MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

13 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

Does anyone know whether the code for the DJ promotion is locked to the account it was sent to?

It is, yes.

2 hours ago, Lababer-Rabarba said:

I didn‘t get the email from lego with the code to get dj. But I got a black VIP Card. What do I have to do to get the email or DJ?

Contact Lego customer service.

7 hours ago, Lababer-Rabarba said:

I didn‘t get the email from lego with the code to get dj. But I got a black VIP Card. What do I have to do to get the email or DJ?

This isn't unsual. I often don't get regular VIP emails either.

I’m not sure I’m looking forward to how many x wings I’m going to have to buy. 

I’ll need some for my Hoth diorama, my rebel hanger and some recolours for my Scarif blue squadron.

Hello,

Do you know when the output of the set 75222 UCS is exactly planned?

Has LEGO already communicated on this?

5 hours ago, Khargeust said:

Hello,

Do you know when the output of the set 75222 UCS is exactly planned?

Has LEGO already communicated on this?

It isn´t official yet. But I think it will be like with the UCS Millenium Falco last year (mid of September for VIPs and October 1st for everybody).

Edited by Praetorian_Guard

It would be coherent.

I read your topic "What I expect 75222 to be".
I share your expectations, but I hope the set will not be round like the Death Star but more like the historic Bespin World Kenner one with modular zones.

1 hour ago, Khargeust said:

It would be coherent.

I read your topic "What I expect 75222 to be".
I share your expectations, but I hope the set will not be round like the Death Star but more like the historic Bespin World Kenner one with modular zones.

I also don´t want the Set to look too much like the Death Star, because then there won´t be much new things (except minifigs and the layout of the rooms).

The rumor that it´ll be round came from somebody on Brickset, I think, who said that he had seen the Set.

Edited by Praetorian_Guard

In fact, what annoys me the most is not so much that it is round, but spherical! We will see.
Do you know if it is someone from the site who might have seen the set exclusively or just a user?

12 minutes ago, Khargeust said:

In fact, what annoys me the most is not so much that it is round, but spherical! We will see.
Do you know if it is someone from the site who might have seen the set exclusively or just a user?

It´s a user, who is also here on Eurobricks. I think it was @Paperballpark .

14 hours ago, Sportzjester said:

Have we heard about the next battle packs?

Interested to hear anything regarding these. It seems logical to assume we'll hear something of substance as we approach the winter and rumours start to emerge as to what the winter wave will consist of. 

if last year is anything to go on, the 2019 retailer catalog will likely leak late next month ... 

curious to see how they handle ep 9, since filming has yet to begin and not even sure the script is finished or if concept art is created ...

2 hours ago, Tidy said:

curious to see how they handle ep 9, since filming has yet to begin and not even sure the script is finished or if concept art is created ...

My guess would be they won’t do anything this year or anything until later next year as they typically do with December released movies. 

I would think LEGO would use this gap in movies to catch up on remakes as well as anything they haven’t touched that they’d like to. 

4 minutes ago, CodeNameGoldMember said:

My guess would be they won’t do anything this year or anything until later next year as they typically do with December released movies. 

I would think LEGO would use this gap in movies to catch up on remakes as well as anything they haven’t touched that they’d like to. 

let me rephrase that. 

since this year is pretty much done [as in leaked info etc] from a new set/release standpoint.  the first wave of '19 is most likely january '19, then probably a june '19 wave, and then force friday for september '19. [following previous year's]

knowing how long it generally take things to go from concept to full production to distribution, they should be well into things for next september.  but if there isn't anything to go off, will things for force friday be rushed or not even in the movie [another FA snowspeeder or TLJ heavy scout walker, etc], will there be a september force friday, etc ...

if you saw the leaked retailer catalog last summer [july 22nd i believe was the date] for 2018, you saw that the january '18, april '18 and august '18 sets were already close to finalized or final, including release date, set number, box size, etc.

i reckon TLG has next january and june waves pretty much decided upon and close to finalized. hence my comment about curious to see how they handle ep 9 ... it would be a shame to miss a force friday ...

31 minutes ago, CodeNameGoldMember said:

I'm actually really looking forward to seeing what we will get in this gap ... I'm really hoping for some more PT sets especially. Lego has done a good job of interspersing OT and PT sets in between the sets for all these new movies, but there are still some noticeable gaps that deserve some time now that there is the space for it.

2 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

I'm actually really looking forward to seeing what we will get in this gap ... I'm really hoping for some more PT sets especially. Lego has done a good job of interspersing OT and PT sets in between the sets for all these new movies, but there are still some noticeable gaps that deserve some time now that there is the space for it.

Yes, finally there is time for some more free maker adventures.... lol. No but I think it's likely that they also throw in some TLJ and Solo stuff as well. But I agree, there is actually an extra wave where they do not have to consider a new movie. However, are we even sure that the next year will be structures as before with a january, june and september wave or are we just guessing?

On 6/29/2018 at 5:42 PM, Sneakguest said:

However, are we even sure that the next year will be structures as before with a january, june and september wave or are we just guessing?

Of course it’s just assumptions for now but there’s no reason to believe it will differ from previous years.

Most likely there will be a Winter wave in either December 2018 or next January, a Summer wave in June, and Force Friday III in September.

On 6/29/2018 at 11:42 PM, Sneakguest said:

Yes, finally there is time for some more free maker adventures.... lol. No but I think it's likely that they also throw in some TLJ and Solo stuff as well. But I agree, there is actually an extra wave where they do not have to consider a new movie. However, are we even sure that the next year will be structures as before with a january, june and september wave or are we just guessing?

Freemakers gave us a Bounty Hunter battlepack which also included a 4-Lom. That validates the subtheme as far as I’m concerned. If it brings us a Zuckuss I’ll carry the creators on my shoulders and declare their genius.

Anyone else think the winter wave will feature Star Wars Resistance sets? Similar to the Rebels wave we got when that series was released

Just now, Jango1138 said:

Anyone else think the winter wave will feature Star Wars Resistance sets? Similar to the Rebels wave we got when that series was released

Aah forgot about that - maybe this period won't be so free after all :(