MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

1 hour ago, Sir von Lego said:

Just talked to LEGO and they told me that 75222 will be definitely Cloud City and will get a 349.99 EUR price tag.

But that means it will be small! No!

The Death Star was €500, and that was 2 years ago...

I don’t want to be the guy that says «it’s too cheap!» (LOL), but i want the Cloud City set to be a large UCS, not a small/medium one...

I now fear the set will be closer to Assult on Hoth, rather than the last Death Star.

There's also a new Ugnaught that just popped on Ebay, different torso and face print compared to the one from the Carbon freeze chamber we got a while ago. 

If that information is true, it would mean the Cloud City set will have around 3.000-3.500 pcs. 

Smaller than I expected but hey, roughly 5 times as big as the original ;-) 

19 minutes ago, Joel1234 said:

If that information is true, it would mean the Cloud City set will have around 3.000-3.500 pcs. 

Smaller than I expected but hey, roughly 5 times as big as the original ;-) 

We all know that today’s sets use a lot more smaller bricks, and have more details than sets did 15 years ago. The price per brick has also gone up. My point is: The new CC will not be close to five times as big as the CC from 2003. 

13 minutes ago, Bantha Fodder said:

We all know that today’s sets use a lot more smaller bricks, and have more details than sets did 15 years ago. The price per brick has also gone up. My point is: The new CC will not be close to five times as big as the CC from 2003. 

Yea I know, I meant in piece count :) 

I really like the look of these figures so far! 

So we have Luke, Leia, Han, R2, 3PO, Chewie, Lando, Boba Fett, Darth Vader and Lobot as major characters. At least one Ugnaught and at least one cloud car pilot would take us up to at least twelve minifigs. This set sounds like it is between Assault on Hoth and the Death Star so let's say the minifigure count is high teens to low twenties, we could see more Ugnaughts and pilots, as well as Bespin Guards, Stormtroopers and Imperial officers. Han wears two outfits and Leia three which might also be included. 

Whatever happens, I'm so excited for this set! 

Not surprised to hear Cloud City is “small”. If it really is like the top half of the Death Star it sounds about right. I need to see photos obviously before I decide on it... but here’s hoping LEGO have learned from the Falcon and it’s easy to get. I haven’t seen the Y-Wing go on back order yet, but Cloud City is a different beast.

I guess it'll be CC (a disk looking like the top half of the Death Star, maybe slightly bigger and flatter), a small Slave I and a small (maybe normal scale) Cloud Car.

I wonder if they'll incorporate a landing platform on the disk or just sticking out of the main assembly, like in the old CC. Could there also be a small MF?

3 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

Just talked to LEGO and they told me that 75222 will be definitely Cloud City and will get a 349.99 EUR price tag.

Thanks for the info! These are great news!! :sweet: 

Having the Death Star at €500 with 4000 pieces gives around 12.5c per piece. So for a €350 SW set, an estimation could be 2800 pieces, or about 0.7 of a Death Star.

If it has a similar design of a Death Star, and I see no reason why TLG would do another thing here, the Cloud City set could be wider than the Death Star but smaller in height at the same time, taking into account that the lower part of the set should be smaller than in the Death Star and the upper part more plane. So it wouldn't feel smaller in volume to the eyes than the death star, if it has a bigger equator circle. I have more or less the same feeling of @Terrasher

With that pieces count, I guess it won't have an outside structure covering the whole thing, unless the set is significantly smaller, i.e. with an equator circle about the same of that of the Death Star. But I don't count on this... it would be a great surprise though. 

Edited by dvogon

The new Cloud Car Pilot looks great! Not bothered about the lack of leg printing - I'm just glad we're finally getting one! The new Ugnaught variant looks pretty good too. It will be interesting to see how many characters do get included. Both the Ewok Village and Assault on Hoth came with 17 figures (including the Tauntaun and Wampa) but if this is going to be an extra £100 then I can see the number being pushed up further to 20 figures.

I'm also curious if we can expect any new molds with this set? The Carbonite piece is due an update to match the current Han Solo minifigures. Leia would also need a new mold to accurately represent her Bespin hairstyle (with the benefit of also being potentially reused down the line for Depa Billaba).

Speaking of Leia - hopefully both Cloud City costumes are included. The red gown is overdue for an update, but the white jumpsuit has never been done before. Unless there's a promotional polybag or Slave I re-release planned for the near future, this will be the only chance to cover both variations.

CC Ugnaught minifigures also leaked, not a good printing tbh

I think the cloud city pilot looks good!

As for Cloud City itself, I will be very surprised if it turns out it is fully covered. I expect it to be an open playset (and at that price point I think it is what makes the most sense).

