MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

It would be great if there will be a seperate Cloud City Twin Pod set next to the Bespin UCS. You can buy (if wanted) more of them, plus more bricks for the cloud city, and probably more bricks for a good rendition of a real hard ship to make with bricks. I'm just a little afraid we'll get a small chibi version of that twin pod. It'll look better if the platforms that will be sticking out (if there are any) are not too big to mess up the aesthetics of the set. But then again who knows what we will be getting :-/

With a Cloud City out, i think that a remake of a Slave 1 is also a logical move for Lego. Throw a Zuckuss in and we all buy that.

I'd get anything that had a Zuckuss in it... He's the last one from the SSD that we don't have, guess they held him back from the bounty hunters pack for a reason?

2 hours ago, Darth Malgus said:

I'd get anything that had a Zuckuss in it... He's the last one from the SSD that we don't have, guess they held him back from the bounty hunters pack for a reason?

The reason probably being to save money, when only nedred to make one new mold for a small pack. 

Considiring the time it took between bossk ig88 and 4lom it might just take 6 more years to get a Zuckuss, or more, who knows.

Personally, I just got a very nice custom Zuckuss so I actually hope we dont get him at all

8 hours ago, Darth Malgus said:

5 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Personally, I just got a very nice custom Zuckuss so I actually hope we dont get him at all

the bounty hunter battle pack was pretty darn much a scene right out of freemakers minus zuckuss ... i wish i knew the reason he was excluded [considering dengar was in another freemakers set] ... watch the episode in season 2 'return to the wheel' ... the render of zuckuss looks amazing ... i too have nice customs, but aren't as nice as that render, and if the lego zuckuss looked like that render, i'd have 2 customs that i'd dump in a new york minute ... 

so we should all be hoping for another 'wave' of freemakers sets and a 3rd season ...

lego-star-wars-freemaker-adventures-206-

though i think the new skirt piece would be so much better than standard legs ...

15 hours ago, Borex said:

It would be great if there will be a seperate Cloud City Twin Pod set next to the Bespin UCS. You can buy (if wanted) more of them, plus more bricks for the cloud city, and probably more bricks for a good rendition of a real hard ship to make with bricks. I'm just a little afraid we'll get a small chibi version of that twin pod. It'll look better if the platforms that will be sticking out (if there are any) are not too big to mess up the aesthetics of the set. But then again who knows what we will be getting :-/

With a Cloud City out, i think that a remake of a Slave 1 is also a logical move for Lego. Throw a Zuckuss in and we all buy that.

The reasoning is fair enough, but I think IIRC there were some unconfirmed eyewitness reports a few months ago (or few dozen pages ago here) that indicated that a mini Slave 1 build was part of 75222 Cloud City. Is the UCS Slave 1 still warming shelves?

34 minutes ago, darththeling said:

Is the UCS Slave 1 still warming shelves?

Yes it is, in fact I was looking at one a couple of days ago, strongly considering buying one before they are gone, I hear it's a great build. 

2 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Yes it is, in fact I was looking at one a couple of days ago, strongly considering buying one before they are gone, I hear it's a great build. 

yes its a brilliant build

6 hours ago, darththeling said:

The reasoning is fair enough, but I think IIRC there were some unconfirmed eyewitness reports a few months ago (or few dozen pages ago here) that indicated that a mini Slave 1 build was part of 75222 Cloud City. Is the UCS Slave 1 still warming shelves?

Oh i did miss that part. 

On another note; what do y’all think of the ugnaught heads? I really want to like them, but for some reason they look too cartoonish instead of legofied ugnaughts. I didn’t get the carbon freezer because of it. 

I think it's a bit harsh on the UCS Slave 1 to call it a shelf warmer. It's arguably the best Star Wars set released in recent years (taking into account the cost of the UCS MF). A fantastic set.

