last comment on it in, won’t happen again.

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m gonna call it right now, even though nobody seems to think so. I’m betting that those leaked minifigures of Lando and Boba we got a while back for CC are real. I was right about Voldemort. We’ll see about this too. Sorry mods, just had to get that last comment on it in, won’t happen again.

What leaks of Lando and Boba?

That Lando was horribly fake. Don’t bother going there. Fett is a maybe but we’re not sure how it fits in as the Slave 1 version is perfect for CC. Maybe it’s just a test for the dual moulding arms but that’s about it.

But seriously... that Lando looked crap. Worse than the original release... we’ve had far superior customs since then... if we get a CC it’ll have a Lando... it doesn’t mean that figure in the photo means anything.

11 minutes ago, Robianco said:

That Lando was horribly fake. Don’t bother going there. Fett is a maybe but we’re not sure how it fits in as the Slave 1 version is perfect for CC. Maybe it’s just a test for the dual moulding arms but that’s about it.

But seriously... that Lando looked crap. Worse than the original release... we’ve had far superior customs since then... if we get a CC it’ll have a Lando... it doesn’t mean that figure in the photo means anything.

I’m just calling it how I see it. Maybe you’re right. But I just have a feeling. But regardless, we’re not supposed to talk about it here anymore until we get more solid information. 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

MandRProductions has just made a video compiling all that's rumoured about the UCS CC so far, so you should all check that out if, like me, you can't keep up on it all :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’m just calling it how I see it. Maybe you’re right. But I just have a feeling. But regardless, we’re not supposed to talk about it here anymore until we get more solid information. 

Interesting approach: restart a discussion that you know has been discouaraged and then chastise people when they respond.

There are pics of set lists out there. Microfighters are coming back and there'll be SW Juniors sets.

One list says 75222 - Betrayal at Cloud City and 10268 - Star Wars confidential. Most interesting.

Idk about the authenticity of these lists. Anyone know more about them?

I've received word of the winter 2019 wave of kits, as detailed by the prolific @Falconfan1414 over in the "Future Star Wars Sets" thread. Here's the list:

75223 - Unknown SW Microfighter "Classic" - $9.99 US

75224 - Unknown SW Microfighter "Classic" - $9.99 US

75225 - Elite Praetorian Guards Battle Pack - $14.99 US

75226 - Clone Troopers Battle Pack - $14.99 US

75227 - Unknown SW Microfighter Dual Pack "Classic" - $19.99 US

75228 - Unknown SW Microfighter Dual Pack "Classic" - $19.99 US

75229 - "Great Vehicle" Escape - $29.99 US

75233 - Droid Gunship - $49.99 US

75234 - AT-AP - $59.99 US

75235 - Juniorsâ„¢ X-Wing Starfighter - $29.99 US

75236 - Juniorsâ„¢ Slave I - $19.99 US

75237 - Juniorsâ„¢ TIE Fighter - $19.99 US

75247 - Juniorsâ„¢ A-Wing Starfighter - $14.99 US

It's been spread everywhere over the past few hours - it looks like Terrasher already came across it. All of that list is 100% accurate, so yes, microfighters are coming back. (Especially because they never really went away?)

Edited by Azani

28 minutes ago, Azani said:

I've received word of the winter 2019 wave of kits, as detailed by the prolific @Falconfan1414 over in the "Future Star Wars Sets" thread. Here's the list:

75223 - Unknown SW Microfighter "Classic" - $9.99 US

75224 - Unknown SW Microfighter "Classic" - $9.99 US

75225 - Elite Praetorian Guards Battle Pack - $14.99 US

75226 - Clone Troopers Battle Pack - $14.99 US

75227 - Unknown SW Microfighter Dual Pack "Classic" - $19.99 US

75228 - Unknown SW Microfighter Dual Pack "Classic" - $19.99 US

75229 - "Great Vehicle" Escape - $29.99 US

75233 - Droid Gunship - $49.99 US

75234 - AT-AP - $59.99 US

75235 - Juniorsâ„¢ X-Wing Starfighter - $29.99 US

75236 - Juniorsâ„¢ ???

75237 - Juniorsâ„¢ TIE Fighter - $19.99 US

75247 - Juniorsâ„¢ A-Wing Starfighter - $14.99 US

It's been spread everywhere over the past few hours - it looks like Terrasher already came across it. All of is 100% accurate, so yes, Microfighters are coming back. (Especially because they never went away?)

"Great vehicle escape" wonder what makes the grade... Ep 2 speeder chase?

Not super thrilled about getting yet another Droid Gunship and AT-AP when we've had those remade already and to a satisfying degree when there are so many other Clone Wars era vehicles that could be made for the first time or are in far greater demand/need for updating. I really hope those are wrong or mistranslated. The 2 battlepacks sound awesome though! Other than that it's a giant "meh" so far for me.

