MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

10 hours ago, Forresto said:

Why? The entire point of UCS is large, good looking, displayable models.

Heck the Snowspeeder and Y-Wing are both incredibly boring to me but they still sell like hot cakes for some reason. 

Assault on Hoth failed because it was an overpriced playset, comprised of seperate builds rather then a single one, with most builds having been released before, then had the UCS label thrown onto it.

HOWEVER.

imagine if for the same price and piece count Assault on Hoth was made at microfigure scale.

You'd have twice as much and it would look better. You could have a mini AT-AT, mini AT-ST, a proper hanger full of snowspeeders, a proprr shield generator, a rebel transport, more trenches etc...

I know that UCS models are mostly only for display and I am totally OK with it. However there are few, that are more for playing than only for display, like Death Star, Ewok village even a Sendcrawler.For me (no one else have to agree with it) the LEGO will always be a toy at first place. Therefore I prefer sets that are more for play than for display, but if they also looks cool for display its just a welcome plus. So therefore I am not really happy from the rumor that CC can be a micro scale set.

P.S. I can imagine a Hoth set for €500,- where will be included one motorized AT-AT and also one or two AT-ST

Edited by DEAD1974

There is no rumour about CC being micro scale. None. Not a single rumour or piece of evidence that it's micro scale.

This is why mods used to be so strict on the slightest bit of wish listing or guessing on these threads as once it's appeared it can very quickly descend into a full blown rumour.

If someone mentions it here then it gets shared on an FB group or even makes its way onto another forum and it comes back here with the other forum as a source.

There is nothing to say that CC is micro scale. The only reason people brought it up was probably due to Hogwarts Castle being that way. That's it. Nothing more.

Let's not get into a conversation about whether someone would like something that doesn't exist or whether someone doesn't like something that doesn't exist.

1 hour ago, Robianco said:

There is no rumour about CC being micro scale. None. Not a single rumour or piece of evidence that it's micro scale.

This is why mods used to be so strict on the slightest bit of wish listing or guessing on these threads as once it's appeared it can very quickly descend into a full blown rumour.

If someone mentions it here then it gets shared on an FB group or even makes its way onto another forum and it comes back here with the other forum as a source.

There is nothing to say that CC is micro scale. The only reason people brought it up was probably due to Hogwarts Castle being that way. That's it. Nothing more.

Let's not get into a conversation about whether someone would like something that doesn't exist or whether someone doesn't like something that doesn't exist.

I can also only agree.

We already got leaked pictures of the Cloud-Car pilot and the new Ugnaught and they won´t give us a Nano-scaled CC with these Figures on a stand.

So can we expect official images of the next SW UCS set soon? Is it thought to be the early access set in the Sept. LEGO catalogue? It’s an expensive time to be a SW and Harry Potter fan!  

Guys, please hold your speculations on CC right now. We've had enough pages of it for awhile. It's not that you're forbidden from discussion it here, it's just that we've had too much right now. We don't know what it will contain, we don't know when pictures will come out, we don't even know for sure when/if it's releasing. So please hold all thoughts on the matter until the next piece of hard evidence (think leaked photo of a new figure or official pictures) comes out. OR ELSE!

11 hours ago, getbusybrickin said:

Do we know if there will be a run of Clone Wars sets, or just the v19?

We don't know anything. Even the V-19 hasn't been confirmed, as far as I know. There were unsubstantiated sketchy rumors about multiple more CW sets a while ago, but that's hardly unusual and doesn't mean much.

13 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

We don't know anything. Even the V-19 hasn't been confirmed, as far as I know. There were unsubstantiated sketchy rumors about multiple more CW sets a while ago, but that's hardly unusual and doesn't mean much.

Didn't Sir von Lego confirm the V-19?

2 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Very true. :)

I'd be willing to pay up to $80 for an updated V-19, as long as has some CW characters we haven't gotten in a while, if at all (Captain Rex, Commander Cody, Obi-Wan, Plo Koon, Shaak-Ti, Kit Fisto, General Grievous, Etc.) 

50 minutes ago, Mountain Drew said:

I'd be willing to pay up to $80 for an updated V-19, as long as has some CW characters we haven't gotten in a while, if at all (Captain Rex, Commander Cody, Obi-Wan, Plo Koon, Shaak-Ti, Kit Fisto, General Grievous, Etc.) 