14 hours ago, Tidy said:

the bounty hunter battle pack was pretty darn much a scene right out of freemakers minus zuckuss ... i wish i knew the reason he was excluded [considering dengar was in another freemakers set] ... watch the episode in season 2 'return to the wheel' ... the render of zuckuss looks amazing ... i too have nice customs, but aren't as nice as that render, and if the lego zuckuss looked like that render, i'd have 2 customs that i'd dump in a new york minute ... 

so we should all be hoping for another 'wave' of freemakers sets and a 3rd season ...

lego-star-wars-freemaker-adventures-206-

though i think the new skirt piece would be so much better than standard legs ...

I got that, however.  I think TLG tends to look at these with OT eyes, it just works out that they can create these scenes in the Freemakers series.

I still stand by my original assertion that he needs to be made to complete the scene from ESB, whether it happens as a result of some other media medium, personally I don't care. 

12 hours ago, Robianco said:

I think it's a bit harsh on the UCS Slave 1 to call it a shelf warmer. It's arguably the best Star Wars set released in recent years (taking into account the cost of the UCS MF). A fantastic set.

I suspect it will be viewed as an iconic set in the years to come. And great value too, considering what you get for the price.

5 hours ago, Markalus said:

I suspect it will be viewed as an iconic set in the years to come. And great value too, considering what you get for the price.

Even more if compared with the Kessel Run MF...  It's a great companion of the new UCS MF, so it might be available more time than usual. I believe that's the case already.

Edited by dvogon

It's no coincidence that Slave 1 is still available at the same time as the ESB Falcon... If we do get a Cloud City then those two are a must. Factor in the Solo TIE and the upcoming X-Wing and we have all the vessels flying around CC. If we do get a Cloud Car then the only thing missing from that part of ESB would be a Star Destroyer... 

Wasn't there a leaked Boba Fett fig a few months ago? He had a dual molded arm and a thermal detonator accessory. I believe he also had a new face print. If so, he probably will be included in the new Cloud City.

Edited by Mountain Drew

On 7/12/2018 at 8:35 PM, Borex said:

what do y’all think of the ugnaught heads? I really want to like them, but for some reason they look too cartoonish instead of legofied ugnaughts.

Any different alien species or head mould is a huge plus for me but I totally see where you’re coming from on this. I think the figure is based off the Rebels animation of an ugnaught which might explain why it looks cartoonish.

Must admit when I heard of a new ugnaught leak from CC, I was hoping for a different mould. I’m happy with a unique print and the figure in general, but hopefully in the future they’ll release a more movie accurate mould.

19 hours ago, Mountain Drew said:

Wasn't there a leaked Boba Fett fig a few months ago? He had a dual molded arm and a thermal detonator accessory. I believe he also had a new face print. If so, he probably will be included in the new Cloud City.

I remember that, but I don't know if that was real because LEGO has never put dual molding in a star wars set before, even a UCS. We will be lucky to even get arm printing. Still, I really hope it was real.

if you search around youtube there are speedbuilds from russia of most new summer sets and more to come. also a review of the swoops in polish with english subtitles. 

the more ore i watch, the less i’m liking the conveyex and snokes throne room. the two with (imho) the most desirable figs (praetorians and range troopers) and the more i like the hauler.

49 minutes ago, Tidy said:

if you search around youtube there are speedbuilds from russia of most new summer sets and more to come. also a review of the swoops in polish with english subtitles. 

the more ore i watch, the less i’m liking the conveyex and snokes throne room. the two with (imho) the most desirable figs (praetorians and range troopers) and the more i like the hauler.

Some stores are starting to get them in the US as well. I've already purchased the 75215 Anakin's Jedi Starfighter and the 75216 Cloud-Rider Swoop bikes at my local Fred Meyer (branch of Kroger). They were even on sale! :sweet:

On 7/8/2018 at 1:25 PM, Bartybum said:

So was the V-19 confirmed to just be the Imperial Landing Craft?