7 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Not super thrilled about getting yet another Droid Gunship and AT-AP when we've had those remade already and to a satisfying degree when there are so many other Clone Wars era vehicles that could be made for the first time or are in far greater demand/need for updating. I really hope those are wrong or mistranslated. The 2 battlepacks sound awesome though! Other than that it's a giant "meh" so far for me.

The only way I’d possibly buy another AT-AP is if it is based on the order 66 scene with Commander Bly from ROTS.  

(At least from what I remember it was an AT-AP in that scene)?

46 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Not super thrilled about getting yet another Droid Gunship and AT-AP when we've had those remade already and to a satisfying degree when there are so many other Clone Wars era vehicles that could be made for the first time or are in far greater demand/need for updating.

Like an ARC-170 or V-19. Wonder where the latter went ):

I haven't bought any new LEGO Star Wars in ages at this point (my last purchase might have been the awesome newer Tydirium once it was on a discount a couple of years after release), but I'm very intrigued to see those Juniors sets. Most vehicles in Juniors sets have been stubby messes almost like Microfighters but with less style, but it's interesting that LEGO is finally finding a way to offer the classic ships at more reasonable price points once again, now that the System-scale version have climbed so high. The only X-Wing and Tie Fighter I have are the '99 and '01 versions when the System sets were the same prices as the Juniors ones on that list are rumored to be!

11 minutes ago, AndrewShun said:

Why do these people discuss 2019 leaks in this topic. I don't get it

Just to cause you untold grief. Glad to see the Praetorian Battle Pack, didn't really want to buy multiple Throne Room sets to get a few. 

Glad to see the Praetorian Guard battlepack is happening. Of all the fake rumours that one always felt the most plausible to me as its the only way Lego could realistically release the other two guard variants. Looking forward to seeing what clones will be coming in the battlepack as well. 501st would be great but I'd rather they were generic (or Rex + 3 Generic) rather than four named clones like the initial rumours suggested.

Shame the "Great Vehicle Escape" has no name, but its worth noting that 3 set numbers are absent between that and the Droid Gunship so I'm guessing we'll be seeing four sets at that price range like we usually do every year. Hopefully one of those will be the rumoured Resistance Transport set. Would be nice to finally get a Last Jedi version of Leia before Episode 9 hits later in the year.

Seems a bit soon for another Droid Gunship and AT-AP since Kashyyyk was covered quite extensively just a couple years ago. The only draws I can see to revisiting them again would be re-releasing Luminara Unduli with the new skirt piece to match Barriss, or basing the sets on TCW rather than ROTS which would be a good way to update some of the other characters from the show (Ahsoka, Ventress, Aurra Sing etc)

The Juniors and "Classic" Microfighters sound interesting. I have no interest in the builds themselves, but I'm keen to see if we can expect any new pilots with the updated dual molded Rebel Helmet. Gold Leader in particular would be great as we won't have to wait for another system-scale Y-Wing remake.

Disappointed there isn't any sign of the V-19, unless that's going to be a retailer exclusive next year?

15 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

Just to cause you untold grief. Glad to see the Praetorian Battle Pack, didn't really want to buy multiple Throne Room sets to get a few. 

Yeah. I think it’s interesting that the praetorian guard and clone trooper battlepacks are legitimate sets. If I remember right, there was a rumor about them awhile back. I can see both being popular amongst fans...

1 hour ago, wesker said:

its worth noting that 3 set numbers are absent between that and the Droid Gunship so I'm guessing we'll be seeing four sets at that price range like we usually do every year

Don't forget, 75230 is the Porg releasing this year. So, now we're down to 2.

So on instagram there is a mention of a new Slave I. Makes sense since the UCS one is scheduled to retire later this year.

And a leaker in this thread mentioned that he saw the Cloud City set and that it included a Slave I.

I'm guessing this mirrors the compatibility of 10123 and 7144.

p1110752.jpg

p1110818.jpg

(Note that is not 7144 in the picture)

I've been wanting a new Slave I for a while. Its been almost a decade since the last system scale version and it would be nice to get one that is both better proportioned like the UCS version and fixes the issue of the wings hanging too low whilst in flight mode.

It also makes sense to release one now from a budgeting standpoint. Cloud City will no doubt require new molds (Han's Carbonite block, Leia's Bespin hairstyle, possibly even a headpiece for Lobot) so offloading some of the costs to a companion set would be a smart move (as well as ensure both Han and Leia's alternate costumes get a release)

The one thing I hope is that the set doesn't get downscaled too much. The previous Slave I was a good size and I'll be disappointed if it ends up getting the AAT/MTT/Turbo Tank treatment.