MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

Sorry, but I haven't been following the thread; whatever happened with that UCS SSD rumor and is there any new info on Cloud City?

There was no real rumour for a SSD at any point... just guesswork and wishlisting based on a silhouette on a box. Still no details of the possible Cloud City either though.

53 minutes ago, Alegrispa said:

Bummer.

I don't agree--it's too soon for another UCS SSD. The last one was just in 2011; that would be the fastest duplicate UCS set we've ever had, even counting 75159 Death Star, which was just a minor update to 10188. I'm OK with remakes of some of the really old UCS sets, especially since the recent ones have been so nice by comparison (the new Sandcrawler, Falcon, X-wing, etc are all beautiful, and the old ones look dated by comparison), but the UCS Executor still looks like a recent set. It doesn't make any sense to make another one now when there are so many vehicles (the entire prequel and sequel trilogies) that haven't even been touched. It would be a waste of a UCS slot.

Just now, Galaad said:

Helmet isn't a new mold, it's form a RO rebel

Oof. Can't say I'm an expert on such things, I haven't bought a Star Wars set in four years

1 hour ago, Duncan Young said:

Suppose that confirms a Cloud City set

that would be great

17 minutes ago, Range Trooper said:

This makes me even more dissappointed that they did not include a helmet with the kessel mine worker.

why?

the polybag figure is a dead ringer for one of the mine workers ... not every mine worker had a helmet on, not every mine worker was all in yellow ... 

2 hours ago, ThousandMoon said:

Bit disappointed with the Cloud Car Pilot tbh - very tight with the printing yet again :::sigh:::

I think it looks nice, but always disappointed when leg printing is missing

The CC Pilot doesn’t really need any extra printing in the legs though. If you wanted to add any kind of leg pattern the white Imperial legs from the AT-DP Pilot might work

13 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

I don't agree--it's too soon for another UCS SSD. The last one was just in 2011; that would be the fastest duplicate UCS set we've ever had, even counting 75159 Death Star, which was just a minor update to 10188. I'm OK with remakes of some of the really old UCS sets, especially since the recent ones have been so nice by comparison (the new Sandcrawler, Falcon, X-wing, etc are all beautiful, and the old ones look dated by comparison), but the UCS Executor still looks like a recent set. It doesn't make any sense to make another one now when there are so many vehicles (the entire prequel and sequel trilogies) that haven't even been touched. It would be a waste of a UCS slot.

My bad, I meant a regular ISD. Since it's been like what? 15? 16 years? Kids where born in that time who now have jobs.

And the bummer was more about the lack on Cloud City info, but hey; Cloud Car pilot!

Edited by Alegrispa

I hope the cloud car included isn’t shrunk like the TIE Advanced, the ship is small enough to be included surely?

really excited for this set, hopefully more leaks follow soon

Perhaps not printing necessarily but I was really hoping for some yellow boots - perhaps white and bright light yellow dual-moulds, with some bright light yellow hands to match, would’ve looked so much better imo.

I do like the figure and I’m excited to see it, but relative to other lisenced themes, there often seems to be an aversion to details on SW figs (especially below the knee!), which is a bit baffling and frustrating.

Should be a relatively easy one to update tho still...

1 hour ago, ThousandMoon said:

Perhaps not printing necessarily but I was really hoping for some yellow boots - perhaps white and bright light yellow dual-moulds, with some bright light yellow hands to match, would’ve looked so much better imo.

I do like the figure and I’m excited to see it, but relative to other lisenced themes, there often seems to be an aversion to details on SW figs (especially below the knee!), which is a bit baffling and frustrating.

Should be a relatively easy one to update tho still...

I’ve actually got those already for a purist CC Pilot I was putting together.

2 hours ago, Robianco said:

The CC Pilot doesn’t really need any extra printing in the legs though. If you wanted to add any kind of leg pattern the white Imperial legs from the AT-DP Pilot might work

Just some wrinkles on the legs so it looks authentic, plain legs don't 

35 minutes ago, Robianco said:

I’ve actually got those already for a purist CC Pilot I was putting together.

The Donald Duck legs right? I’ve wavered between them and the CMF Soccer Player for my own custom CC Pilot, but neither are perfect - the bright light orange too strong for me.

Bright light yellow details with some orange on the helmet and (alas) the shoulders against the white would’ve been a lovely colour palette imo.

The AT-DP legs are a good shout tho, and failing that I’m sure we’ll see some white and yellow dual-moulds at some point.

Anyway one for the ‘Updating’ thread perhaps...

Looking forward to some more leaks from the CC Set!

6 hours ago, Alegrispa said:

My bad, I meant a regular ISD. Since it's been like what? 15? 16 years? Kids where born in that time who now have jobs.

Oh, yeah, that'd make more sense. The ISD is definitely at the top of the list of ones that they could remake, since it has indeed been ages and the old one is definitely less detailed than recent UCS sets have been. I'd still way rather seem them make something like one of the CIS capital ships, though. There are so many ships that have never been acknowledged by LEGO in any way--about as much time in Revenge of the Sith is spent aboard Invisible Hand as aboard the Death Star in A New Hope, but Invisible Hand has never even gotten a mini model, much less an actual set...

God I'm so over seeing Imperial/First Order and Rebel/Resistance stuff for like the past 4 or so years, it'd be nice to get more than just two or so clone wars/prequel trilogy sets (hopefully including clones and/or Bly).