I'd be willing to pay up towards 100 if we get Cody and one or two new trooper designs or moulds. Really need a updated version of the ARC-170 pilots with the new visors from the new x wing pilots.

Wishlists aside, have we had any new leaks?  People were talking about hearing 2018 leaks in July 2017; were there any this year?

57 minutes ago, Tusserte said:

Wishlists aside, have we had any new leaks?  People were talking about hearing 2018 leaks in July 2017; were there any this year?

The only so called "leak" I've seen for 2019 was the list of the January wave of Star Wars sets, but there's been no real confirmation of any of these sets being released, although I think the Clone Wars ones seem more likely than any.

Via BPTSVFX on Reddit... take this with a grain of salt. Looks kinda legit, the glaring thing that makes me skeptical is the 501st set. Seems too good to be true. I’d like to be pleasantly surprised. #legoleak #legoleaks #legostarwars #lego #starwars #lego2019

11 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

The only so called "leak" I've seen for 2019 was the list of the January wave of Star Wars sets, but there's been no real confirmation of any of these sets being released, although I think the Clone Wars ones seem more likely than any.

<snip>

That list looks 100% wishlist material

Edited by MKJoshA
Don't quote pictures

I have to agree that the leak list looks fake, too good to be true to be honest. I would love a praetorian battle back, even if it only included two guards and some other random troopers, though. I need to get some of those guards, but 75216 is too expensive and the guards themselves are too expensive in Bricklink. I think it's semi-probable because Lego knows that the guards are massable, and know that collectors and kids alike will want the other guard variants to complete their throne room set. 

I wonder if SVL can confirm whether any of those are legit? 

Edited by JoshSpills

This list is fake, you can tell it because 75230 is the Porg set and not an Ewok Tree Attack one.

Managed to build one of the new X-Wings that I picked up recently. Very satisfied with the overall quality of the build and its aesthetic value on display. Definitely one to buy multiples of (once it is reduced of course).

A customer today said she'd seen (as in images) a leak of a set with Ewoks and Scout Troopers - I guess that's the one on the list, but I can't find anything anywhere. Anyone got any more information about that?

25 minutes ago, gudetamago said:

A customer today said she'd seen (as in images) a leak of a set with Ewoks and Scout Troopers - I guess that's the one on the list, but I can't find anything anywhere. Anyone got any more information about that?

Did she mean an image of list with a set including ewoks and scout troopers? Because that's the only supposed 'leak' of that sort so far as I'm aware. And it's reliability is in doubt.

38 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Did she mean an image of list with a set including ewoks and scout troopers? Because that's the only supposed 'leak' of that sort so far as I'm aware. And it's reliability is in doubt.

She definitely meant an actual image but maybe it was some fake somewhere. This list^ is the only thing I've been able to find, so I'm pretty skeptical too.

32 minutes ago, gudetamago said:

She definitely meant an actual image but maybe it was some fake somewhere. This list^ is the only thing I've been able to find, so I'm pretty skeptical too.

Sorry if I hope that she have seen a picture of the old 7956 ewok attack lol. Not that I wouldn't mind more woks just like the rest of the list is pretty meh.

4 hours ago, gudetamago said:

I hope so,the scout trooper helmets  are very outdated compared to other troopers(open visor,lack of printing,shaping a bit off).

The leaked list does sound too good to be true, with a little too many battle pack type sets to be real. However, the first Star Wars wave of the year typicallybis pretty small scale and these are pretty in line with that. I think it would be an awesome wave if it is true, as long as we get an even better summer wave. I still can’t believe we never got minifigures of Galen Erso and Saw Gerera, and still no Dryden Voss. I really don’t understand that. Why did the Rogue One sets stop coming? I’m hoping with the big gap between Solo and Episode IX, LEGO returns to Rogue One, obviously with some new Clone Wars sets as well. I also wouldn’t mind a couple sets from the last season of Rebels. LEGO completely passed that over and there was some great material to work with

Anyone know if the Hoth Medical Chamber is an exclusive anywhere? Because I can’t find it

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Anyone know if the Hoth Medical Chamber is an exclusive anywhere? Because I can’t find it

I believe it’s exclusive to Walmart and LEGO brand stores in the US.