MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

I am not interessted in it, i do not like porgs and for me the only interest i have in this set is the part list. Why not an UCS jawa ?

6 hours ago, Forresto said:

So what do people think of the UCS Porg?

I'm torn.

It looks both incredible and horrendous to me simultaneously.

Maybe it'll look better in person? Can't wait for the video reviews of it.

I think it looks like it's choking and about to cough up a fluff ball. :) It's definitely not for me. That being said, I'm not going to hate on it; I think the designer did an admirable job. Like you say, both horrendous and yet simultaneously quite a good build. But I just have no interest in it. I think a lot of the negativity will come from the fact that peoples' opinions on the porgs themselves are just largely split.

Definitely passing on the Porg, I picked up the BB8 and kinda regret it.  I just like mini-fig style sets better than sculptures.  

One thing I can't tell though: does the mouth open by rotating the wing, or by swinging it out... like a flapping motion?

2 hours ago, jedge said:

Definitely passing on the Porg, I picked up the BB8 and kinda regret it.  I just like mini-fig style sets better than sculptures.  

One thing I can't tell though: does the mouth open by rotating the wing, or by swinging it out... like a flapping motion?

Flapping it would seem.

7 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

I think it looks like it's choking and about to cough up a fluff ball. :) It's definitely not for me. That being said, I'm not going to hate on it; I think the designer did an admirable job. Like you say, both horrendous and yet simultaneously quite a good build. But I just have no interest in it. I think a lot of the negativity will come from the fact that peoples' opinions on the porgs themselves are just largely split.

At least they're not ewoks :wink:

Either way I'm looking forward to the inevitable rotisserie version of this Porg someone is bound to make.

In relation to the Porg, my thoughts are as follows.

Porgs themselves are great. Then again I also like Ewoks and Gungans, just as I like Neimoidians and Bith. It's a big universe.

As for the Lego set, I feel as I do about a lot of the recent sets. It would be great to get it you had got little to no Star Wars Lego as an adult. But if you already have a large collection, what would you do with it and where would you put it? And my kids would rather have soft toy Porgs. So not sure who the intended market is.

5 hours ago, Retro said:

So not sure who the intended market is.

Lego probably saw how high-in-demand the Funko porgs were in and wanted to jump on the bandwagon. I kinda like the set, though I would wait till I can get it for $80 or less since there doesn't seem to be any exclusive pieces in the set. I do like the porg scream play-function though.

Would've preferred a Brickheadz Porg to be honest. The UCS one definitely looks like a Porg though, even if its mouth is a wee bit big and it looks like it's crying for death lol

Edited by Bartybum

5 hours ago, Bartybum said:

it looks like it's crying for death lol

Just picture it standing by that campfire...

We need a MOC for that :laugh:

On 7/25/2018 at 3:43 AM, catfish said:

Now that i see a review of the Landing Craft, i do not see any reason why they placed the panels at an angle. It looks very easy to make the surface flat and "fix" the model.

I do still think it is a better alternative to the older model due to its updated landing gear and also a ramp even though the surface isn't flat. Will also be getting the X wing although I don't really like the "Thing" sticking out on the bottom that closes the wings. It just looks really odd and I would probably remove it.

23 hours ago, Retro said:

not sure who the intended market is.

The intended market is probably me specifically. It's a market of one.  I love the R2D2 and the BB8. This will go right along side it. I'm a sucker for porgs.

4 hours ago, Chill said:

The intended market is probably me specifically. It's a market of one.  I love the R2D2 and the BB8. This will go right along side it. I'm a sucker for porgs.

Make that a market of two. Its actually a beautifully designed model, it’ll fit right in the rest of my display sets. I don’t get the hate on Porgs, they were hardly in the movie and if you don’t like the mountains of merchandise just don’t buy it.

Ill probably be buying it one way or the other. I wasnt intending to buy the BB-8 but was bery impressed with that model. Im sure this one will be amazing too once you start to build it.

On 7/31/2018 at 1:14 AM, jedge said:

You open the mouth by pushing the tail

I feel that when the porg has its mouth closed it kinda looks weird but does look really cute once you open his mouth

Edited by JarJarBonks

Man, I really want that X-Wing - I just don't "£90!" want it.

Soon as I see it for £60 or less it will be mine. 

On 7/30/2018 at 11:55 AM, Forresto said:

So what do people think of the UCS Porg?

I'm torn.

It looks both incredible and horrendous to me simultaneously.

Maybe it'll look better in person? Can't wait for the video reviews of it.

Like you, I am torn. I feel like it should be chubbier... it's cute in some angles but it's also ugly at the same time. Maybe it does look better in person.

Done a huge spending spree and bought the new Sandcrawler, X-Wing, Snoke's Throne room and majority of the new Solo sets.

Okay, I'm a hypocrite for saying the movie was crap! I've re-watched it away from the hype and it's actually not as bad as I thought. Not as good as most of the others, but it's decent.

2 hours ago, LegoAndDisney said:

Done a huge spending spree and bought the new Sandcrawler, X-Wing, Snoke's Throne room and majority of the new Solo sets.

Okay, I'm a hypocrite for saying the movie was crap! I've re-watched it away from the hype and it's actually not as bad as I thought. Not as good as most of the others, but it's decent.

Solo or TLJ? :laugh:

Gonna buy the x-wing as soon as it drops 20% on amazon though. 

Does anyone have a definitive answer on the availability of the new landing craft in the uk? Is it exclusive to any particular shop Or is it going to be widely available?have a nice amount t of VIP points to use, but don't want to waste them if it turns up £20 cheaper somewhere else soon. 

12 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

In case anyone wonders how the new Sandcrawler compares to the UCS one in terms of size:

Can anyone compare the new one to the one from 2005? Interested in seeing how those scale with each other.

1 hour ago, Richpepperell said:

Does anyone have a definitive answer on the availability of the new landing craft in the uk? Is it exclusive to any particular shop Or is it going to be widely available?have a nice amount t of VIP points to use, but don't want to waste them if it turns up £20 cheaper somewhere else soon. 

Well it's on Amazon, currently at RRP, but that means it has the potential to be discounted.

Also, the September store calender has leaked showing that VIPs get early access to two new sets from 13th - 30th September. I'm taking it that one will be the new winter holiday set, but do you all think the other one will be Cloud City?

Edited by BacktoBricks