MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

Nice review of the X-wing up now from BrickVault: 

Not a huge fan of the s-foils mechanism as I would love some nice greebling in that top area but what can you do. The back looks great though, so there's that.

12 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

It kind of does, but then would Lego really put all those MCs in one small set? Putting them in a Gunship would make more sense. Either way, I'm loving this news.

I think it makes sense if they dont plan on producing any larger sets for it, or dont plan on producing very many sets.

13 hours ago, Hulk_Smash said:

Yes, Clone Force 99 and their ship is needed

(really should stop wishlisting but I’m too excited!)

You mean the "Havoc Marauder"? That would be great, but my wallet is giving me a really sad look right now. :grin:

14 hours ago, TeufelHund said:

A revised Clone Wars series leads a bit more credibility to the 501st legion Battlepack rumour that floated around a couple of days ago.

That was my thought too. And this would be a great chance to give us another Ahsoka that looks older and doesn't cost $40 on Bricklink.

1 minute ago, MKJoshA said:

That was my thought too. And this would be a great chance to give us another Ahsoka that looks older and doesn't cost $40 on Bricklink.

I agree on both of those points though that battlepack sounded too good to be true, I am reminded of the Bounty Hunter pack courtesy of the Freemaker Adventures. 

Man the announcement really hit me in the feels, best news I've heard in a long time. I am really looking forward to seeing more sets based on the show and I suspect they'll continue making some based on past episodes in addition to the new ones. 

20 hours ago, TWRAddict said:

Clone Wars is coming back: 

finally someone understand that it was the best series ever ... imao

Is it just me, or do the clone wars vehicles/sets feel more star wars-y than the new episodes ones? 

I loved the way they were designed to look completely different, yet still had that star wars feel, so it was refreshing getting vehicle based sets from them. The RGS being my favourite clone wars ship, at-te being an awesome looking walker.

With the new episodes (vii,viii etc), I just feel they're essentially lazy rehashed or 'refined updated versions of the star wars universe ships/walkers' which, after having multiple updated lego sets of such, makes me lose all will to fork out another £100 give or take, for a few different coloured pieces, or a gorilla style atat, or another x wing which looks ever so slightly better than the previous... 

1 hour ago, Fuppylodders said:

Is it just me, or do the clone wars vehicles/sets feel more star wars-y than the new episodes ones? 

I loved the way they were designed to look completely different, yet still had that star wars feel, so it was refreshing getting vehicle based sets from them. The RGS being my favourite clone wars ship, at-te being an awesome looking walker.

With the new episodes (vii,viii etc), I just feel they're essentially lazy rehashed or 'refined updated versions of the star wars universe ships/walkers' which, after having multiple updated lego sets of such, makes me lose all will to fork out another £100 give or take, for a few different coloured pieces, or a gorilla style atat, or another x wing which looks ever so slightly better than the previous... 

Exactly my thoughts. I have stopped collecting anything new trilogy. I appreciate the films, but I just don't get that same buzz from the sets / minifigures. I recently made the decision to sell my new trilogy stuff to fund more OT / PT as so many sets come out so quickly these days it's not only a bottomless money pit, but I realised I just wasn't appreciating the new stuff. Little did I know that we may be getting more PT/CW sets than we bargained for!

2 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

That's because many of them are based on old Doug Chiang concept art for Episode I/II. He's a brilliant designer, one of few bright spots of the prequel trilogy.

2 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Exactly my thoughts. I have stopped collecting anything new trilogy. I appreciate the films, but I just don't get that same buzz from the sets / minifigures. I recently made the decision to sell my new trilogy stuff to fund more OT / PT as so many sets come out so quickly these days it's not only a bottomless money pit, but I realised I just wasn't appreciating the new stuff. Little did I know that we may be getting more PT/CW sets than we bargained for!

