MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

11 hours ago, Deadshot said:

A few are pretty underpriced, but a couple are just insane.

How could Lego possibly justify pricing like that?

It's justified by the fact that people still eat LEGO up no matter the price, mainly AFOLS

6 hours ago, wesker said:

I'm a bit skeptical to be honest. Aside from these rumours coming about a month too early, there just seems to be a couple of red flags. The first one being 75230 Ewok Tree Attack sharing the same set number as the 75230 Porg.

Then there's the 501st Battle Pack. I know we've gotten named characters in Battlepacks recently - but Captain Rex being paired with Fives, Jesse and Hardcase just reads too much like a diehard Clone Wars fanboy's wishlist. Maybe if there was only one or two named clones with the rest being generic ones I might find it a bit more believable.

Then there's the Raddus. Lego has done capital ships before and could easily pull off the Raddus with a similar design to the Malevolence, but sets at that scale only come out in the Summer wave. Unless this is supposed to be the Resistance Shuttle that was rumoured a while back and apparently still coming, but then how can they screw up the name of the set so badly - especially when they're providing an accurate set number? In their defense though - the minifigure lineup here does sound a lot more plausible then the previously rumoured one.

I dont like this list, hope it's not true. And I also think it's a bit too early to drop a Preatorian guard battle pack, to take some of the excitement out of the snoke throne room set. And that Mimban set, with no new mini figure at all + they already made a "disguise set" for Solo. Plus I don't think they will release two good guys battle packs the same time, it has never happened before that they leave out the bad guys battle pack. And like you said, The ewok set feels pretty random. No I think it's fake. 

A well known source of information, formerly of this parish, has dismissed the Reddit list as nonsense. That’s all I need to know at this stage.

I hope to see in the future a set dedicated to the pursuit of speeders on Endor, maybe we can hope for next year if LEGO made the 20 years of the range with classic sets.

A set that includes :

- Luke and Leia in Endor outfit (and their rebel helmets).
- 2-3 Scout Troopers
- 2-3 speeders
- Vegetation and actions features

In short, a revival of the set 7128 but this time complete and updated!

Clearly that list is a fanmade list. Nothing about it seems like an actual replication of Lego's current marketing strategy. Now, with that being dismissed, lets move on from wishlists before an admin says otherwise...

As for Cloud City, I am seeing that Lando figure pop up again with people still thinking its the actual figure. It's still the one from a couple years back with the stormtrooper by its side and everything. So far we only have the leaks of the cloud car driver, the Ugnaught, and a potentially the Boba Fett, although I have my doubts about that one...

On 7/12/2018 at 5:05 PM, Robianco said:

I think it's a bit harsh on the UCS Slave 1 to call it a shelf warmer. It's arguably the best Star Wars set released in recent years (taking into account the cost of the UCS MF). A fantastic set.

Agreed - my word choice was poor, shelf-warming meaning no one is buying. My meaning was that we've been seeing this kit on shelves since January 2015 - and that's a long time. Glad to hear those who have been waiting on it are preparing to buy it before it's retired.

Still skeptical about the Resistance U-55 orbital load lifter being a real thing, let me break down why I don't think we're getting one:

• Lego likes to make sets with play features or good guys/bad guys balance. The only feature of these transports is that they explode (being fired on by the Supremacy). This is too dark for TLG to produce - it's nearly the same as having a Lars Homestead set where you can incinerate Owen and Beru.
  • We already have the Resistance Troop Transporter - 75140 as well as the Resistance Transport Pod - 75176. Do we realistically see another Lego kit with "Resistance Transport" written on it? Marketing-wise, it doesn't compute with that name. I'll eat my hat if they are called "U-55 Orbital Load Lifters."
  • This kit (or the Raddus) should have included Holdo, rather than the bomber kit - a scene which prefaces Holdo's introduction by about half the movie. Lt. Konnix would be a better anyway, she was in charge of the evac on D'Qar. Ideally, this kit would have Ep.8 Leia, Konnix and Holdo. 