Looking like the UCS Cloud City will be the last release of 2018, right?  Still I’m trying to keep up to date on the rumors for upcoming sets.  Have we heard any news since the announcement of the August wave?  What about the talk of a dedicated Mimban Trench set?  And of course, any news about the rumored V-19?

1 minute ago, Skyhammer said:

Looking like the UCS Cloud City will be the last release of 2018, right?  Still I’m trying to keep up to date on the rumors for upcoming sets.  Have we heard any news since the announcement of the August wave?  What about the talk of a dedicated Mimban Trench set?  And of course, any news about the rumored V-19?

Weird you spoke of the Mimban set...

Edited: List of 2019 Kits on Reddit pages from Twitter source.

Edited by BP VFX

Everything I've been able to find on the pricing of the new wave, or the Solo sets anyway, has been somewhat jaw-dropping to me.

Is the 75217 Conveyex Transport really going to be $80-90 for ~620 pieces?! And considering at least 60+ pieces of that total is treads is even more glaring.

The 75219 AT-Hauler is more reasonable from what I could find, 829 pieces for $90-100, but still a little high.

It can't just be "it's Star Wars licensing". Both Han's and Moloch's speeders were 50 or 60 pieces higher than $0.10 per piece.

Any more solid info on pricing for these kits? The only people I've seen who have them aren't in the US and can't speak definitively.

SET NUMBER    USD                 PIECE COUNT    NAME

75203                 $29.99              255                      HOTH MEDICAL CHAMBER             
75213                 $39.99              307                      ADVENT CALENDAR             
75214                 $19.99              247                      ANAKIN’S STARFIGHTER             
75215                 $29.99              355                      CLOUD RIDER SWOOP BIKES        
75216                 $69.99              492                      SNOKE'S THRONE ROOM             
75217                 $89.99              622                      IMPERIAL CONVEYEX TRANSPORT              
75218                 $79.99              731                      X-WING             
75219                 $99.99              829                      IMPERIAL AT-HAULER           
75220               $139.99            1239                      SANDCRAWLER             
75221                 $89.99              636                      SENTINEL CLASS SHUTTLE / IMPERIAL LANDING CRAFT

A few are pretty underpriced, but a couple are just insane.

How could Lego possibly justify pricing like that?

High value minifigs, inflation, increased costs? Don't know, but yes, some are insane. Just compare the Conveyex to 2014's AT-AP:

Conveyex, 622 pieces, 5 minifigs -  $89.99

AT-AP, 717 pieces, 5 minifigs - $59.99

Even though three of the AT-AP's minifigs are not really minifigs but droids, this is hard to understand. I mean, it's only four years. As I said, I guess the combination of high value minifigs like the Praetorians or the Range Troopers, inflation, and increased costs may explain some of it. Retailers will reduce the prices significantly, too. Anyway, it's a shame. I am on a budget right now, so I will have to wait for an even greater price drop.

7 hours ago, BP VFX said:

Weird you spoke of the Mimban set...

Edited: List of 2019 Kits on Reddit pages from Twitter source.

I'm a bit skeptical to be honest. Aside from these rumours coming about a month too early, there just seems to be a couple of red flags. The first one being 75230 Ewok Tree Attack sharing the same set number as the 75230 Porg.

Then there's the 501st Battle Pack. I know we've gotten named characters in Battlepacks recently - but Captain Rex being paired with Fives, Jesse and Hardcase just reads too much like a diehard Clone Wars fanboy's wishlist. Maybe if there was only one or two named clones with the rest being generic ones I might find it a bit more believable.

Then there's the Raddus. Lego has done capital ships before and could easily pull off the Raddus with a similar design to the Malevolence, but sets at that scale only come out in the Summer wave. Unless this is supposed to be the Resistance Shuttle that was rumoured a while back and apparently still coming, but then how can they screw up the name of the set so badly - especially when they're providing an accurate set number? In their defense though - the minifigure lineup here does sound a lot more plausible then the previously rumoured one.