I'm literally exactly the same as this. Although I stopped buying just as I stopped appreciating them. I found I started buying for the sake of it rather than because I really liked them. Like, I might buy the set just because I liked one specific minifig and the set was 'ok'. I'm looking forward to the potential new sets and seeing what may come from them for the CW. 

I actually think the OT, PT, and CW sets are getting worse. They seem to put way more effort into the new movie sets. Sure some are good such as the new X-wing, but sets like the duel on naboo, imperial dropship, hoth medical chamber and the new sandcrawler just seem rushed, especially when it comes to the minifigs.

I disagree on the Hoth Medical Chamber. It has by far the nicest interior build of any Hoth set. Neither Assault on Hoth nor 2011's Hoth Echo Base looked anywhere near as well designed. I can't complain about the minifigures either - these are characters that should've appeared in the UCS set. Honestly the only thing I think could be improved would be the addition of modular elements that would allow different Hoth themed sets to connect with one another.

I'm surprised by how many people are excited about the CW coming back. IMHO. Being an OT fan first, then watching the PTs as they came out, etc... I never liked the CW. I own over 100 star wars lego sets and none of them are CW sets ie: have bug-eyed figures. I guess this will help me save money if Lego goes back down this path. :blush:

While I personally don't like it, seeing how many people are excited for this is impressive and I'm happy for you. I hope you guys get some good stuff! :excited:

Edited by thorin
CW is canon - correction

Actually The Clone Wars has always been canon, it’s the only thing pre Disney that is (except the Darth Maul: Son of Darhimir comic, but that’s based off of stories they didn’t get to make for Clone Wars)

4 minutes ago, Hulk_Smash said:

Actually The Clone Wars has always been canon, it’s the only thing pre Disney that is (except the Darth Maul: Son of Darhimir comic, but that’s based off of stories they didn’t get to make for Clone Wars)

I didn't realize Disney left it in. Sorry for the confusion. Did a little research and you're correct. Thanks for pointing that out!

No problem :)

back on topic, does anyone know when the latest sets are released in the UK?

28 minutes ago, thorin said:

I'm surprised by how many people are excited about the CW coming back. IMHO. Being an OT fan first, then watching the PTs as they came out, etc... I never liked the CW. In fact, I thought that Disney kept it non-canon to protect the purity of the Star Wars storyline since there are so many instances in the CW universe that directly contradict the movies/films. I own over 100 star wars lego sets and none of them are CW sets ie: have bug-eyed figures. I guess this will help me save money if Lego goes back down this path. :blush:

While I personally don't like it, seeing how many people are excited for this is impressive and I'm happy for you. I hope you guys get some good stuff! :excited:

Lets hope they give them normal faces this time and that the clone troopers have the same print as the EP 2 and 3 clones. That would be a feast. :drool:

Edited by Cyberfounder

1 hour ago, Hulk_Smash said:

No problem :)

back on topic, does anyone know when the latest sets are released in the UK?

IWOOT says 1st August which matches the leaked catalogue from months back. :)

1 hour ago, Cyberfounder said:

Lets hope they give them normal faces this time and that the clone troopers have the same print as the EP 2 and 3 clones.

Seems likely, since they already released Senate Commandos and clones inspired by the Geonosis episodes with that armor design and non-TCW faces.

17 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

I agree. That's why I'm only buying location based sequel sets like Ahch-To Island and Encounter on Jakku.

2 hours ago, Cyberfounder said:

Lets hope they give them normal faces this time and that the clone troopers have the same print as the EP 2 and 3 clones. That would be a feast. :drool:

I'm convinced that if they make new sets that will be the case. I hope the clone faces will get a little more personality than the standard clone faces from 2 and 3. However since we never got any sets for the last season of both rebels and clone wars I'm kinda doubting we'll get them for half a season of the clone wars.

Edited by Huigberts Builds

There is rumored to be a 501 battlepack coming out

Comes with rex, fives (arc trooper) jesse and hardcase

I'm guessing that they're phase 2 clone wars

And a praetorian guard battle pack

Edited by JarJarBonks