There is an excellent MOC and build video out there by hachiroku24, it is a brilliant little build. I've built one and want to build a few more because they are light on the piece count.

Edited by darththeling

I think the Raddus and the Resistance Lifeboat have clearly been mixed up on that list. Interesting to note the inclusion of a Resistance BB-unit (more than likely intended to represent BB-4 (tan) or 2BB-2 (blue) - both of which were present on the Raddus in the film, the former of which was presumably destroyed in the hangar bombing and the latter survived the bridge attack and attended Holdo's briefing). I do have my reservations. 

On a personal note, I would really like to see it as an official set. 

36 minutes ago, darththeling said:

(Snip) The only feature of these transports is that they explode

That was enough for the Quadjumper to be made into a set though, and both the sets you mention had no bad guys in them either. (Not that I personally want to see it as a set or believe that they will make one, just saying...)

8 hours ago, Khargeust said:

I hope to see in the future a set dedicated to the pursuit of speeders on Endor, maybe we can hope for next year if LEGO made the 20 years of the range with classic sets.

A set that includes :

- Luke and Leia in Endor outfit (and their rebel helmets).
- 2-3 Scout Troopers
- 2-3 speeders
- Vegetation and actions features

In short, a revival of the set 7128 but this time complete and updated!

No wishlists please, there is a separate thread for that.  Use it please.

22 hours ago, Deadshot said:

Everything I've been able to find on the pricing of the new wave, or the Solo sets anyway, has been somewhat jaw-dropping to me.

Is the 75217 Conveyex Transport really going to be $80-90 for ~620 pieces?! And considering at least 60+ pieces of that total is treads is even more glaring.

The 75219 AT-Hauler is more reasonable from what I could find, 829 pieces for $90-100, but still a little high.

It can't just be "it's Star Wars licensing". Both Han's and Moloch's speeders were 50 or 60 pieces higher than $0.10 per piece.

Any more solid info on pricing for these kits? The only people I've seen who have them aren't in the US and can't speak definitively.

People were complaing about 10 cents per piece over 15 years ago.  The 10 cent per piece argument is old, let it go, otherwise this turns into a complaint thread.  Thanks.

As everybody is talking on that possible UCS set - are there any news on the Sentinel-Class? Or is nobody interested in that set?

7 hours ago, the_colonel said:

As everybody is talking on that possible UCS set - are there any news on the Sentinel-Class? Or is nobody interested in that set?

Pictures of it came out weeks ago, and its supposed price was revealed a page back. What else is there to know?

Found a site with UPC and DPCI numbers for those that like to use Brickseek. None in my area, but maybe you'll get lucky.

SUMMER 2018 SETS
75203 Hoth Medical Chamber
UPC: 673419282284
Walmart SKU: 291005014

75213 Advent Calendar
UPC: 673419283434
DPCI: 204-00-2203
Walmart SKU: 271619081

75214 Anakin’s Jedi Starfighter
UPC: 673419282291
DPCI: 204-00-2204
Walmart SKU: 432162681

75215 Enfys Nest’s Speeder
UPC: 673419282307
DPCI: 204-00-2205
Walmart SKU: 767378220

75216 Snoke’s Throne Room
UPC: 673419282314
DPCI: 204-00-2206
Walmart SKU: 539920421

75217 Imperial Conveyex 
UPC: 673419282321
DPCI: 204-00-2183
Walmart SKU: 429831028

75218 X-wing Starfighter
UPC: 673419282338
DPCI: 204-00-2184
Walmart SKU: 541952411

75219 Imperial AT-Hauler
UPC: 673419282345
DPCI: 204-00-2185
Walmart SKU: 585955081

75220 Sandcrawler
UPC: 673419282758
DPCI: 204-00-2186
Walmart SKU: 935721612

75221 Imperial Landing Craft
UPC: 673419282758
DPCI: 204-00-2366
Walmart SKU: 935721612

75222 Cloud City

75230 Porg

LEGO BRICKHEADZ
41619 Darth Vader
UPC: 673419292665
DPCI: 204-00-2227
Walmart SKU: 539840198