Really looking forward to getting the "missing" figures; Luke in fatigues, classic Lando, and Leia (hopefully both costumes, or the gown if there is only one).  And Willrow Hood of course. :laugh:

There's an updated Visual Dictionary scheduled to be released April 1 of 2019 according to the UK Amazon. It will include a new, exclusive minifigure.

Yes I know this isn't 2018 but it's too soon to make a 2019 thread.

Thank you all very much for the news! :classic:

It's funny: One day I thought about which OT vehicles we haven't seen as a decent set yet and the Imperial Landing Craft came to my mind. I thought that it would go perfectly with all the Tatooine sets of this year and the ones from the past years. But I was sure that it wouldn't be released any time soon and for sure not this year. The next day I went here and voila - there's the new Imperial Landing Craft. :laugh:

Apart from the joyless minifigure selection (We really don't need hundreds of Kenobis and R2-D2s!) and the poor interior, the Imperial Landing Craft looks great! :thumbup:

The Hoth Medical Chamber is a great and decent addition to Assault on Hoth with all needed minifigures. :thumbup:

And which concerns Cloud City: The CC Pilot as well as the new Ugunauth look good. But "only" 350 Euros for the set although it shall include Slave 1?! Counting the vehicle being about 100 Euros, then the loctation wouldn't be much bigger than Assault on Hoth! :sceptic:

17 hours ago, BBProductions said:

Where is the link to the pictures of the cloud city leak. Are they even out yet?

There are no images, and we can't link to them if they ever appear/ begin to exist.

On 7/3/2018 at 7:05 AM, TheBrickLord said:

Does anyone know how much the Conveyex will cost? I was putting together an order of new HP sets to get the double VIP points at the beginning of August, and after seeing it on the back of the calendar, figured I might pick it up.

It'll be 80 GBP and $89.99 US. I don't know what it's looking like on the EUR front, but I would suspect that a number around 89.99 is likely your best bet.

Wow once again U.K Prices continue to rise to the point of no return (I’m looking at you X-Wing)

- Cloud Rider Swoop Bikes £25.99

- Anakins Jedi Starfighter £25.99

- Snokes Throne Room £64.99

- Conveyex £79.99

- Hauler £89.99

- X-wing £89.99

- Sandcrawler £109.99

The thing I'm afraid of is that the rumor Slave I is included in 75222 turns out to be correct.

Slave I, a Cloud Car.... how 'big' will CC itself be?

14 hours ago, TWRAddict said:

Yes I know this isn't 2018 but it's too soon to make a 2019 thread.

You'd think so, but this thread was opened for comments in July last year so maybe soon. :) Time really flies when you're discussing Lego. ?

37 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

You'd think so, but this thread was opened for comments in July last year so maybe soon. :) Time really flies when you're discussing Lego. ?

They probably fear to run out of stock like the 75192 :wink:

Edited by G59

2 hours ago, Peasantseverywhere said:

Wow once again U.K Prices continue to rise to the point of no return (I’m looking at you X-Wing)

- Cloud Rider Swoop Bikes £25.99

- Anakins Jedi Starfighter £25.99

- Snokes Throne Room £64.99

- Conveyex £79.99

- Hauler £89.99

- X-wing £89.99

- Sandcrawler £109.99

Where did you find this?

I kind of expected worse for the cloud rider bikes,hauler and sandcrawler as they are cheaper than I thought but come on the rest is ridiculous.

59 minutes ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

The thing I'm afraid of is that the rumor Slave I is included in 75222 turns out to be correct.

Slave I, a Cloud Car.... how 'big' will CC itself be?

That's right. From where did come those Slave I rumors with the CC?

A Slave I bigger than Microfighter scale would be too big. The same thing applies to the cloud car. It would be better to release System-scale versions of those vehicles as separate sets, leaving more parts for the Cloud City itself. 

They tried to put too many things in the Assault on Hoth set leaving a lame Echo base interior. The new medical chamber helps, but it should have been part of the set from the beginning, instead of the Wampa cave, which could have been a separate set. Let's see if this time TLG makes things better... :look:

Edited by dvogon

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 1:16 PM, Paperballpark said:

It's definitely Cloud City, and it's definitely a playset along the lines of the Death Star. It's not like Assault on Hoth.

In fact, chop the bottom off the Death Star, then add a few platforms and a ship or two (hello, 28-30 stud long Slave 1), and you're pretty much there.

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 3:06 PM, Paperballpark said:

No, not guesswork, I've seen a photo. I can't say how or where, but everything I said is from what I saw.

5 hours ago, dvogon said:

That's right. From where did come those Slave I rumors with the CC? 

A Slave I bigger than Microfighter scale would be too big.

^ The original information came from Paperballpark (I think they were the first to mention it). And the Slave 1 is definitely bigger than Microfighter scale.

I remember it being mentioned on here that the length was roughly the same as the original Slave I set that came out back in 2000. So bigger than Microfighter, but smaller than the other system scale versions.