MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

1 hour ago, dvogon said:

Don't know if there is another review online of the actual set for the Hoth Medical Chamber, though.

brick vault on youtube has the hoth.

5 hours ago, dvogon said:

I have seen the Imperial Landing Craft review. It's better in some ways, the ship seems to be more accurate in general but those laterals are just not good. The interior is also far worse than the previous version and the minifigs selection... yes those R2 and Ben should be stormtroopers. I don't own the previous set and it's great to have more Tatooine sets, so I'll pick up one and modify it using ideas from the old one. That's something great about Lego, you may always modify the set to your own taste :tongue:

Don't know if there is another review online of the actual set for the Hoth Medical Chamber, though.

I was thinking this set would have been hilarious if it came with the wrong r2 unit and protocol droid and the stormtrooper were chasing them.

Hi guys, I’ve been away for a while! Do we know anything more on the rumoured Cloud City set? 

Edited by Legoman123

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

Hi guys, I’ve been away for a while! Do we know anything more on the rumoured Cloud City set? 

Nope, just two figures leaked, cloud car pilot and a ugnaught. By the looks of the late reveal of the Hogwarts castle, me personally dont expect anything except maybe another figure leak until like 4-5 weeks

On 7/6/2018 at 11:48 AM, Sir von Lego said:

Just talked to LEGO and they told me that 75222 will be definitely Cloud City and will get a 349.99 EUR price tag.

On 7/10/2018 at 11:40 AM, StoneWarsDE said:

Concerning 75222 Cloud City: Amazon listing says the packaging is going to be 4.46 kg and 59.8 x 49.9 x 26.5 cm.

I'm not completely sure the measurements are correct, since it would be larger but lighter than the Death Star packaging. But at least it's some info and it seems to add up with the info from @Sir von Lego about the price...

On 7/26/2018 at 6:18 AM, Paperballpark said:

I heard CC is in for an October release. Not certain, but that's what I heard.

Oh and there's no panels, so to the person wishing for them, sorry!

3 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

^ Above are all the posts concerning info about CC which have shown up in the last few weeks. So it's just been that and the leaked images of the Cloud Car pilot and Ugnaught. :) Like Sneakguest I'm not expecting much more for a good month, but I would really love to be proved wrong!

35 minutes ago, Paperballpark said:

^ along with all the detail I posted on here a couple of months ago (26 April) :wink:

They said they'd been off for a while so I just collated the information from the last few weeks. Your original posts were 3 months ago, but it seems like an age when you're waiting for news.

Edited by BacktoBricks

9 minutes ago, Paperballpark said:

Ah, I wasn't sure what they meant by 'a while' :classic:

We should basically just start a new thread for collating CC 'facts'; it would save a lot of hassle. :) When you're talking Lego leaks I think 'a while' means a few days lol. Any longer is classified as decades. ?

Thank you for all your information thus far btw :)

Edited by BacktoBricks

4 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

We should basically just start a new thread for collating CC 'facts'; it would save a lot of hassle. :) When you're talking Lego leaks I think 'a while' means a few days lol. Any longer is classified as decades. ?

Thank you for all your information thus far btw :)

No, I don't think that's necessary.

10 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

We should basically just start a new thread for collating CC 'facts'; it would save a lot of hassle. :)

Great idea unfortunately it would just be a ten page wishlist with very few facts and be a huge undertaking for the mods to keep on-track. 

On 7/26/2018 at 11:38 PM, Bantha Fodder said:

Both are sold in Norway (i got them both last week, from a normal toy shop).

well lucky you, here in normal shop it is not possible to buy it and the same for the LEGO shop...

I noticed they had the new sets for sale in the Lego shop in Manchester. The Hoth Medical Chamber was £34.99 and the Imperial Landing Craft was £79.99.

On 7/27/2018 at 2:44 AM, Tidy said:

brick vault on youtube has the hoth.

Thanks! And thanks to the reviewer as well!

The set is well designed with a lot of detail, like the newer SW location-based €29,99 sets. It reminds me a lot to the new Jurassic Park set, although to me the last one is better and it has more playability with the dinosaur. 

The minifigs selection of the medical chamber and their update are also very good. The set is great as an expansion to the UCS Assault on Hoth set and even to the older Hoth Echo Base, which had the three minifigs and a small medical chamber. Playability lacks as a separate set, as only medical stuff with Luke could be done there. As part of a bigger set playability increases as there will be for sure other rebels to be taken care of in the medical chamber.

15 hours ago, Dale Cooper said:

I noticed they had the new sets for sale in the Lego shop in Manchester. The Hoth Medical Chamber was £34.99 and the Imperial Landing Craft was £79.99.

I thought the medical chamber set would be a €29,99 set in the EU. If it's more expensive, that would be disappointing :sceptic:

Edited by dvogon
typo

Official images of 75230 are out. It looks a lot better from the front than the back (which is too textured and ugly to me) but I plan on getting it regardless. I love porgs and this will be great on my shelf next to my TLJ Funko Pop figures.

37 minutes ago, shodan said:

Gosh UCS Porg is ugly. Waste of UCS space, unworthy (at least for now).

It’s not UCS. 

Is there any information about that the Imperial Landing Craft [75221] is sold exclusively in Germany? 

Still not listed at Shop@H and in the catalogue. 

Edited by OrangeChiliPeP

1 minute ago, jdubbs said:

It’s not UCS. 

It's not technically a UCS in the same way that the BB-8 isn't UCS but it is designed to be a UCS what with the high level of detail and the UCS plagues and accompanying minifig. They are for all intents and purposes UCS.

42 minutes ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

Is there any information about that the Imperial Landing Craft [75221] is sold exclusively in Germany? 

It's available on Amazon in the UK.

Edited by Renegade Clone

3 minutes ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

I wonder, if you could also use it as a Nutcracker?:wink:

It just looks like it's choking to me ?

2 hours ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

Every thing is available in the lego retail store near me. There is no VIP points or poly bag promos coming up with the sets. Most sets are about 80-90 quid and the hoth medical chamber is in fact 35 pounds in the lego store. Worst prices wave ever. The only good deal you'll get is the cloud rider set and maybe the hauler and sandcrawler.

Edited by SCREDEYE

So what do people think of the UCS Porg?

I'm torn.

It looks both incredible and horrendous to me simultaneously.

Maybe it'll look better in person? Can't wait for the video reviews of it.

Edited by Forresto