MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

43 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

Just got the info, that the October new releases of Brickheadz won’t be released in Germany any more (cancellation): Boba, Leia, Luke&Yoda.

so sad about that...

Really? That's a bummer :cry_sad: Not even on s@h? And what about the ones from other themes?

Quite curious that they cancelled Boba and Luke/Yoda. Those two would definitely fly off the shelves. I wonder if Brickheadz aren’t selling well enough?

I guess if you really need them you could just order them on BrickLink from another country, I don't blame you if you don't though, frankly its a hassle 

Anakin.PNG.b59035943dc5bcc89d9ff2d62e0a3d41.PNGLego Minifig, Hair Mid-Length Wavy with Center Part and Sidelocks                                                                                                                                  I was just thinking, Luke's hairpiece in the 75200 Ahch-To Island Training set in a dark brown color would be perfect for Anakin in the Clone Wars sets,  almost too perfect... :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Mountain Drew

13 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Really? That's a bummer :cry_sad: Not even on s@h? And what about the ones from other themes?

Well, S@H always sells these things. I am talking about the normal retail like Toys R Us..

5 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

I was just thinking, Luke's hairpiece in the 75200 Ahch-To Island Training set in a dark brown color would be perfect for Anakin in the Clone Wars sets,  almost too perfect... :hmpf_bad:

Interesting that it is so perfect yet they've used the regular old Clone Wars Anakin hair in the new version of his Starfighter. Perhaps LEGO didn't get completed images of the new episodes to work form for that set, or they didn't want to do a re-coloured minifig part to keep the production cost down, and we'll see a more accurate one later on. The Luke hair is maybe just a tough too long, but it's still pretty spot-on.

56 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Interesting that it is so perfect yet they've used the regular old Clone Wars Anakin hair in the new version of his Starfighter. Perhaps LEGO didn't get completed images of the new episodes to work form for that set, or they didn't want to do a re-coloured minifig part to keep the production cost down, and we'll see a more accurate one later on. The Luke hair is maybe just a tough too long, but it's still pretty spot-on.

The figure in the new Jedi Starfighter is based on Anakin's Season 1 costume so the shorter hair is accurate in this case. But Luke's mullet does look great for a Season 7/ROTS version. I also think it would look perfect on AOTC Obi-Wan as well, although I would hope they stop using dark orange on him and move towards the nougat color Infinity War Thor uses.

Snagged Anakin's Jedi Starfighter at Target yesterday. Was the only new set they had besides the Vader & Stormtrooepr Brickheadz. They're starting to come out on US shelves, start hunting!

On 7/21/2018 at 8:05 AM, JarJarBonks said:

There is rumored to be a 501 battlepack coming out

Comes with rex, fives (arc trooper) jesse and hardcase

I'm guessing that they're phase 2 clone wars

And a praetorian guard battle pack

That sounds a little "wishlist-y" to me, especially since the "leaker" said that the Praetorian battle pack would include four guards... and that's ludicrous. 

1 hour ago, montyofmusic said:

That sounds a little "wishlist-y" to me, especially since the "leaker" said that the Praetorian battle pack would include four guards... and that's ludicrous. 

I mean, could it really be that crazy? we did get an battle pack that had the First Order Executioners and a battle pack with Ki-Adi-Mundi and Bariss Offee recently. But I do agree with you that 4 guards would be ludicrous, maybe 2, but not 4. I have the same opinion for the Clone Troopers battle pack, the figs the  leaker said are too high-in-demand for Lego to give us for $15. If anything, we would get two regular clone troopers, and maybe 2 actual characters. The other 2 characters would appear in a different, probably more expensive set. But anything is possible, I think it would be a little early before we can know for sure, but maybe (hopefully) some leaks will come out soon that can confirm our suspicions.

Edited by Mountain Drew

3 hours ago, Nexo Bricks said:

Snagged Anakin's Jedi Starfighter at Target yesterday. Was the only new set they had besides the Vader & Stormtrooepr Brickheadz. They're starting to come out on US shelves, start hunting!

Would you say it's worth buying right now, or should I wait until it goes on sale?

17 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

Would you say it's worth buying right now, or should I wait until it goes on sale?

I would say buy now, once you see them

On 7/22/2018 at 2:22 PM, Graupensuppe said:

According to Promobricks they will be available in retail stores after all.

deleted

Edited by Sir von Lego

On 7/22/2018 at 3:43 PM, Nexo Bricks said:

Saw the AT Transport set at Target today, it was the only new set they had $99.99, looked better than I thought it would, will definitely be getting it. 

I think I'm gonna wait until the Landing Craft goes on sale before getting it, $90 for 636 pieces is a little steep, considering it doesn't have any figs that haven't already appeared in sets. Its a cool build though.

The sets are up on shop lego. AT Hauler will be like 110 euros in Sweden. Way to much. I think at least they should have added another minifies for that price.

I also notice that there is no imperial landing craft nor any hoth medical bay set. Even if they are exclusives, I assume they eventually will be up at lego store as well

Was tempted to update my Landing Craft but I'm not really impressed by this model - no new minifigs and some odd choices for those included, interior that is nothing but 4 white bathing pools, odd non-canon angular construction. Might be saving my money here. 

On 7/21/2018 at 8:47 AM, Hulk_Smash said:

No problem :)

back on topic, does anyone know when the latest sets are released in the UK?

The August wave of sets have appeared on the UK S@H confirming the August 1st release date.

13 hours ago, TWRAddict said:

Here is a review of the Imperial Landing Craft for anyone who wants a better look:

well this nice video just convinced me to buy the old version, so I can compare them myself to see which one is better

9 minutes ago, Renegade Clone said:

Oh my god....

I just realized the Jawa Sandcrawler is £110 ?!??!

well I was also surprised about the prices of new sets, but ... what can we do

Now that i see a review of the Landing Craft, i do not see any reason why they placed the panels at an angle. It looks very easy to make the surface flat and "fix" the model.

Edited by catfish

2 hours ago, Renegade Clone said:

Oh my god....

I just realized the Jawa Sandcrawler is £110 ?!??!

That is still nothing, 20 pounds more in Sweden