41620 Stormtrooper
UPC: 673419282672
DPCI: 204-00-2228
Walmart SKU: 741168896

41627 Luke Skywalker & Yoda
UPC: 673419291835
DPCI: 204-00-2228
Walmart SKU: 495569106

41628 Princess Leia Organa
UPC: 673419291842
DPCI: 204-00-2234
Walmart SKU: 427526604

41629 Boba Fett
UPC: 673419292559
DPCI: 204-00-2335
Walmart SKU: 944637183

12 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Found a site with UPC and DPCI numbers for those that like to use Brickseek. None in my area, but maybe you'll get lucky.

yak face ???

Edited by Tidy
never mind ... did not notice the clickable link ... more coffee please.

I have seen the speed build videos of upcoming sets

75220 Sandcrawler I expected more

75219 Imperial AT hauler ... ugh... the ability to pick up the part of the train ... I don´t know

75218 X - wing starfighter looks nice  

75217 Imperial Conveyex is missing the tracks badly imao

2 minutes ago, DEAD1974 said:

75219 Imperial AT hauler ... ugh... the ability to pick up the part of the train ... I don´t know

he did it wrong. that's not how it works.

Just now, Tidy said:

he did it wrong. that's not how it works.

well it looked pretty weird, I was hoping that someone will say that it was done wrong, so thanks for the confirmation

17 minutes ago, DEAD1974 said:

well it looked pretty weird, I was hoping that someone will say that it was done wrong, so thanks for the confirmation

i think he muffed the build too, there are certain things that just aren't working as they should ... however, the gist is there and i'm kinda looking forward to the hauler.

Wow I'm really excited for Cloud City. The Minifigure collection sounds great. I hope the rumored Darth Vader doesn't use the transformation burned Annakin head but the redemption one from ROTJ. I'm happy ESB finally gets the sets it deserves with a D2c CC and Yoda's hut last time. It only covered the hoth part for years. Now we just need some new AOTC sets because we only ever got the Standard clone wars vehicles.

Anyway how big are the chances of us getting a new Carbonite Han mold? Since the old one still has the old hair...

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

Wow I'm really excited for Cloud City. The Minifigure collection sounds great. I hope the rumored Darth Vader doesn't use the transformation burned Annakin head but the redemption one from ROTJ. I'm happy ESB finally gets the sets it deserves with a D2c CC and Yoda's hut last time. It only covered the hoth part for years. Now we just need some new AOTC sets because we only ever got the Standard clone wars vehicles.

Anyway how big are the chances of us getting a new Carbonite Han mold? Since the old one still has the old hair...

what minifig collection ?!

37 minutes ago, Tidy said:

I’m unsure too...

14 hours ago, the_colonel said:

If you mean Cloud City, it's not a possible set - it's confirmed.

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Would be fantastic if you heard or saw something that you could share here because so far, the only ones that have been circulating is the cloud car pilot and a new ugnaught

5 hours ago, Tidy said:

I'm sorry I meant minifigure selection, my phone must have autocorrected that one.

3 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Would be fantastic if you heard or saw something that you could share here because so far, the only ones that have been circulating is the cloud car pilot and a new ugnaught

I was talking about a list from a few pages back:

On 7/6/2018 at 3:25 PM, Seaber said:

I really like the look of these figures so far! 

So we have Luke, Leia, Han, R2, 3PO, Chewie, Lando, Boba Fett, Darth Vader and Lobot as major characters. At least one Ugnaught and at least one cloud car pilot would take us up to at least twelve minifigs. This set sounds like it is between Assault on Hoth and the Death Star so let's say the minifigure count is high teens to low twenties, we could see more Ugnaughts and pilots, as well as Bespin Guards, Stormtroopers and Imperial officers. Han wears two outfits and Leia three which might also be included. 

Whatever happens, I'm so excited for this set! 

I mistook it for a real/rumored list. I don't know anything other than you guys. I'm sorry for the confusion.