MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

Is that ugnaught a named one? I only remember seeing the ones with the white mustaches (and no brown hair). 

Edited by Range Trooper

5 hours ago, Range Trooper said:

Is that ugnaught a named one? I only remember seeing the ones with the white mustaches (and no brown hair). 

4F415C5E-78D8-409A-9139-C94F46241BD4.jpeg.10c3dcfa0691b9ef7dc3dec2046c2a9d.jpeg

I guess it’s supposed to be the Ugnaught on the left. I don’t know his name.

I dont think the face-printing on the leaked minifig is very accurate though...

Edited by Bantha Fodder

21 hours ago, dvogon said:

A Slave I bigger than Microfighter scale would be too big. The same thing applies to the cloud car. It would be better to release System-scale versions of those vehicles as separate sets, leaving more parts for the Cloud City itself.

I feel the same way as the rest of you. But I did want to note that the DS has a tie advanced in the docking bay which was bigger than a micro-fighter but not as big as past system scale versions... It looked good, could fully enclose a minifigure, and didn't eat up a lot of bricks... Maybe they will be similar to that concept/scale? Either way, it will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

do we have any info when the Cloud City set will be released, will it be this year?

5 hours ago, Bantha Fodder said:

That was the only reference picture I could find to a ugnaught with that outfit and I agree that the face printing just doesn't look right. In fact I went looking for a photo not so much because of the outfit, but because I just couldn't remember any of the ugnaughts' faces having those horizontal brown lines. To fit with the outfit the print really needed to give the ugnaught some proper hair, otherwise it looks more like the ugnaught standing right next to him but in that case it would need some white hair down the face.

TBH it looks more like a child ugnaught that's about to burst out crying. ?

Edited by BacktoBricks

6 hours ago, Bantha Fodder said:

Great reference pic, thanks for sharing. I was comparing it to the leaked ugnaught with the one that comes with the carbon freezing chamber 75137. Maybe the blue overalls look is reserved for maintenance workers - the carbon chamber, the garbage incinerator. This new grey tunic ugnaught from the leaked set could indicate a more white-collar type of worker around Cloud City.

Agree about the accuracy of the print. These leaks we find online might be the result of someone raiding the garbage from a factory doing quality assurance? This could be an early draft ugly duckling.

Edited by darththeling

8 hours ago, DEAD1974 said:

do we have any info when the Cloud City set will be released, will it be this year?

It will be this year, in september/october.

Edited by Khargeust
Wrong topic

4 hours ago, Khargeust said:

It will be this year, in september/october.

Where did that AT-AT related quote from SVL come from? Was this a hint of something? I went back and can’t find that original post? Did he delete it?

5 hours ago, darththeling said:

Great reference pic, thanks for sharing. I was comparing it to the leaked ugnaught with the one that comes with the carbon freezing chamber 75137. Maybe the blue overalls look is reserved for maintenance workers - the carbon chamber, the garbage incinerator. This new grey tunic ugnaught from the leaked set could indicate a more white-collar type of worker around Cloud City.

Agree about the accuracy of the print. These leaks we find online might be the result of someone raiding the garbage from a factory doing quality assurance? This could be an early draft ugly duckling.

The photo actually came from a seller I'm following on eBay. He's located in China. He lists tons of figures before the set INFO even leaks. I don't know how he gets them, but I highly doubt it's a factory error, unfortunately.

33 minutes ago, thorin said:

Where did that AT-AT related quote from SVL come from? Was this a hint of something? I went back and can’t find that original post? Did he delete it?

It was mine. I was wrong in republishing my message. This is a question that was originally dedicated to the topic "Future Star Wars Sets" but that I finally did not ask, because no one can have the answer, although I see many people thinking that a reissue of the AT-AT in 2019 is very likely given that next year it will be more than four years since we have had a new version.

11 hours ago, Bartybum said:

So was the V-19 confirmed to just be the Imperial Landing Craft?

No

Maybe the CC looks similar to its first version, but only bigger - meaning minimum two floors big and representing much more the shape of CC: one side with the exterior with two landing platforms (one for Slave I and one for a possible Cloud Car) and the other side with the interior (entrance floor, carbon freezing chamber, waiting room, dining room, prison, torture chamber, duelling room and the "bridge" where Luke falls down). What do you think?

3 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Maybe the CC looks similar to its first version, but only bigger - meaning minimum two floors big and representing much more the shape of CC: one side with the exterior with two landing platforms (one for Slave I and one for a possible Cloud Car) and the other side with the interior (entrance floor, carbon freezing chamber, waiting room, dining room, prison, torture chamber, duelling room and the "bridge" where Luke falls down). What do you think?

This set is particular difficult to imagine how the did it, I think that there are so many different options to go for...

I'm hoping that they surprise us with something a little different like they did with Ewok Village. Theres a lot of different ways they can go, something similar to the Death Star but in a smaller scale but even having ships that are between micro and system, they can go with a single scene or two similar to Ewok Village, they can do a bigger version of the original Cloud City, or they could even do what they did for Assault on Hoth and make it a collection of sets/scenes (but they won't be sets we've ever gotten before).

I hope that they at least give us paneling with the new Cloud City, I'm still mad about the 75159 Death Star, and how Lego tried to add an extra $100 for minifigures. For $500, they could have at least given us paneling to make it look nicer. Hopefully they'll redeem themselves this time.

So here's another Lego leak, this is of what looks to be a long overdue updated visual dictionary. I personally love these and will be definitely getting it! These usually retail for around $30 but they are huge fully printed books so it's worth it! Will you be getting one?  #lego #legonews #legominifigures #legostarwars #legoleaks

So I guess we're getting another visual dictionary. At least it has an exclusive figure

It's heavily rumoured that Lando will be in episode 9. Maybe this means that the UCS Cloud City could include things from episode 9, if it's included. I know it's unlikely but not impossible

Edited by RealGeronimo11

24 minutes ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

It's heavily rumoured that Lando will be in episode 9. Maybe this means that the UCS Cloud City could include things from episode 9, if it's included. I know it's unlikely but not impossible

While I think that would be awesome, I don't see LEGO releasing anything Episode 9 related until next year. Since they haven't even started shooting (or maybe they did just recently, I can't really remember) it would be far too soon for them to release anything yet. BUT, they could leave it open for future additions, like the Assault on Hoth and the new Hoth Medical Center being released.

Concerning 75222 Cloud City: Amazon listing says the packaging is going to be 4.46 kg and 59.8 x 49.9 x 26.5 cm.

I'm not completely sure the measurements are correct, since it would be larger but lighter than the Death Star packaging. But at least it's some info and it seems to add up with the info from @Sir von Lego about the price...

7 hours ago, CodeNameGoldMember said:

While I think that would be awesome, I don't see LEGO releasing anything Episode 9 related until next year. Since they haven't even started shooting (or maybe they did just recently, I can't really remember) it would be far too soon for them to release anything yet. BUT, they could leave it open for future additions, like the Assault on Hoth and the new Hoth Medical Center being released.

Ahhh, I forgot about that but I can see an Assault on Hoth scenario happening

New Lando fig in the normal place, looks great. Can anyone confirm it's not the custom that did the rounds a few months ago? 

looks just like the fake/custom that has been floating around for years.

complete with the stormie by his side.